January 2020 NEST Panel

Got all my D sides and was working on my first 2 R sides. Does anyone know how my pay will be affected when I move? If I’m level 12 D2 will I get my pay saved or will it drop back down to new trainee at my next facility?

Would you mind sharing the date they terminated your training? Its my understanding that they hand out facilities after we get them our picks based on how far we made it in training and how long we've been out of training, correct?

Would you mind sharing the date they terminated your training? Its my understanding that they hand out facilities after we get them our picks based on how far we made it in training and how long we've been out of training, correct?
It's in time order, people who got their training terminated first will pick first, with the coward who "withdrew" from training always going last. It has nothing to do with how far someone got in terms of "D" levels.

My paperwork says it’s based off 1. Current training level completion and 2. Training termination date. So both are factors. Mine was either late August or early September. They forgot to send my paperwork for the Nov. Nest so I’ve been waiting for quite a while. Hopefully this puts me high in the pecking order

Last edited:
It's in time order, people who got their training terminated first will pick first, with the coward who "withdrew" from training always going last. It has nothing to do with how far someone got in terms of "D" levels.
Seems like the only reason there would be for withdrawing is if you could just jump in the fast track back to your old spot.

It isn’t cowardly to withdraw from a place you know you won’t certify at. It’s painfully obvious for some but everyone keeps pretending. It isn’t fair to that person or the trainers who are wasting their time.

It isn’t cowardly to withdraw from a place you know you won’t certify at. It’s painfully obvious for some but everyone keeps pretending. It isn’t fair to that person or the trainers who are wasting their time.
Then at that point have the training team terminate your training. You don’t have to be at 100% of hours. Unless you fast track to your old facility you are just hurting yourself by resigning, you go to the end of the list to select facilities.

or you are somewhere that's toxic and nobody wants to be at.. wait.. that's the whole faa

or you are somewhere that's toxic and nobody wants to be at.. wait.. that's the whole faa
Lots of places suck but unless you are a CPCIT who can immediately "fast track", it is 100% true in every instance it is better to make them wash you out rather then withdraw. Nobody is going to look at your training history and think any higher of you because it says withdrawal rather then training terminated and everyone with training terminated picks facilities before the withdrawals. If you are a marginal case as a new hire a withdrawal might be more likely to get flight service or 2154 then another chance at ATC too as they could be viewed upon as a quitter.

If you are a new hire with 0 certs then you better not wash or withdraw because from what i hear now the FAA is leaning towards not retaining them.. As per the cpc-it. i know alot of people played the "lotto". As in they didn't like where they were and they bid anywhere.. got to that anywhere spot and withdrew just to try and get somewhere else more desirable. they may have not had a preference.. they just didn't like the last 2 places. who knows?

If you are a new hire with 0 certs then you better not wash or withdraw because from what i hear now the FAA is leaning towards not retaining them.. As per the cpc-it. i know alot of people played the "lotto". As in they didn't like where they were and they bid anywhere.. got to that anywhere spot and withdrew just to try and get somewhere else more desirable. they may have not had a preference.. they just didn't like the last 2 places. who knows?
The lotto thing is real, and a lot of times it works for people, at least upgrading them a bit, it’s just a sad state of affairs that people have to resort to that as the transfer and placement system is so broken.

The lotto thing is real, and a lot of times it works for people, at least upgrading them a bit, it’s just a sad state of affairs that people have to resort to that as the transfer and placement system is so broken.

It like a gutsy thing to do, especially if you wash at place number two.

It like a gutsy thing to do, especially if you wash at place number two.
It does take balls but if you were CPC at a level 5 black hole, wash at a higher place, you will only be offered level 5’s again. So you should have a good shot to certify unless you go to a place with major culture or training issues.

It's not that hard of a decision to make. You know where you came from and what skills you possess. If you went from a 7 to a 12 and certified easy at that 7 and made it 1/2 way through the 12 i'd say you could probably make it at another 7... I'm sure its still a risk but its pretty nil. Most FAA facilities usually aren't in the business of washing people out and i'm sure they'd do their best and try and get you re-certified at the new facility.

Do you mind sharing when your termination of training date was? Mine was towards the end of November. I received a list of five level 4 towers.

Last edited:
Did anyone other than me and the one guy on this thread get the "apply for 2154 positions" option? If you applied, have you heard anything back from those facilities?

Do you mind sharing when your termination of training date was? Mine was towards the end of November. I received a list of five level 4 towers.
They terminated my training Nov 5th. I had 3 R sides at a level 12. My list was 30 facilities; 2 lvl 8 TRACON and the rest 7 and below towers and up/downs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom