Mick Devine - Let's Compare Pay for an ATC-6 vs. GS-12...

Yet another video comparing GS pay scale to ATC pay scale. The idea is half baked and only outlines a pay discrepancy between scales with no solution to fix it. This discrepancy was known years ago and the current leaders have done nothing to address it until election time. More money is always welcome, and is the main thing a union should ALWAYS be striving for. It may be uncomfortable, but the fact is ~4k is NOT going to fix low level shit holes.

Another day, another video talking about the exact same shit. With everything going on with our workforce, he thinks hyper focusing on this one issue is enough to get him elected. That in it of itself should be a huge slap in the face to every voting member. Why doesn’t he just say the workforce as a whole is vastly underpaid and if elected, he’ll advocate for a substantial across the board pay raise with Congress and the Administration? If everyone got a 20% raise, nobody would give a shit about level 4-6 facilities not keeping up with the GS scale. Like another poster mentioned, he thinks if he can secure a bunch of votes from the lower level facilities across the country, it’d be enough to get him elected. That’s the only reason he’s obsessively talking about this. Fucking weasel.

Yeah mick don’t talk about pay during election season. We don’t want to know anything about your priorities for this union…

As others said I hit my breaking point with this d-bag. Makes video after video about how a 5-6 year CPC at low level facilities are making 2-4K less then on the GS scale. What about how every controller lost at least 12% in base pay buying vs inflation the last few years and he and Santa “congratulated” us on the contract extension. How many thousands is that?

I guess that part is too “uncomfortable” for the dick bag to talk about.

Yeah mick don’t talk about pay during election season. We don’t want to know anything about your priorities for this union…
He’s not talking about pay in general. He’s talking about one very specific issue that affects a minority of the workforce. And even if he corrected it, it would only give those few people a few thousand extra dollars. An extra $2-3K annually still doesn’t help offset the inflation that’s diluted our salaries. This is literally the only thing he’s talked about for weeks. Do you think this is the only issue?

Where is the solution.??? Why not instead of meeting in Nashville. Be knocking on mayor Pete door and hitting the agency up today.

Why. Because he wants to get elected and spout off and chrip to save his own ass.

Not go to bat right now.

Say what you want but this is still better content than a montage of Nick and Jamal’s friends saying nice things about them.

^this is the only content I’ve seen that’s worth voting for. Can’t wait to see the “transparency” and “pay” perspectives as well.

Oh yeah, I agree with you (JD 2024) but doing an apples to apples comparison between the 2 VP candidates, Mick’s videos are actually relevant and appear to have some effort put into them whereas JH videos are just his friends saying general statements about him : “He’s a hard worker”…“he has the qualities needed to move this union forward”…reminds me of like a high school student government campaign. Mick appears to have a likeability issue that he needs to work through.
Have you seen the JH videos? Or just one video with endorsements

Have you seen the JH videos? Or just one video with endorsements
I follow his instagram and their instagram stories are just these weird snippets that just say things like. “We need to take the new ideas and see how we can use them”

Also are we going to ignore the fact that Waco is a level 7 so the whole premise of his video isn’t even factual.

I follow his instagram and their instagram stories are just these weird snippets that just say things like. “We need to take the new ideas and see how we can use them”

Also are we going to ignore the fact that Waco is a level 7 so the whole premise of his video isn’t even factual.
You mean Waykoport?

I'm going to recycle a general comment I made in another thread. To compare the FAA AT pay bands to the GS pay bands is disingenuous because it isn't a true apples-to-apples comparison.

Does anyone else notice that these videos say "FAA facility makes x-dollars less today than if they had stayed under the GS scale," but they never actually show the math in how they got those "x-dollars less?" There's a reason they show a dollar figure but they never show the math.... because using the apples-to-apples comparison would show they're full of shit.

There is also another (more important) reason. An apples-to-apples comparison of AT and GS pay scales would demonstrate the fallacy of the NATCA negotiated contracts related to pay. The fallacy is that the GS pay scale does not artificially kneecap its employees by underpaying them because they're only "Academy Graduates" or "developmentals." The "six-year CPC at ACT" in this video was likely paid "AG or developmental" wages for two years and CPC wages for four years... so they're just barely above the CPC band minimum six years into their career. A similar GS scale employee - one who was not willingly and capriciously "kneecapped" by its union - hired as a GS12, Step 1 is now a GS-12, Step 5 after the same six years of service.

I'm going to recycle a general comment I made in another thread. To compare the FAA AT pay bands to the GS pay bands is disingenuous because it isn't a true apples-to-apples comparison.

Does anyone else notice that these videos say "FAA facility makes x-dollars less today than if they had stayed under the GS scale," but they never actually show the math in how they got those "x-dollars less?" There's a reason they show a dollar figure but they never show the math.... because using the apples-to-apples comparison would show they're full of shit.

There is also another (more important) reason. An apples-to-apples comparison of AT and GS pay scales would demonstrate the fallacy of the NATCA negotiated contracts related to pay. The fallacy is that the GS pay scale does not artificially kneecap its employees by underpaying them because they're only "Academy Graduates" or "developmentals." The "six-year CPC at ACT" in this video was likely paid "AG or developmental" wages for two years and CPC wages for four years... so they're just barely above the CPC band minimum six years into their career. A similar GS scale employee - one who was not willingly and capriciously "kneecapped" by its union - hired as a GS12, Step 1 is now a GS-12, Step 5 after the same six years of service.
Well said. Maybe everyone should be starting at the bottom of the CPC band. Then all raises actually count. The Natca raises end up disappearing depending on the length of training because the trainees get moved to the bottom of CPC band after X amount of time training. They really are looking out for their members wow. Never looked at it like that before. GS are really getting a better deal from the start, TSP matching, enough money to not feel like living in poverty in High Cola for years. NATCA is great! 🤣

There would still be incentive to certify and keep your job for anyone arguing that would take away motivation. Nothing changes with the training process except for compensation is all on a level playing field from day one and you get to maximize all raises.

There would still be incentive to certify and keep your job for anyone arguing that would take away motivation. Nothing changes with the training process except for compensation is all on a level playing field from day one and you get to maximize all raises.
This part’s blatantly untrue. The amount of people that scam training schedules and trainee leave availability, because they began training at full salary, is way higher than devs. Some people still do it even though they’re still in the training bands.

This part’s blatantly untrue. The amount of people that scam training schedules and trainee leave availability, because they began training at full salary, is way higher than devs. Some people still do it even though they’re still in the training bands.
So you’re talking CPC-IT? They aren’t quite at full salary either 50% on the go…
There’s the NTI if people fucking around, take it to the TRB. That’s in house training issues at that point.

Back
Top Bottom