NATCA leadership on those leaving the union

45 quit? Lmao.
You need to use more thought into it. Contract towers joined. Then you also find that people retired. And then we also had new hires as well. There’s no way to find the exact number, just a guesstimate. I’d say more than 45. Less than 200

I don’t believe that there was a net loss of only 45. Mick said he lost 16, someone said the NEA lost 22, A80 lost about 20 alone, other facilities lost a dozen or so on their own, and there were more consistent losses in the southern regions and states.

So even with the contract towers I think the overall losses were higher, probably about 3% of the membership. So that’s about 400 NATCA people who are actual controllers. Which might seem like much but normally losses are way under 50 a year.

26/76 CPCs (not counting the two permanent TMUs) are not in the union currently at A80.
- One union member CPC is leaving to go to AOV (no deviation required).
- One union member CPC is going to a permanent TMU position (so no longer counted in the CPC number).
- Another two CPCs submitted their paperwork in February thus missing the window.

So shortly, you’ll have 48/74 (64.8%) in the union. If those two other CPCs resubmit their paperwork, you’d be at 46/74 (62.2%) in the union come January 2023. Currently, it has to be the lowest percentage of any higher level facility and could get even worse in six months.

26/76 CPCs (not counting the two permanent TMUs) are not in the union currently at A80.
- One union member CPC is leaving to go to AOV (no deviation required).
- One union member CPC is going to a permanent TMU position (so no longer counted in the CPC number).
- Another two CPCs submitted their paperwork in February thus missing the window.

So shortly, you’ll have 48/74 (64.8%) in the union. If those two other CPCs resubmit their paperwork, you’d be at 46/74 (62.2%) in the union come January 2023. Currently, it has to be the lowest percentage of any higher level facility and could get even worse in six months.
So your telling me I'd get a base pay raise, a locality raise and I don't have to pay union dues? Where does one sign up?

I suppose I wasn’t considering gains against losses there. So what do they consider as terminations? Just actual termination of employments whether that be by choice or by NEST? Or other factors like transfers to management, etc?

You need to use more thought into it. Contract towers joined. Then you also find that people retired. And then we also had new hires as well. There’s no way to find the exact number, just a guesstimate. I’d say more than 45. Less than 200
The screenshots posted shows number of bues. Once you run that filter of “active” members you will see in one of the columns where it says member or non-member. They used to have a filter where it broke it down. They took it out. I remember looking at it in March and it was around 15k paying members.

The screenshots posted shows number of bues. Once you run that filter of “active” members you will see in one of the columns where it says member or non-member. They used to have a filter where it broke it down. They took it out. I remember looking at it in March and it was around 15k paying members.
Convenient that they took it out

Convenient that they took it out
Naked Gun Panic GIF

FWIW... Not completely sure of the specific numbers but the NEB Meeting Minutes from May put the number of membership losses at just under 4%. And also noted no significant impact to the union's budget.

FWIW... Not completely sure of the specific numbers but the NEB Meeting Minutes from May put the number of membership losses at just under 4%. And also noted no significant impact to the union's budget.
I'm curious about PAC contributions?

I'm curious about PAC contributions?
I don’t have numbers. I believe in the midst of the pandemic the PAC loss about 1M in contributions. Since the pandemic the union has been pushing solidarity events and tries to sell it at every national event as well. It’s slowly on the rise again. Don’t have specific percentage numbers though

PAC peaked around $9.6 million and bottomed out at $8.1 million as of this past winter. NATCA says it’s because of the lack of their ability to educate new hires of the PAC due to COVID.

Lol. It’s like when they say all those hundreds of people left the union over “just one issue”.

Two of the best sites for those into politics and money:

Federal Election Commission (NATCA): COMMITTEE DETAILS FOR COMMITTEE ID C00238725

And Open Secrets (NATCA): PAC Profile: National Air Traffic Controllers Assn

Reporting is by election cycle, which is every two years. Looks like the most money raised was for the 2020 election cycle - $9.085 million. So roughly $4.5 million raised per year, although it would actually be less considering the amount of cash-on-hand at the start of the reporting period.

Back
Top Bottom