"Internal Union Business"

I don't care if it's Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusak running, whoever promises to get rid of (or at least try) the cat 3 restriction gets my vote. Staffing is the FAA's problem, not the Unions.

Backstory on this?

One of the moderators on the /ATC subreddit,"Shitty McFuckface" deletes posts that he/she doesn't like, sometimes with explanation, sometimes not. And usually deletes the explanation later if he/she even bothers.

One of the moderators on the /ATC subreddit,"Shitty McFuckface" deletes posts that he/she doesn't like, sometimes with explanation, sometimes not. And usually deletes the explanation later if he/she even bothers.
Confirmed. Total tool.

I didn't mean to imply that none of the RVP's actually support paul (I'm sure many do). I'm saying that anyone in NATCA with a brain knows that there are going to be severe consequences for disagreeing with the current president, and that is true ten times over if you do it on a public forum like a facebook wall that everyone can see. Just look at how he goes ballistic on people for simple differences of opinion. Bryan has also said that supporting paul will have no negative consequences should he become president, which makes it even more politically savvy to get behind paul due to the lack of repercussions.

Also, you don't get to speak for everyone who is involved at the regional level and higher. You have no place telling me the reasons people choose to get involved at the upper echelons of the union because you don't know. Stop speaking for people as if you know their every desire and aspiration. They might support paul, they might not. I highly doubt most of them ran for those positions just because they want to be closer up the NATCA ladder to paul. They might just want to be in a position of influence so that they can serve their electorate as best they can, to effect change, or to run for president themselves one day.

I really don't care if what I'm saying insults you. From what I can see and what I've experienced in this agency, it's the truth. Getting blacklisted is absolutely a real thing with the current leadership. People have absolutely had their normal work environments rendered utterly miserable for union-related issues by toxic coworkers with this "you're with us or against us" attitude.

Slow it down, brother. If you think my comment was somehow speaking for people any more than yours was then reread both of our comments. I guess we're coming from a different place because I do care if what I say insults you, because that's not my intention. I don't like being catagorized into the "fear of retaliation" pool because me and most of the people I work with don't feel that way.

I also never said they ran for positions to get close to Paul. I don't know how to reply to most of your post because I'm not sure what it's in response to.

"Not that it this in any way germaine but I think an interesting dynamic took place that every single one of you has skipped over in your rush to make “your point”

Since 2010 Paul Rinaldi and Trish Gilbert have sought the advice and counsel of their predecessors. Steve Bell, Ray Spickler, Barry Krasner, Mike McNally, Randy Schmitz, John Carr, Ruth Marlin and Pat Forrey. They have convened us at convention, during round table discussions, and yes, during private, sometimes heated debate concerning the future of our union. They listen, take notes, participate, and cell phones and laptops are not welcome. We get together because we love this union, and we love the membership. Do we always agree? No. Are we always given an unfiltered forum in which to address the elected leadership of the organization? YES.

Did Paul and Trish have to do this? NO. Did anyone before them think it was important enough to do? NO. Are we the only people they counseled with, including the NEB which has so overwhelmingly supported them? NO.

When ballots are counted the membership will have spoken, and in true NATCA form we will congeal like Jello behind the leadership and the vast resources they have available to help them guide our ship through rocky seas.

Please try to remember that personal attacks say more about the aggressor than the victim. Pointing out what someone else does wrong in no way helps me decide what you will do right. Negative campaigning works with negative people...which most controllers aren’t. Please one voter and you’ve got one vote; piss off one voter and you’ve poisoned a whole facility.

Have a vision. Have a plan for implementing it. Have actions you will take with our national office. Have actions you will take on Capitol Hill. Plan who you will do your media training with. Plan who you will do your mock testimony with. Plan a strategy that will bring the union to the vision you have spent the last three months articulating to them.....you HAVE spent the last three months articulating you’re vision, haven’t you?

Finally, you ain’t God. As G.W.Bush told Bill Clinton as they headed for Clinton’s inauguration,” Now you get to see just exactly how little power you have.” Build relationships within NATCA and with industry, the AFL-CIO, the construction trades, AFA, ALPA and too many to mention. Know what you’re going to say before you sit down.

And don’t fuck up. 15,000 families are counting on you to get it right EVERY SINGLE TIME." - John Carr

"Not that it this in any way germaine but I think an interesting dynamic took place that every single one of you has skipped over in your rush to make “your point”

Since 2010 Paul Rinaldi and Trish Gilbert have sought the advice and counsel of their predecessors. Steve Bell, Ray Spickler, Barry Krasner, Mike McNally, Randy Schmitz, John Carr, Ruth Marlin and Pat Forrey. They have convened us at convention, during round table discussions, and yes, during private, sometimes heated debate concerning the future of our union. They listen, take notes, participate, and cell phones and laptops are not welcome. We get together because we love this union, and we love the membership. Do we always agree? No. Are we always given an unfiltered forum in which to address the elected leadership of the organization? YES.

