Mass exodus?

We have 17% of our facility leaving the union, as in submitted their SF1188s. Are you seeing the same at yours?

To each their own of course, lots of reasons to go or stay, just getting a feel for if this is localized or not.
Give me your name, your facility, and the names of the others leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just messing with you lol. But I think it will be one more year before the mass exodus. People are trying to be optimistic but when they further extend the slate book this year because they are scared Trump will win, and Santa wins because Jamal and Daniels drop out for “solidarity”, people will go nuts and I hope 20% nationwide drop out in January 2025.

Just messing with you lol. But I think it will be one more year before the mass exodus. People are trying to be optimistic but when they further extend the slate book this year because they are scared Trump will win, and Santa wins because Jamal and Daniels drop out for “solidarity”, people will go nuts and I hope 20% nationwide drop out in January 2025.
That's what I suspected too until the numbers started floating around here. I've heard "im giving them one more year" for 3 years now so it surprised the shit out of me.

It’s their problem. They’ve given a majority of the membership zero value. If you’re at a level 12 you probably see more benefit. I got out 3 years ago and all I miss out on is 2 slices of pizza at the union meetings and a silly ass couch that I’m not allowed to look at.

The covid trainees are finishing up there certs this year. Will be interesting to see how they feel about the no in pursuing any type of raise for them. My facility was training flms, admin, and okc was open but we had to go by some natca map on the floor. Curious if a nominated person will put this on their platform. What's 3 years of missing 1.6% raises equal over a career?

The covid trainees are finishing up there certs this year. Will be interesting to see how they feel about the no in pursuing any type of raise for them. My facility was training flms, admin, and okc was open but we had to go by some natca map on the floor. Curious if a nominated person will put this on their platform. What's 3 years of missing 1.6% raises equal over a career?
Better than what nav Canada did at least

Ahh the old “yOu ShOuLd Be HaPpY tO sTiLl HaVe A jOb” propaganda line the union loved throwing around during COVID. The facts are, there were no Federal employees anywhere in United States that lost their jobs because of the pandemic. There weren’t even any serious discussions about layoffs happening. A bullshit excuse for a union that did nothing to get people back to training for 2+ years.

We aren't Canada. Luckily the UNION PUSHED PRIVATIZATION didn't go through. I remember 2017 and 2018 needing a seat at the table.

No federal employees lost jobs
Be grateful you had a job... like millions of other fed employees sitting at home getting performance based raises for telecommuting.

It was about the 5 10 for cpc and trainees got the dumpster.

It was about my high bmi too dangerous to work but being at disney...

FAA was training union wasn't.

Back on topic where are numbers posted for membership percentage

I'll beleive it [a "mass exodus"] when I see it. A friend was telling me last year there was vitriol aired against the union openly in the area, despite that no one 1188'd. The interwebz appear to have been livid the last 2-3 years, and yet it seems like few have filed 1188s. Some may have chosen to get involved, and good on those who have, but I think few have actually left. I know in my area 2 are leaving this year. I'm not sure if anyone else is upset as there is very little, if any, union bashing I see.

What's 3 years of missing 1.6% raises equal over a career?
The basic pay numbers (high level facility) I used showed a 4.88% less Basic Pay at this point vs a timeline that included 3x 1.6% raises

It’s their problem. They’ve given a majority of the membership zero value. If you’re at a level 12 you probably see more benefit. I got out 3 years ago and all I miss out on is 2 slices of pizza at the union meetings and a silly ass couch that I’m not allowed to look at.
Same! I got out a few years ago and I guess all that shows up for a union party is the eboard so 3 people. Small facility and they hoard the money like it’s their own. Last I heard had over 8k in the bank and they never want to spend a dime. Fuck that pizza I’ll just eat it when the OS bring it in for us!

Same! I got out a few years ago and I guess all that shows up for a union party is the eboard so 3 people. Small facility and they hoard the money like it’s their own. Last I heard had over 8k in the bank and they never want to spend a dime. Fuck that pizza I’ll just eat it when the OS bring it in for us!
Haha it all makes sense now. The coat riders all up in arms about the union demanding they do a better job and give them pay raises.

Ha.

Haha it all makes sense now. The coat riders all up in arms about the union demanding they do a better job and give them pay raises.

Ha.
I donated for 13 years playing the game before I realized they are all a spoof and the NCEPT wasn’t going to work because of shit staffing. I’ll criticize until there is a major change. Will rejoin if and when they negotiate a better contract.
Until then I can finally afford to max my tsp after 16 years with the help of saving dues! 9 years and counting!

I’d argue it’s safe to assume most people don’t leave the union because they don’t want to hurt their own respective local. National can F right off at this point. If there was a way for my dues to ONLY be used by the local, I’d have signed up years ago.

If/when national punts on this current negotiation period (tick tock Feb. 2nd!) that’ll be the final straw I think for most people on the fence… or maybe that’s just me

Back
Top Bottom