Ncept is solid program

The NTI certainly accomplished something. See AUS.
The nti has nothing to do with that guy certifying. Only small minded people think that. But if everyone actually did their job and found actual problems with his ability at any point along the way. He wouldn’t have made it. But no, that takes to much work this includes ojti, Supes, oms, training reps and admin.

Trainees getting hours is a good thing. If you can’t work on some things or find where a trainee is lacking even on light traffic, then the training program is fucked and not the mandate that’s actually not a mandate but you decide not to fight that because you are weak willed and so is your Natca training rep.

VA gives nurses Saturday pay...they have "weekend pay" at 25%. You can always add to, you just can't take away. So while you are correct, Sunday and night pay is required by law, the FAA like the VA can pay us "Saturday pay" if it's negotiated.
The public really is gonna support a pay raise right now and it’ll actually support a better service to the public since we are really doing a bang up job right now. Unfortunately when I say “we” managers and controllers are lumped together by the general public who is paying our salary.

Absolutely, however the new training initiative was born before the 20% and I'm just stating the obvious this was the plan, which I too support more $.
They already have the right to assign us work. Paying us more to train doesn’t accomplish anything. The training initiative accomplished something. That being said I approve all measures that pay us moreabs

The nti has nothing to do with that guy certifying. Only small minded people think that. But if everyone actually did their job and found actual problems with his ability at any point along the way. He wouldn’t have made it. But no, that takes to much work this includes ojti, Supes, oms, training reps and admin.

Trainees getting hours is a good thing. If you can’t work on some things or find where a trainee is lacking even on light traffic, then the training program is fucked and not the mandate that’s actually not a mandate but you decide not to fight that because you are weak willed and so is your Natca training rep.
For once I agree with you.

The public really is gonna support a pay raise right now and it’ll actually support a better service to the public since we are really doing a bang up job right now. Unfortunately when I say “we” managers and controllers are lumped together by the general public who is paying our salary.
What about the ones where the whole area states they should not be certified, other people in other areas say they shouldn’t, no one wants to train them, and they still get signed off?

What about the ones where the whole area states they should not be certified, other people in other areas say they shouldn’t, no one wants to train them, and they still get signed off?
that still has nothing to do with the NTI. I said above, "But no, that takes to much work, this includes ojti, Supes, oms, training reps and admin." while i didnt say every person listed has to be a failure to certify someone who shouldnt be, all it takes is one group. in your example its the supe.

my questions to you are, what did his documentation look like? Im not picking on you but i bet its shit and doesn't say much for a large majority of the training history. did anyone recommend Skill development? what happened during that? what were the training team meetings like? did the OJTI fight that their concerns were not heard or documented? where was your area rep, training rep, what did they say?

i bet there are many places along the way where you all failed, most importantly the supe who signed them off. simply saying it around the water cooler is not going to cut it.

Everyone said it but no one wrote it. That's what matters.

As for the NTI. It's done it's job of getting trainees more training. I'm not going to say it's the best thing ever but I know from first hand experience that before the NTI you were lucky to get an hour a day and at some points you would go several days to over a week not training. The NTI goes on the other extreme though and leads to burnout of trainees and trainers imo because you're constantly in position.

Everyone said it but no one wrote it. That's what matters.

As for the NTI. It's done its job of getting trainees more training. I'm not going to say it's the best thing ever but I know from first hand experience that before the NTI you were lucky to get an hour a day and at some points you would go several days to over a week not training. The NTI goes on the other extreme though and leads to burnout of trainees and trainers imo because you're constantly in position.
You just need to train 3-4 hours a day. It’s not a big deal at all. They do need to adjust the top amount of hours for the trainees who aren’t seeing certain things.

You just need to train 3-4 hours a day. It’s not a big deal at all. They do need to adjust the top amount of hours for the trainees who aren’t seeing certain things.
absolutely not. this is such a lazy way to do it. train better and document. they automatically get 20% if the entire team believes they will make it anyway. the main reason NOT to just extend hours is for the people who will gothe full amount, then get extra hours, and SDT, then get recycled the full amount because some idiot didnt do something right along the way. extending is the stupidest reaction to the NTI. people have no creativity.

i cant stress this enough no no no no no no. the NTI isnt a mandate. get their hours, document everything and as the ojti you need to be a main player in making sure the national and local .4 is followed.

absolutely not. this is such a lazy way to do it. train better and document. they automatically get 20% if the entire team believes they will make it anyway. the main reason NOT to just extend hours is for the people who will gothe full amount, then get extra hours, and SDT, then get recycled the full amount because some idiot didnt do something right along the way. extending is the stupidest reaction to the NTI. people have no creativity.

i cant stress this enough no no no no no no. the NTI isnt a mandate. get their hours, document everything and as the ojti you need to be a main player in making sure the national and local .4 is followed.
It’s not lazy. I 100% believe you should train every day wether there is traffic or not. But I can also see that if you have a trainee who isn’t ready cus they haven’t seen any busy traffic that the target number should be raised. I’m not talking about extra hours. I’m talking about looking at the amount of hours you get from the start and seeing if it should be adjusted. To see if the target hours negotiated years and years ago still make sense today

It’s not lazy. I 100% believe you should train every day wether there is traffic or not. But I can also see that if you have a trainee who isn’t ready cus they haven’t seen any busy traffic that the target number should be raised. I’m not talking about extra hours. I’m talking about looking at the amount of hours you get from the start and seeing if it should be adjusted. To see if the target hours negotiated years and years ago still make sense today
There are facilities where you will train on one in one out of the airspace at best and most likely no hitters for a good duration of the year. The training initiative on a whole picture appears to do a decent job at not creating a purgatory but it is detrimental to seasonal traffic facilities. I am all for reducing training times because it is rather ridiculous how it can get dragged on for unnecessary lengths, but the mandatory for all 3 hours is ludicrous.

There are facilities where you will train on one in one out of the airspace at best and most likely no hitters for a good duration of the year. The training initiative on a whole picture appears to do a decent job at not creating a purgatory but it is detrimental to seasonal traffic facilities. I am all for reducing training times because it is rather ridiculous how it can get dragged on for unnecessary lengths, but the mandatory for all 3 hours is ludicrous.
That’s why I said to adjust the amount of hours you get. I personally think it should just be timed based. Or just evaluation based. Even if you aren’t doing shit the 1 plane can wind up being an emergency and be a very positive portion of your training

I know mandatory is how many facilities act but that’s not how it’s supposed to work. You training rep is supposed to know that and fight it

Thankfully supervisor ad1234 has the insight
What did I say that bothered you?

Hate to break it to you but this is already happening

it’s not a mandate 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not a mandate lol but at our facility if a trainee takes bid time off they are forced to "make up" the hours they missed even though trainee takes full day of leave is an actual impediment. Also management here removed several impediments from the tracking sheet....

Back
Top Bottom