RTF

I just got word today, I am in the Feb 9th class.. hopefully this doesn’t drop out like the last 2!!

I just got word today, I am in the Feb 9th class.. hopefully this doesn’t drop out like the last 2!!
What region are you in? I’m wondering what determines which location you go to? I’m guessing they just send you to the closest location? I’m on the west coast and hoping to get OKC instead of Kansas or New Hampshire.

What region are you in? I’m wondering what determines which location you go to? I’m guessing they just send you to the closest location? I’m on the west coast and hoping to get OKC instead of Kansas or New Hampshire.
I am at Eugene OR, North West region.
and now I am hearing it’s going to a working group to see if I can go on Monday. Seems like they have no clue of what students are going on what dates.

I’m at the academy and it sounds like the RTF instructors are fighting against the multi region RTF thing because they don’t want to have to live somewhere else during the training

The other day i got word, i will be in the TSEW class for Feb 24th. Anyone else will be in the class?

Apparently it’s optional to go to RTF right now due to COVID. The manager had to ask if I wanted to go first, before they can assign a class. Now we’re waiting on a date.

I’m at the academy and it sounds like the RTF instructors are fighting against the multi region RTF thing because they don’t want to have to live somewhere else during the training
I heard opposite — that they will have no problem filling those positions because they want to be able to go and travel and get the Perdiem, etc. Kind of like in the FAA some people hate to travel and some people chomping at the bit to do it, same here and they’re all retired controllers they are going to have either seniority-based or internal competitive bid to fill those positions but they won’t have any problem getting people to do it.

I heard opposite — that they will have no problem filling those positions because they want to be able to go and travel and get the Perdiem, etc. Kind of like in the FAA some people hate to travel and some people chomping at the bit to do it, same here and they’re all retired controllers they are going to have either seniority-based or internal competitive bid to fill those positions but they won’t have any problem getting people to do it.
That’s what my instructor said when we were talking about how backlogged RTF is and how it’s gonnna delay our CPC because 6/8 of us went to an up/down lol. He said the company the instructors work for pays shit per diem and they didn’t want to go because of that

I’ll be attending the RTF class scheduled for next week Feb 17th. How many days is RTF exactly? Also are we entitled to a rent a car while TDY?
Looking at the contract Article 96: Temporary Duty Travel it sounds like I’d be eligible for one. Just wondering if anyone else got rent a cars if they won’t be taking their POV.

Back
Top Bottom