OT In Conjunction With PTL

atc12bsthrowaway

FAA
Facility
SCT SoCal Tracon
Hi all, I work at a 12 tracon and my area has lower staffing than the rest of the building. This has resulted in many different interpretations of the contract to management. One of them, is somehow we get OT assigned the day before or after our PTL. Is this normal practice anywhere else? Does the definition of 5 days of PTL being 7 consecutive days not actually mean anything to protect you from this? Thanks

Solution
A week of prime time is defined as 7 days in the CBA. That’s an easy case. The day before that week and the day after that week they can schedule, but during your prime time bid leave they should not be scheduling overtime.

Any other week of leave bid, or just single days next to your weekend, that isn’t during the prime time period you can’t do anything about.
Many facilities put this in their MOu to define when and when they cannot schedule OT.
Hi all, I work at a 12 tracon and my area has lower staffing than the rest of the building. This has resulted in many different interpretations of the contract to management. One of them, is somehow we get OT assigned the day before or after our PTL. Is this normal practice anywhere else? Does the definition of 5 days of PTL being 7 consecutive days not actually mean anything to protect you from this? Thanks
It all depends on what your local MOU says, ours protects us from OT in conjunction with PTL. All sources/efforts must be exhausted prior to scheduling OT in conjunction with PTL.

Hmmm well our mou mirrors the contract.
but I heard about some back door agreement with management. I’ll probably just always bang if they schedule in conjunction with any week of leave. Not a good solution but sounds like it’s the only one.

Hmmm well our mou mirrors the contract.
but I heard about some back door agreement with management. I’ll probably just always bang if they schedule in conjunction with any week of leave. Not a good solution but sounds like it’s the only one.
Yeah people can’t make plans 6 months in advance, and exclude their RDOs due to fear of being scheduled. This isn’t the military.

A week of prime time is defined as 7 days in the CBA. That’s an easy case. The day before that week and the day after that week they can schedule, but during your prime time bid leave they should not be scheduling overtime.

Any other week of leave bid, or just single days next to your weekend, that isn’t during the prime time period you can’t do anything about.
Many facilities put this in their MOu to define when and when they cannot schedule OT.

Solution
Why not just do a better job training? If you had more controllers it wouldn't be an issue.

But really, if one employee at any job taking sick leave on an overtime causes issues-the employer has failed to plan appropriately.

Now the causes and issues aside 7 days is what contract says. I don't know when it would be though

(ot)(5al)(2rdo)
(ot)(rdo)(5al)(rdo)(ot)

I don't think specific examples are listed but I'll look it up later

Why not just do a better job training? If you had more controllers it wouldn't be an issue.

But really, if one employee at any job taking sick leave on an overtime causes issues-the employer has failed to plan appropriately.

Now the causes and issues aside 7 days is what contract says. I don't know when it would be though

(ot)(5al)(2rdo)
(ot)(rdo)(5al)(rdo)(ot)

I don't think specific examples are listed but I'll look it up later
Trust me I totally agree with this. I recently finished up training and will love to try to make a difference in the training department of getting people signed off in my area once I’m eligible. My schedule is
RDO​
OT​
5PTL​
RDO​
OT​

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom