Mick Devine - Who's Making More Money? ATC-4 or a GS-11?

I think this guy might have jumped the shark or just went nuts with this. Won’t get off it and is vicariously is blasting every contract negotiation after the white book. Usually that would get you blackballed and ostracized for criticizing your union forefathers like that. Won’t touch issues like NCEPT who Andy L. and Dean co-designed and he is the current lead on and Santa told Congress it was robust, but thinks NTI is the current flashpoint in the NAS.

If he and Santa do get elected, it is looking more and more like they try to combine levels 4-6 into one pay band between the current level 6-7 band to bring entry level air traffic pay more in line with other jobs in other facilities, but do nothing else, and call pay “fixed”.

I think this guy might have jumped the shark or just went nuts with this. Won’t get off it and is vicariously is blasting every contract negotiation after the white book. Usually that would get you blackballed and ostracized for criticizing your union forefathers like that. Won’t touch issues like NCEPT who Andy L. and Dean co-designed and he is the current lead on and Santa told Congress it was robust, but thinks NTI is the current flashpoint in the NAS.

If he and Santa do get elected, it is looking more and more like they try to combine levels 4-6 into one pay band between the current level 6-7 band to bring entry level air traffic pay more in line with other jobs in other facilities, but do nothing else, and call pay “fixed”.
It really sounds like he’s going to ask for a raise for these people then sell the rest of us out

Unlike other posters, I don't care one way or the other in that I do not have a particular opinion on this matter. When you realize none of us are appropriately paid for what we do, you get to the point that "it just is what it is."

That said, having been part of a GS-2152 classification review at Department of the (Military Branch) level, BPT (and almost all other ATC-4 to ATC-6 stand-alone Towers) would be classified at the GS-10 level. So, to compare them to GS-11 is disingenuous in that it isn't a true apples-to-apples comparison.

The dude is hyper focusing on this specific issue because out of the 142 FAA tower only facilities in the NAS, 75 of them are ATC 4-6. As far as up/downs are concerned, out of 123 facilities, 54 of them are ATC 4-6. On average there are about 11 CPC’s per 4-6 tower only and about 25 per up/down; this is only assuming that these facilities are at or near 100% staffing (lol). He’s playing a numbers game. He doesn’t actually care about the issue. If he can earn at least half of the NAS’s votes with these facilities and count on a handful from 7-12 facilities, he’s a shoo-in for EVP. The only reason he cares about this issue so much is because he knows it will win him the election. Self-serving career politician in the making.

The dude is hyper focusing on this specific issue because out of the 142 FAA tower only facilities in the NAS, 75 of them are ATC 4-6. As far as up/downs are concerned, out of 123 facilities, 54 of them are ATC 4-6. On average there are about 11 CPC’s per 4-6 tower only and about 25 per up/down; this is only assuming that these facilities are at or near 100% staffing (lol). He’s playing a numbers game. He doesn’t actually care about the issue. If he can earn at least half of the NAS’s votes with these facilities and count on a handful from 7-12 facilities, he’s a shoo-in for EVP. The only reason he cares about this issue so much is because he knows it will win him the election. Self-serving career politician in the making.
This is really good analysis. Guarantee you even if he’s elected, nothing with change for anybody. Except him of course. More steak and lobster.

This is really good analysis. Guarantee you even if he’s elected, nothing with change for anybody. Except him of course. More steak and lobster.

Yeah you right
we should vote for the dude that showed up uninvited to the archies on our dime, dined at 3 different restaurants on our dime and then punched a guy who won an award

Yeah you right
we should vote for the dude that showed up uninvited to the archies on our dime, dined at 3 different restaurants on our dime and then punched a guy who won an award
I’m not saying he’s any better. I’m not a fan of either of them, and both are super shitty choices. Hopefully someone else jumps in the race. Right now the only person I’m sure I’m voting for is Justin Dailey.

Yeah you right

He showed up at my facility to campaign with no announcement or invite and I believe before the campaign season was open. Got into a (non physical) skirmish with our local because of it.

He showed up at my facility to campaign with no announcement or invite and I believe before the campaign season was open. Got into a (non physical) skirmish with our local because of it.
What do they feel about Santa/Devine there? Many think that team will run away with the NEA so much that they win like Rinaldi did. Is it overwhelming support for Santa there or no?

What do they feel about Santa/Devine there? Many think that team will run away with the NEA so much that they win like Rinaldi did. Is it overwhelming support for Santa there or no?
I'm also curious about the N90 sentiment

Last edited:
I don’t really talk about it or ever hear anyone else talking about it but after the whole PHL debacle there is a lot of NATCA anger here right now. At least in my area I do not think Santa is particularly popular.

Back
Top Bottom