Paid Parental Leave

also, PPL and FMLA are different. while there are many things similar they are not. you are not required to submit FMLA paperwork to get PPL

This is untrue as well, PPL is a replacement for LWOP under FMLA you have to envoke FMLA to get PPL. Read the MOU and HRPMs it makes this point very clear

Has anyone taken PPL over a span that includes holidays? I'm hearing some facilities reference the HR document that just says "12 workweeks" and so the holidays are included in a given "work week" and there won't be additional time. However, some facilities say the holiday doesn't count and then you would be able to use the extra day tacked on the end since you can't be charged leave on a holiday. Anyone with experience with this?

This is untrue as well, PPL is a replacement for LWOP under FMLA you have to envoke FMLA to get PPL. Read the MOU and HRPMs it makes this point very clear

Do I need to complete and submit a Department of Labor (DOL) FMLA Form when requesting PPL?​

No, you will not complete and submit a DOL FMLA Form. You will only complete and submit the FAA Paid Parental Leave Request Form or the NATCA Paid Parental Leave Request Form (for NATCA Bargaining Unit Employees only).

Do I need to complete and submit a Department of Labor (DOL) FMLA Form when requesting PPL?​

No, you will not complete and submit a DOL FMLA Form. You will only complete and submit the FAA Paid Parental Leave Request Form or the NATCA Paid Parental Leave Request Form (for NATCA Bargaining Unit Employees only).
Lmao every facility must be doing this differently. Mine had me fill out that FMLA form and get it certified.

Has anyone taken PPL over a span that includes holidays? I'm hearing some facilities reference the HR document that just says "12 workweeks" and so the holidays are included in a given "work week" and there won't be additional time. However, some facilities say the holiday doesn't count and then you would be able to use the extra day tacked on the end since you can't be charged leave on a holiday. Anyone with experience with this?
Me. Holidays don’t count, which I didn’t know at the time I took it, so I ended up with a few extra days later on that I was able to use towards the end of the 12 month time period.

Me. Holidays don’t count, which I didn’t know at the time I took it, so I ended up with a few extra days later on that I was able to use towards the end of the 12 month time period.
People turn in some days and come in and get currency where I work too. So that’s extends it also

How far in advanced should I be letting management know I plan to use ppl?

I told them the day my daughter was born that I’m on ppl for the next 3 weeks. It didn’t come as a huge surprise though cause they knew my wife was expecting around that time. Then just submitted what dates I knew I was using it and other days just called to say to put me down for ppl.

I put mine in about a week in advance so they have a chance to adjust as needed. I once was scheduled overtime to cover another guys ppl just 2 days out. So it's all up to you. They can't deny it.

12 weeks of leave is temporary. A kid is forever. I’ll stick with my child free life.

I told them the day my daughter was born that I’m on ppl for the next 3 weeks. It didn’t come as a huge surprise though cause they knew my wife was expecting around that time. Then just submitted what dates I knew I was using it and other days just called to say to put me down for ppl.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

You can also work OT during PPL. It’s a hilarious way to keep current
My ATM said I had to take the 12 weeks straight, and that I wasn’t allowed to come in to stay current. I asked why, and he said 12 weeks straight is the correct way PPL is supposed to be utilized. That the FAA was cracking down on facilities allowing people to break up their PPL.

My ATM said I had to take the 12 weeks straight, and that I wasn’t allowed to come in to stay current. I asked why, and he said 12 weeks straight is the correct way PPL is supposed to be utilized. That the FAA was cracking down on facilities allowing people to break up their PPL.
Now that I’m reading the MOU, I see where I could’ve used PPL intermittently. Meaning, I could’ve gone in every Sunday if I wanted. Someone correct me on this if I’m reading it wrong, otherwise my manager just robbed me of money and proficiency time. Why didn’t I read the MOU prior to taking leave? Thought I could trust management to tell me the correct information while I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off cuz my wife is going into labor 4 weeks early.

Now that I’m reading the MOU, I see where I could’ve used PPL intermittently. Meaning, I could’ve gone in every Sunday if I wanted. Someone correct me on this if I’m reading it wrong, otherwise my manager just robbed me of money and proficiency time. Why didn’t I read the MOU prior to taking leave? Thought I could trust management to tell me the correct information while I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off cuz my wife is going into labor 4 weeks early.
Your management was wrong. Intermittent is 100% allowed under PPL and FMLA

Back
Top Bottom