New mid rules

Did you do a "Leave Britney Alone" joke that they thought was the name of the Vegas controller (which it's not), and then they edited it out? Bahahah

Just a first name lol. I thought about a leave Britney alone meme but couldn't think of anything clever enough other than the name ???

Did you all get the memo on Friday about people fucking up on the mid again? Our facility used this to enforce a maximum 2 hour fatigue mitigation rule for us now.

Did you all get the memo on Friday about people fucking up on the mid again? Our facility used this to enforce a maximum 2 hour fatigue mitigation rule for us now.
How is shortening fatigue mitigation going to help with fatigued Controllers falling asleep lol

Does anyone else think working a double to end your week would be better than the rotating backwards bullshit?

If regs allowed, I would 100% rather work four 1500 shifts where the last rolled into the mid and was just a double shift so you're basically at work 16 hours. I guarantee that would be a better scenario respective to fatigue than doing a 1600 1500 1300 0600 mid, prove me wrong.

Our ATM started popping into the tower around 430/5..
Start calling the ATM on their cell from 8pm to 4am with every outage, you know, to keep them in the loop as a good cic would.

Bathroom light burns out... Telephone call.
Landline acts up.... Tele call that you reported it to POCC or AOCC or whatever your OCC is.
Get my point.

Hell if you're really feeling froggy get drunk on your weekend and call for a sober drive home. At least you were trying to do the right thing...

Does anyone else think working a double to end your week would be better than the rotating backwards bullshit?

If regs allowed, I would 100% rather work four 1500 shifts where the last rolled into the mid and was just a double shift so you're basically at work 16 hours. I guarantee that would be a better scenario respective to fatigue than doing a 1600 1500 1300 0600 mid, prove me wrong.
I agree

Start calling the ATM on their cell from 8pm to 4am with every outage, you know, to keep them in the loop as a good cic would.

Bathroom light burns out... Telephone call.
Landline acts up.... Tele call that you reported it to POCC or AOCC or whatever your OCC is.
Get my point.

Hell if you're really feeling froggy get drunk on your weekend and call for a sober drive home. At least you were trying to do the right thing...
Reminds me of the military

This would be my dream schedule. And yes it makes a lot of sense. I don’t know why we can’t do that. I mean I know why.... just saying

Id rather start on a mid. Breaks up your weekend but if you aren’t a drinker party person it would be nice. Mid on Monday. Don’t work Tuesday until 1500. Then 1300, 0700, 0600.

Id rather start on a mid. Breaks up your weekend but if you aren’t a drinker party person it would be nice. Mid on Monday. Don’t work Tuesday until 1500. Then 1300, 0700, 0600.
Sounds good, looks good but until someone tries it I'm skeptical.

Friday off, Saturday off. Wake up Sunday trying to transition to a grave shift (up all day) then have to go in at 10pm or 11pm and stay up for the duration of your mid shift? Sounds like it would be more fatiguing.

Im not for or against it just playing devils advocate. It's almost like you would lose your Saturday just trying to transition into your Sunday mid.

Friday off, Saturday off. Wake up Sunday trying to transition to a grave shift (up all day) then have to go in at 10pm or 11pm and stay up for the duration of your mid shift? Sounds like it would be more fatiguing.

Im not for or against it just playing devils advocate. It's almost like you would lose your Saturday just trying to transition into your Sunday mid.

Except it's even worse than that cuz you'd have to go in Saturday night if your RDOs were Fri/sat

No matter which way its put, it sucks. We are basically paid to suck it up until someone comes up with a bright Idea that fixes it all. Me personally i would rather rotate by weeks! That way i get sufficient time in between shifts to be normal just like anyone else, as well as that mid to upper level office executive that has plenty of time to enjoy his Porsche, wife, kids, and side piece!

I’d rather die
No matter which way its put, it sucks. We are basically paid to suck it up until someone comes up with a bright Idea that fixes it all. Me personally i would rather rotate by weeks! That way i get sufficient time in between shifts to be normal just like anyone else, as well as that mid to upper level office executive that has plenty of time to enjoy his Porsche, wife, kids, and side piece!

True and true.

Im currently at a facility that use to do a week of each shift. Now we are in the rattler with rotating rdo's and I'm happy. Currently Fri - Sat til March then I rotate back to Thursday Fridays.

I'm guessing this is about as good as it's going to get. ??‍♂️

True and true.

Im currently at a facility that use to do a week of each shift. Now we are in the rattler with rotating rdo's and I'm happy. Currently Fri - Sat til March then I rotate back to Thursday Fridays.

I'm guessing this is about as good as it's going to get. ??‍♂️
Enjoy brother!

I haven’t had the schedule consistently but I have worked a few credit/OT mids right in front of my Monday swings and it never felt like it really broke up my weekend.

I generally don’t need to sleep before a mid, but I also don’t have kids that would stop me from sleeping after one. If you need a 5 hour nap or hate life because you can’t get sloshed it wouldn’t be for you lol. One perk for the six day work week folks, it would limit your availability on your second RD to work OT, since you have to be back for the mid.

Back
Top Bottom