How long do you have to get to your assigned location after graudation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fos

I cant find any good info as to what people do with all their stuff upon graduation.

In the event that you get placed in Alaska for example, you obviously cant just drive there so do people sell their cars in OKC?

Go this facilities link on this site and select the facility in question. It should show the allowed "travel time" in days from the academy. Driving or flying, this is what they permit one to get there.

Go this facilities link on this site and select the facility in question. It should show the allowed "travel time" in days from the academy. Driving or flying, this is what they permit one to get there.

I believe that's only driving - if you choose to fly, isn't it just one travel day?

How much time do I get to report to my facility?
Dependant on the distance from the academy to your duty station. Each facility card on the site lists the alloted travel days. You also get 64 hours of change-of-station leave, which you may take prior to reporting to the facility upon approval from your facility's manager.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter whether you drive or fly.. Same concept of reporting to a military duty station.

Reactions: MJ
How much time do I get to report to my facility?
Dependant on the distance from the academy to your duty station. Each facility card on the site lists the alloted travel days. You also get 64 hours of change-of-station leave, which you may take prior to reporting to the facility upon approval from your facility's manager.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter whether you drive or fly.. Same concept of reporting to a military duty station.

Directly from the Slate book:

"Section 5. Terminal/En Route Academy Graduates
a. Upon graduation from initial training at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, terminal and en route employees shall be provided with the following options:

(1) The employees will be provided an airline ticket and given one (1) day of travel before reporting to the facility to which assigned. This is the authorized method of travel for purposes of applying for reimbursement under the FAATP; or

(2) The employees may elect to travel via a privately owned vehicle (POV). The employees will be granted excused absence up to the number of days indicated in Appendix G, for travel to the facility to which assigned. Excused absence is not granted for regular days off (RDO)."

(1) The employees will be provided an airline ticket and given one (1) day of travel before reporting to the facility to which assigned. This is the authorized method of travel for purposes of applying for reimbursement under the FAATP; or
That's if the FAA pays for your ticket. If you do it on your own it doesn't matter.

Plus I can't speak for every facility, but ours let us burn some regular leave as well, though it was around XMas. All in it was about 3 weeks from leaving the academy to showing up.

See the appendix in the back of the CBA. I’ve got an old digital copy that starts on page 190. I am on my phone and can’t attach it for some reason, but it’s on the NATCA bookshelf.

Some assembly required, sorry. You’ll have to download it yourself.

I cant imagine only having a couple days to relocate, and find a place to live lol ugh

I cant imagine only having a couple days to relocate, and find a place to live lol ugh

Does anyone care to share their experience or what you would recommend to those moving to a new state after graduation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom