Projected inbounds

Move78

⭐SuperStar
Does anyone know how far ahead of the academy class graduation date they populate the terminal placement list with 'reserved for academy graduate'? It's my understanding a class of 18 will generate a list of 36 slots and then the list is redone on the day of the finals with the number of actual graduates x2. So if 5 pass the real list will be 10. And the top 33% of slots are mandatory selections. What I am looking for is a standard or an exact timetable of the list being posted onto the 'terminal placement list'

Does anyone know how far ahead of the academy class graduation date they populate the terminal placement list with 'reserved for academy graduate'? It's my understanding a class of 18 will generate a list of 36 slots and then the list is redone on the day of the finals with the number of actual graduates x2. So if 5 pass the real list will be 10. And the top 33% of slots are mandatory selections. What I am looking for is a standard or an exact timetable of the list being posted onto the 'terminal placement list'
I think as reported in another thread 7 people passed the last class. I'm pretty sure there are 14 slots from one class shown on the list so I'm assuming that is the class. I could be wrong though.

I think as reported in another thread 7 people passed the last class. I'm pretty sure there are 14 slots from one class shown on the list so I'm assuming that is the class. I could be wrong though.
Yeah that's from the last class. That's not what I'm asking though. I'll rephrase.
Before the day of the finals there was a list of facilities on the 'terminal placement list' with 'reserved for academy graduate' slots that was the total number of candidates in the class x2. What I'm asking is when was that list generated? And is there a standard for that timetable?

Yeah that's from the last class. That's not what I'm asking though. I'll rephrase.
Before the day of the finals there was a list of facilities on the 'terminal placement list' with 'reserved for academy graduate' slots that was the total number of candidates in the class x2. What I'm asking is when was that list generated? And is there a standard for that timetable?
Anyone with a actual experience feel free to shout, from what I've seen it's ~1 week prior to the final eval.

Anyone with a actual experience feel free to shout, from what I've seen it's ~1 week prior to the final eval.

They give you your list the week before you start your evals, so it would make sense that whatever update MJ is pulling will show what is reserved for them since that class just finished this week and wouldn't have been placed until yesterday or Monday.

He was asking because facilities get assigned a projected inbound at some point, which is important for allowing someone to transfer. That point is 60 days for terminal and 90 for en route.

About a week before the PAs, the final list is generated. 3 mandatory slots, and 2 slots for every person in the class. Final PA day, the list is updated to remove slots for people that didn't make it. If 4 failed, the bottom 8 slots should be removed.
I'm not sure how the mandatory slots get removed, a couple classes ago 4 made it with one electing to go to Alaska. Instead of 3 mandatory, there was only 1 mandatory.

# of ATCS's inbound over the next 2 years per Stafffing Workbook
So does that count a hired prev exp?
SWB guy from KSN said that offer accepted by prev exp won't count until the EOD. Now there's just no way that can be true. But I'm looking for confirmation.

That's a placement list inbound!
Are you guys positive about that? The FAQ lists the examples of placement list inbound and TOL prev exp isn't on it. And also Im worried now because of what the SWB guy told my ATM. Id think that you're correct though cuz of course it counting as a placement list inbound is how it should be. Or committed inbound it don't matter they count the same for the formula. I know you get no value anywhere for just being on the list 'reserved for prev exp' but yeah you absolutely should get value for an issued TOL.

Sorry I probably phrased it poorly up there. Once the prior exp new hires are given their facility and sign the document that contains 3 start date options, they're counted as a committed inbound. They won't receive their FOL until about ~30-45 days out.

Sorry I probably phrased it poorly up there. Once the prior exp new hires are given their facility and sign the document that contains 3 start date options, they're counted as a committed inbound. They won't receive their FOL until about ~30-45 days out.
Thank you for clarifying. I also checked the numbers and it looks correct. But I can't find any scenario where prev exp go into the placement list inbound column like @MJ said. It don't matter cuz they count the same.
So my next question is how does the PPT get populated in regards to columns that are not SWB entries and column that are not formula based? Meaning how does the TOL prev exp get logged into the PPT. Or is it attached to some other tool and automatic? Or for example when they populated the 'reserved for academy grad' list on the terminal placement list do those slots automatically generate a 'placement list inbound' value on the PPT or is there a person that has to do that manually?

Also, How do you know this information?
And is the ATM the only person who puts data into SWB or are there HR entries as well?

Last edited:
Also, How do you know this information?
And is the ATM the only person who puts data into SWB or are there HR entries as well?
Months of analyzing and seeing it first-hand at my facility. As far as the SWB is concerned, your ATM is primarily responsible for updating when a trainee certifies. Committed inbounds/outbounds are an HR function. Both update when a start date is established. If you look at the committed outbounds from the late March PPT and the April PPT, only around half of the people selected on the March NCEPT were included as committed outbounds on the late March PPT because until you have a start date, you aren't included. Once a date is established, you're included, whether it's ERR, Nest, prior experience, academy grad, etc.

Months of analyzing and seeing it first-hand at my facility. As far as the SWB is concerned, your ATM is primarily responsible for updating when a trainee certifies. Committed inbounds/outbounds are an HR function. Both update when a start date is established. If you look at the committed outbounds from the late March PPT and the April PPT, only around half of the people selected on the March NCEPT were included as committed outbounds on the late March PPT because until you have a start date, you aren't included. Once a date is established, you're included, whether it's ERR, Nest, prior experience, academy grad, etc.
Great info. We just got 2 prev exp hires this week assigned EODs so we should have 2 committed inbounds when they run the PPT on Wednesday I hope.

Back
Top Bottom