Paid Parental Leave

ChrisDaGr8

So on the topic of Paid Parental Leave... Is it more beneficial to use all 12 weeks at once or to break it up into the 480 hours?

If you break it up over time, can they deny or cancel certain days or segments you put in for?

Spaceforce

Forum Sage
So on the topic of Paid Parental Leave... Is it more beneficial to use all 12 weeks at once or to break it up into the 480 hours?

If you break it up over time, can they deny or cancel certain days or segments you put in for?
Whatever works for you best to be beneficial. I broke mine up. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 3 days, 1 week. 1 month. Give or take.

There’s an entire MOU for these questions.

Attachments

• NATCA-Paid-Parental-Leave-MOU-Final-Signed-Sep-2020.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 60

DankVectorz

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
N90 New York Tracon

Which is more beneficial will be entirely up to the individual. I broke mine up. I’m in the shortest staffed area of the shortest staffed building afaik and haven’t had any denied. Ymmv.

Julio19

Lurker
Management says that since I used my 480 hours of PPL that I can no longer invoke FMLA to use AL. I have 4 months remaining on my FMLA letter. My child will have surgery and I didn’t want to use my entire SL balance. Other people didn’t have the same issue here in the past. Our front office are morons (like most facilities).

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Electricfence

Trusted Contributor
Management says that since I used my 480 hours of PPL that I can no longer invoke FMLA to use AL. I have 4 months remaining on my FMLA letter. My child will have surgery and I didn’t want to use my entire SL balance. Other people didn’t have the same issue here in the past. Our front office are morons (like most facilities).

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
1. They cannot dictate what type of leave you want to use if you have an open fmla approval. You can use whatever leave you request. That I am 100 percent in.
2. Fmla allows for only 480 hours, but you already knew that. But you do have to find out if the 480 hour cap also includes ppl and fmla. Or if they are separate. I know they are separate laws or set of rules, but don’t not know if either one of them dictates usage based on the other. That’s what you are looking for

Top Bottom