MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

You do a second MMPI and a few other tests. Sometimes those other tests are geared towards whatever flagged you in the first mmpi (alcoholism, drug dependencies, other psychological issues). After the tests, youll do an interview with the pysch. It's a 6 hour appointment at least.
Mine lasted about 3 hours

Has anybody had this experience? I had my Tier appt in Sept. I heard from the Tier 2 team had completed my review and sent it back to the Flight surgeon. I thought I would hear something fairly quickly but it has been about a month. Any ideas?

Has anybody had this experience? I had my Tier appt in Sept. I heard from the Tier 2 team had completed my review and sent it back to the Flight surgeon. I thought I would hear something fairly quickly but it has been about a month. Any ideas?
I think I remember reading earlier in this thread it takes a few months

You do a second MMPI and a few other tests. Sometimes those other tests are geared towards whatever flagged you in the first mmpi (alcoholism, drug dependencies, other psychological issues). After the tests, youll do an interview with the pysch. It's a 6 hour appointment at least.
This. I had my eval today actually. I’ll just add that they go over literally everything significant that’s happened in your life starting from where you were born until present day. Biggest advice to people taking or retaking the mmpi is consider basically every question to be a blanket statement about yourself. It’s either black or white. After reviewing the answers I was flagged on, it was clear that I didn’t have that mindset when I first took the test.

Answer truthfully, they said. Go with your initial instinct, they said.

Using these types of tests for hiring purposes should be illegal.

This. I had my eval today actually. I’ll just add that they go over literally everything significant that’s happened in your life starting from where you were born until present day. Biggest advice to people taking or retaking the mmpi is consider basically every question to be a blanket statement about yourself. It’s either black or white. After reviewing the answers I was flagged on, it was clear that I didn’t have that mindset when I first took the test.

Answer truthfully, they said. Go with your initial instinct, they said.

Using these types of tests for hiring purposes should be illegal.
I cannot believe how long this process is...

Anyone know the percentage or estimate of how many people get categorized as Tier 2 vs how many actually "pass" as tier 1?
I believe the video they make you watch before taking it mentions the “fail” rate is around 20%. Of those 20% the number is dramatically smaller on the people they even vet out completely.

Anyone see that reddit thread where the person failed the T2 evaluation? And then admitted that he saw Humans and animals that others dont see to their psychiatrist, lol

What was the reason they said?
They said recurrent depression, anxiety, and impaired stress tolerance. I had some anxiety due to a job and took Zoloft for about a year but have been off about 2 years without any issue. That's the reason I'm going to appeal, I don't believe it's a recurrent thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom