Ifr cancellation in the charlie

wikdevo

Ifr aircraft in the charlie descending into a satellite non towered airport in the associated outer area.

Do you have to tell an ifr aircraft who has cancelled ifr in the charlie that radar services are terminated as we as ifr cancellation received.

5-1-13 b, 1 says that you do but it just seems so excessive.

Is the aircraft actually within the charted Class C when they cancel, or within the outer area? 7-8-2b says you must provide Class C services to all aircraft in the Class C itself, but 7-8-2c says that you only have to provide Class C services to "participating" aircraft in the outer area.

5-1-9b1 does say that you need to explicitly inform "radar service terminated" when they cancel IFR in an area "where basic radar service is provided" (the outer area is one such area) but 5-1-9b2 (and b4) says that you don't need to say it if they're conducting an approach and have been instructed to change to advisory frequency. That "advisory frequency" is what I use to inform my phraseology. I say one of the following two options:
  • IFR cancellation received, radar service terminated, squawk VFR, FREQUENCY CHANGE APPROVED

, or
  • IFR cancellation received, squawk VFR, CHANGE TO ADVISORY FREQUENCY APPROVED

...although looking at it, I guess I didn't "instruct" them to change to advisory frequency. But I said the words "advisory frequency" in the transmission, so.

Ifr aircraft in the charlie descending into a satellite non towered airport in the associated outer area.

Do you have to tell an ifr aircraft who has cancelled ifr in the charlie that radar services are terminated as we as ifr cancellation received.

5-1-13 b, 1 says that you do but it just seems so excessive.
What would you do for a vfr person? Change to advisory frequency approved

“IFR cancelation received,” followed by 7-8-8/7-6-11. I would only use the former phrase if they told me they wanted to cancel. Otherwise I’d ask for verification and then cancel or verify they had the satellite field in sight, clear for the visual, etc.

Back
Top Bottom