Ncept is solid program

I'm not going to sit and defend what he said about our transfer process. It's obviously not solid in our current state.

But watching the whole hearing, Santa tied almost every answer back to inadequate staffing and funding.
1) He called attention to the Collaborative Resource Workgroup (CRWG) having been completed in January but still not included in the FAA's staffing plan.
2) He called out the FAA's accounting and finance smoke and mirrors of counting trainees in our total number of controllers to make it seem like we're more adequately staffed.
3) He called out FAA's hiring and said a lot of facilities would benefit from hiring locally.

32andBelow, I definitely think he had an opportunity to expand on that and was disappointed he declined to. I don't know if that was strategic? Public perception of ATC is very finnicky.

Unfortunately, the house committee are not there to hear about ATC locality pay or our inability to transfer. They want answers about safety, delays, and to play political theater about what can be done.

I'm not going to sit and defend what he said about our transfer process. It's obviously not solid in our current state.

But watching the whole hearing, Santa tied almost every answer back to inadequate staffing and funding.
1) He called attention to the Collaborative Resource Workgroup (CRWG) having been completed in January but still not included in the FAA's staffing plan.
2) He called out the FAA's accounting and finance smoke and mirrors of counting trainees in our total number of controllers to make it seem like we're more adequately staffed.
3) He called out FAA's hiring and said a lot of facilities would benefit from hiring locally.

32andBelow, I definitely think he had an opportunity to expand on that and was disappointed he declined to. I don't know if that was strategic? Public perception of ATC is very finnicky.

Unfortunately, the house committee are not there to hear about ATC locality pay or our inability to transfer. They want answers about safety, delays, and to play political theater about what can be done.

I'd argue that now is not the time to demand more money. Maybe in a few months when all this negative press dies down and something new other than aviation is the hot topic. Everything happening right now can be tied to poor staffing/overworked. Higher salaries wouldn't necessarily stop those incidents from happening but more staffing could.

I'd argue that now is not the time to demand more money. Maybe in a few months when all this negative press dies down and something new other than aviation is the hot topic. Everything happening right now can be tied to poor staffing/overworked. Higher salaries wouldn't necessarily stop those incidents from happening but more staffing could.
The time was when our contract was up for negotiation. But if they wanted to give us a bump now they just have to invent some premium. The 20% ojti doesn’t show up in any press or on government websites. Hell they could give a premium just for TOP if they wanted to sneak us a raise

The time was when our contract was up for negotiation. But if they wanted to give us a bump now they just have to invent some premium. The 20% ojti doesn’t show up in any press or on government websites. Hell they could give a premium just for TOP if they wanted to sneak us a raise
I agree pay should get increased in some ways. Personally I think getting premiums across the board would be easier than entire salaries but I don't know. I'd love for cic and night diff to be 20%. I also think Saturdays should have premium pay and not just Sundays.

I agree pay should get increased in some ways. Personally I think getting premiums across the board would be easier than entire salaries but I don't know. I'd love for cic and night diff to be 20%. I also think Saturdays should have premium pay and not just Sundays.
I think night and Sunday’s are a gov wide thing so im
Not sure if they can be modified. But just imagine 10-20% for hours you’re plugged in. People would be showing and begging to Split sectors ?

But I know if you type out names into one of those
Gov salary trackers it only shows base pay

Not sure if they can be modified. But just imagine 10-20% for hours you’re plugged in. People would be showing and begging to Split sectors ?

Shit I get 20% diffs for all weekend shifts and 15% for all mids. But I swear the agency isn’t gonna get things changed for the better until people start dying. It’s gonna happen this year and the agency and the union deserve to get roasted when it does eventually happen.

Shit I get 20% diffs for all weekend shifts and 15% for all mids. But I swear the agency isn’t gonna get things changed for the better until people start dying. It’s gonna happen this year and the agency and the union deserve to get roasted when it does eventually happen.
They gave us 20% OJTI for no reason. Like the logic on that one doesn’t even make sense but we got it.

The merits of NCEPT aside, you don't get to simultaneously argue that staffing is the biggest issue facing the workforce... but you should be able to leave a facility at will.

If you eat your cake, you don't have any goddamn cake

They gave us 20% OJTI for no reason. Like the logic on that one doesn’t even make sense but we got it.
Have you seen the new training app and automated forms? You may rethink it was for nothing. -25's going virtual tales extra time.

Have you seen the new training app and automated forms? You may rethink it was for nothing. -25's going virtual tales extra time.
They already have the right to assign us work. Paying us more to train doesn’t accomplish anything. The training initiative accomplished something. That being said I approve all measures that pay us more

The merits of NCEPT aside, you don't get to simultaneously argue that staffing is the biggest issue facing the workforce... but you should be able to leave a facility at will.

If you eat your cake, you don't have any goddamn cake
Putting people where they want to live is the only thing that will make staffing better in the medium to long term

Rinaldi did the exact same thing during the senate hearings in 2016... but yet here we are

VA gives nurses Saturday pay...they have "weekend pay" at 25%. You can always add to, you just can't take away. So while you are correct, Sunday and night pay is required by law, the FAA like the VA can pay us "Saturday pay" if it's negotiated.

Back
Top Bottom