Did Paul and Trish have to do this? NO. Did anyone before them think it was important enough to do? NO. Are we the only people they counseled with, including the NEB which has so overwhelmingly supported them? NO.

When ballots are counted the membership will have spoken, and in true NATCA form we will congeal like Jello behind the leadership and the vast resources they have available to help them guide our ship through rocky seas.

Please try to remember that personal attacks say more about the aggressor than the victim. Pointing out what someone else does wrong in no way helps me decide what you will do right. Negative campaigning works with negative people...which most controllers aren’t. Please one voter and you’ve got one vote; piss off one voter and you’ve poisoned a whole facility.

Have a vision. Have a plan for implementing it. Have actions you will take with our national office. Have actions you will take on Capitol Hill. Plan who you will do your media training with. Plan who you will do your mock testimony with. Plan a strategy that will bring the union to the vision you have spent the last three months articulating to them.....you HAVE spent the last three months articulating you’re vision, haven’t you?

Finally, you ain’t God. As G.W.Bush told Bill Clinton as they headed for Clinton’s inauguration,” Now you get to see just exactly how little power you have.” Build relationships within NATCA and with industry, the AFL-CIO, the construction trades, AFA, ALPA and too many to mention. Know what you’re going to say before you sit down.

And don’t fuck up. 15,000 families are counting on you to get it right EVERY SINGLE TIME." - John Carr

Probably one of the best things I have read from John Carr when I went through the Facebook post. Wise man who learned the hard way. Paul and Trish when they started did a great many things combined with consulting their predesscors, which I do not deny, but having seen the gradual downward spiral (perhaps a symptom of having been in office way too long) I no longer agree with the direction the Union has taken. Term Limits need to brought up to convention again for starters and the clique that surrounds them needs to be broken up. Too many people have been in for too long and as Zilonis said, “RVP’s need to focus on their region and assign responsibility for national projects to their members in order to start raising the generation of leaders.”

The example Paul and Trish have set, I would say within the last 5 alone, is very concerning. Watching how they have gone from Golden Boy to Golden boy (ie John Bratcher), observing the crop of leaders they “encourage” to accept their view point really disturbs me. You cannot have an opposing view point with them, you just cannot. If you have one you will not work on anything Union because you do not tow the line. As I have said it didn’t start out this way, but stacking offices with “Yes men” is not the way to go.

name calling and personal insults will always be removed. If it cant be posted without some semblance of maturity or respect then don’t post it. you were told exactly why it was removed.

Last edited:
I think it's kind of shady when replying to a Zilonis video about privatization, if the comments talk about privatization they get moved out of thread or deleted for being off topic. That's pretty bush league.

This website is really solid for air traffic information, I would even go as far as to say the best publically available resource. Unfortunately when it comes to NATCA affairs go it's as politically biased as Fox news.

I think it's kind of shady when replying to a Zilonis video about privatization, if the comments talk about privatization they get moved out of thread or deleted for being off topic. That's pretty bush league.

This website is really solid for air traffic information, I would even go as far as to say the best publically available resource. Unfortunately when it comes to NATCA affairs go it's as politically biased as Fox news.

Feel free to get your news elsewhere. Far as I can tell, the only thing you come here to do is denigrate the character of Bryan Zilonis. Which is pretty rich considering the candidate that you’re supporting.

Feel free to get your news elsewhere. Far as I can tell, the only thing you come here to do is denigrate the character of Bryan Zilonis. Which is pretty rich considering the candidate that you’re supporting.

Give me some examples please. Pretty sure I haven't done that.

Replies were all moved to one thread as for consolidation, I don’t move replies, please feel free to ask MJ.

I also largely disagree with the NATCA bashing that accompanies this board but the Fox News line is a stretchhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That place is like a horrific national behavior modification psych experiment and this place is a lone anonymous message board.

Just out of curiosity, where's the line for personal insults, maturity, respect etc? Cause I just double checked my post history and I would like someone to do the same and tell me if they agree that the only thing I come here to do is denigrate the character of Bryan Zilonis.

I also largely disagree with the NATCA bashing that accompanies this board but the Fox News line is a stretchhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That place is like a national behavior modification psych experiment and this place is a lone anonymous message board.

Haha okay that's fair. My point is just that there's an overwhelming bias.

Back
Top Bottom