If you had to rank all the FAA facilities in order of where you would want to be...

Terry

#1 obviously being your dream facility all the way down to a place you'd never want to go.(300+ I guess) Where would the facility that you are at now rank in that list? Curious to see how many people are where they truly want to be in the FAA.

Interesting question. For me its #1, but that took a decade. NCEPT being changed and made more arbitrary & political will make it extra tough for #1s going fwd

No it's actually not, it's just a fun joke now. ASE isn't a bad place, it's just too expensive to be at for a really long time. For most people it can't be a career facility, hard to buy a house and save enough for retirement. The facility itself is probably a more relaxed and better place to work than most places. Only open from 7am-8pm, no mando overtime ever, staffed for busy season so slow season you get tons of breaks, management is ok and so are most the people that work there. Plus with the AD pay and CIP most the cpcs make almost 100k, for a lvl 5 that's not terrible. The people who have spouses that can get decent jobs do pretty good, it's just hard for spouses to find good jobs since the only real industry here is hospitality. A few people have spouses that work at hospitals and most of them have bought houses/condos fairly easy.

The gripe I have is with the NCEPT, not ASE really. If ASE was 30 mins from Denver and not 3 hours it would be a sought after place.

Nantucket ?... Where I'm at now is probably top 15. Only a year out of the academy though so its top 5 as far as realistic places that could of been on the list.

Isn't the old saying...the facility you're leaving is number 313 and where you're going is number 1? With that being said I'm one of the few lucky ones...leaving a top 5 for a top 5.

Back
Top Bottom