Security Clearance Information

I was reading somewhere, I think a DOD handbook saying that if it falls under "experimental" usage it was ok as long as it was over 6 months. Their definition was anything less than 6 occurrences I believe which I would fall under.

Different agencies have different requirements, I would guess the FAA security people have a similar viewpoint but I don't know. The bigger problem is that any use within the past two years can be disqualifying for your medical exam. I've heard that the flight surgeon has access to your SF-86 and vice versa, but I don't have any concrete knowledge.

On the sample of the eQuip I've seen, it asks for selective service number. I don't know mine and when I click the link to go to the selective service website it is down. Should i just check "I don't know" ?

On the sample of the eQuip I've seen, it asks for selective service number. I don't know mine and when I click the link to go to the selective service website it is down. Should i just check "I don't know" ?
Additional question. It asks for 10 years of employment history, however, there are only 4 entries allowed and I have had more than 4 jobs in the past 10 years. What is the protocol there?

My brother recently married a Jamaican woman and she has not received her citizenship yet. Am I required to list her on the form under the foreign contacts section? They live here in the US.

My brother recently married a Jamaican woman and she has not received her citizenship yet. Am I required to list her on the form under the foreign contacts section? They live here in the US.
Always better to list any and everything on the side of caution. Even if they dont care it shows that you're not hiding anything.

do you have a paper trail of the marijuana usage? If not, I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who overheard a phone call that said you don't need to disclose.....
But of course, if you post on a public internet forum admitting that you’ve done something, and then intentionally lie about it on an SF86, and somebody somehow connects the dots down the road, that is not going to end well for the that person. At all.

But of course, if you post on a public internet forum admitting that you’ve done something, and then intentionally lie about it on an SF86, and somebody somehow connects the dots down the road, that is not going to end well for the that person. At all.
That is also very true....which is why I usually just ask questions on behalf of a friend of mine.

It doesnt matter anyway the guy/girls not getting the job anyway if its disclosed.

Additional question. It asks for 10 years of employment history, however, there are only 4 entries allowed and I have had more than 4 jobs in the past 10 years. What is the protocol there?
On the actual online e-QUIP, you can add as many as you want. Same for addresses and schools, etc.

On the section where it ask about your education it says not to list education before your 18th birthday. I graduated high school after I turned 18 so do I still need to list it?

I guess nobody has answers for my first ^^ question so I'll ask this one. Do you have to take a polygraph as part of the background investigation?

On the section where it ask about your education it says not to list education before your 18th birthday. I graduated high school after I turned 18 so do I still need to list it?
They want to know about all the diplomas/degrees you have received no matter if it's before or after your 18th.

Does anyone have experience getting security clearance with a spouse who was born in a foreign country (and therefore a citizen) but has permanent residence in the US? Just submitted my e-Qip and did my best to disclose all foreign connections and what not but I think it is an impossible task to disclose everything that may be of concern. I am sure I'll be interviewed and likely have to go through a full investigation and have done quite a bit of research on the topic but I am looking to hear anyone's experience or tips.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this! I have a question regarding foreign contacts. I have had continuous contact with foreign individuals over the last seven years. However, all of that contact ended in 2017. I am no longer in contact with any of those individuals and have no ties of affection, obligation, etc. to them. Should I list those individuals on this form?

Thank you for posting this! I have a question regarding foreign contacts. I have had continuous contact with foreign individuals over the last seven years. However, all of that contact ended in 2017. I am no longer in contact with any of those individuals and have no ties of affection, obligation, etc. to them. Should I list those individuals on this form?
So I received conditional clearance and I would recommend disclose and explain in an optional comment what the nature of the relationship is or was as best you can. My situation was probably a lot more concerning than yours and I was able to receive conditional clearance so I think you should be fine. That being said every case is different.

So I received conditional clearance and I would recommend disclose and explain in an optional comment what the nature of the relationship is or was as best you can. My situation was probably a lot more concerning than yours and I was able to receive conditional clearance so I think you should be fine. That being said every case is different.
Thank you! I'm just curious, what was your situation? Would you be willing to share additional details? My two contacts are my boss and program coordinator from when I was volunteering in Israel for 10 months.

Back
Top Bottom