Security Clearance Information

I'll be an interesting test subject i will report back either way. No debt tons of savings and lucrative career lots of money in the bank. 29 years old i'm a senior financial analyst. DUI on record. Diagnosed with depression 2 years ago during a breakup. Spent time bouncing group home to group home growing up and i don't know how that factors into things. The whole process is fascinating and i must admit i'm hoping for this more than i should, i know this is the part where I may not make it. If i can get to the academy i won't mess it up.
I don't know your story but I imagine if you are still taking anything for deoress
So my one potential concern out of all of this is I was at a prior job for about 3 months but was not brought on after the probationary period because they said "I wasn't reliable enough". I had a final exam time rescheduled which caused me to miss a day then I got food poisoning a few days later and apparently those two things made me unreliable. Every other job I've had I can have people vouch that I am 100% reliable so it shouldn't be too much of a snag right? Just be honest about it up front and answer any questions?
I wouldn't worry about the job stuff man. I would be more worried of I was the guy who has depression in the last two years and a history of DUI. You will be fine.

I don't know your story but I imagine if you are still taking anything for deoress

I wouldn't worry about the job stuff man. I would be more worried of I was the guy who has depression in the last two years and a history of DUI. You will be fine.

I'm not too worried and for that one person/job saying I was unreliable for ridiculous reasons I can have multiple people say the exact opposite. I'll mention it on my Sf86 or wherever it asks for it and explain if necessary. Just wouldn't want something so dumb to hold me back.

Hey y’all, quick question. I’m jut finished completeing the EODS forms. It asked if I signed up for the selective service in the past. I recal doing so as it is automatically done when you get or renew a drivers license in NC. I then went to the SSS website to make sure, typed in social DOB and last name, lo and behold it said there is no record of me registering! How is that possible? It’s required to get the job. Just really bummed out, any insight? Thanks

you'll have to use that same website to see if you can register late, my quick google search seems to show that its difficult if you're past the age of 26 but not impossible, i dont know your age just thought i'd include that

you'll have to use that same website to see if you can register late, my quick google search seems to show that its difficult if you're past the age of 26 but not impossible, i dont know your age just thought i'd include that

28 . I found one individual on stuckM with that same sitch, he ended up going to the academy somehow. Guess time will tell. Thanks

28 . I found one individual on stuckM with that same sitch, he ended up going to the academy somehow. Guess time will tell. Thanks
My understanding is that you only have to be registered by the time you're 26 I believe. I never registered when I turned 18 but went straight into the military after graduating high school. Apparently joining the military doesn't count for selective service, who would've thunk it.

I have family members born in the UK and Ireland. Have to give their citizenship number etc. will this automatically be cause for an interview?

My understanding is that you only have to be registered by the time you're 26 I believe. I never registered when I turned 18 but went straight into the military after graduating high school. Apparently joining the military doesn't count for selective service, who would've thunk it.

When I enlisted the recruiters registered for me. Perhaps you too? Fortunately my old SF-86 that I did on paper was digitized in the e-QIP system and I was able to get the number and such, because I had forgotten all about that.

I'll be an interesting test subject i will report back either way. No debt tons of savings and lucrative career lots of money in the bank. 29 years old i'm a senior financial analyst. DUI on record. Diagnosed with depression 2 years ago during a breakup. Spent time bouncing group home to group home growing up and i don't know how that factors into things. The whole process is fascinating and i must admit i'm hoping for this more than i should, i know this is the part where I may not make it. If i can get to the academy i won't mess it up.

Did you take any meds for the depression during that time period? I would get a note from that doctor stating the period of depression you reported was transient and related to the breakup. Chronic depression and the use of certain meds is disqualifying, but there are now exemptions in the rules that allow pilots to get cleared, idk what the rules are for ATC. The DUI is also going to be an issue on your medical exam as well as your security clearance. My recommendation to you is to contact your chosen medical examiner and disclose these things to him ahead of time before the appointment, and ask what he will need from you records wise in order to clear you. Otherwise he most likely will pull up your MedXPress and send you back home to get documentation.

Did you take any meds for the depression during that time period? I would get a note from that doctor stating the period of depression you reported was transient and related to the breakup. Chronic depression and the use of certain meds is disqualifying, but there are now exemptions in the rules that allow pilots to get cleared, idk what the rules are for ATC. The DUI is also going to be an issue on your medical exam as well as your security clearance. My recommendation to you is to contact your chosen medical examiner and disclose these things to him ahead of time before the appointment, and ask what he will need from you records wise in order to clear you. Otherwise he most likely will pull up your MedXPress and send you back home to get documentation.
Is a DUI an automatic disqualifyer? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Is a DUI an automatic disqualifyer? Asking for a friend.

Short answer is no, but your experience will vary depending on what BAC your friend blew at the scene. They may want court documents, they may want you to see a professional to determine whether you have a problem with alcohol, etc. Your AME will have all the details for you. It is wise to contact the AME before your appointment to discuss beforehand or your medical will get put into deferred status. The easier and faster way is to have all the stuff you need before submitting the first time.

Is a cousin in Ireland who occasionally contacts me on Facebook considered a foreign contact? We’re not really “bound by affection” but occasionally like each other photos... list it to be safe? How do they find this stuff out

Is a cousin in Ireland who occasionally contacts me on Facebook considered a foreign contact? We’re not really “bound by affection” but occasionally like each other photos... list it to be safe? How do they find this stuff out
No, they are looking for continuous contact. I don’t think that qualifies.

I would hope you're not "bound by affection" with any of your cousins. You don't live in Mississippi or something do you?

For places you have lived, what would you put for college dorms?
The mailing address that you used to get things delivered to you. And then someone that also lived in the dorm is what I used for the reference. My friend said he ended up with like 4 letters to fill out....one for each time period that I used him as a reference.

Back
Top Bottom