Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why spend money to kick them out when we can earn money by making them pay taxes, especially more taxes than you and I? A set date needs to be established for an amnesty period to prevent this going forward, of course, but it’s a win-win compromise in my eyes. Both sides get something they want, but not everything.
Imagine you rent a room in your home. You accept applications (vetting process) to find a person who could be a right fit in your home with your family. That person pays an application fee, maybe a background check, etc.
Then your wife says “omg this poor illegal, we have to help that person, I feel so bad” and just let’s that person move in without consulting you.
The following happens:
-No vetting process
-No application fee
-Skips the line for those who applied
-You’ll be getting a check from the government

Would you feel safe for your children not knowing who this person is?

When I said they should be backtaxed and taxed going forward for a certain time period more than legal immigrants/citizens.

Background checks could be a part of the amnesty program.

What?

They would get a SSN as part of the amnesty program.

Exactly, thus the penalty leveed on the ones who came in illegally.

I think higher taxation of a group that leads to more tax money going around is a good thing, you don’t…?

Sounds like a process that needs to be improved to benefit all parties involved.

That’s why I don’t approve of “just give them citizenship,” it’s more “agree to this process of being penalized for committing a crime to stay or get deported.”
Edited

When I said they should be backtaxed and taxed going forward for a certain time period more than legal immigrants/citizens.

Background checks could be a part of the amnesty program.

What?

They would get a SSN as part of the amnesty program.

Exactly, thus the penalty leveed on the ones who came in illegally.

I think higher taxation of a group that leads to more tax money going around is a good thing, you don’t…?

Sounds like a process that needs to be improved to benefit all parties involved.

That’s why I don’t approve of “just give them citizenship,” it’s more “agree to this process of being penalized for committing a crime to stay or get deported.”
No, higher taxation leading to more tax money going around is NOT a good thing. Look what happened in CA with PPP loans during COVID (“stolen”under government’s nose). And other cases, yet CA looks like a dump. I believe they mismanage everything even tho they made a 70 BILLION surplus last year, yet home prices are high as heck, and TONS of homeless. Tax the illegals more than the average tax payer would be unfair, and a ploy to steal/mismanage that money.
Yes, we agree on not “just give them citizenship”
- applying for citizenship is also a long and costly process to get naturalized.

Why spend money to kick them out when we can earn money by making them pay taxes, especially more taxes than you and I? A set date needs to be established for an amnesty period to prevent this going forward, of course, but it’s a win-win compromise in my eyes. Both sides get something they want, but not everything.
Indentured servitude? Nice…

I’m a conservative.

That’s the dumbest immigration idea I’ve ever heard.
You’re literally proposing indentured servitude.

Does anyone know anyone they work with that they are confident will quit/retire rather than get the shot? I work in a tower with like 20 people and there’s one person I think could quit but I’m not sure they will.

I won’t quit I’ll just wait till they fire me or whatever their plan is.

I don’t like all of your guys’ political agenda posts. Kind of trash. Can we get back to FAA topics and trashing the union and individuals please….
Who thinks inflation will keep going up and an economy collapse, eventually? China just shit the bed

If the Biden Administration (Or any for that matter) wanted to stop illegal immigration they could. All they would have to do is spend about a 1/10th of the effort they are spending trying to convince people to take the death shot and the border would be closed!

I heard itll be a iterative process. Warning, beach, then removal. Best of luck to you if you go through with it.
Thanks I’ll let you know what happens. I’ve already made up my mind. We only have one body/life but plenty of job opportunities and that’s just the choices I’ve made. Even though this was my dream job, financially I’ll be fine and not worried about it.

Thanks I’ll let you know what happens. I’ve already made up my mind. We only have one body/life but plenty of job opportunities and that’s just the choices I’ve made. Even though this was my dream job, financially I’ll be fine and not worried about it.
The irony

Imagine you rent a room in your home. You accept applications (vetting process) to find a person who could be a right fit in your home with your family. That person pays an application fee, maybe a background check, etc.
Then your wife says “omg this poor illegal, we have to help that person, I feel so bad” and just let’s that person move in without consulting you.
The following happens:
-No vetting process
-No application fee
-Skips the line for those who applied
-You’ll be getting a check from the government

Would you feel safe for your children not knowing who this person is?

That’s about the worst analogy to what I’m talking about ever, I don’t even know where you went with it ?

Edited

No, higher taxation leading to more tax money going around is NOT a good thing. Look what happened in CA with PPP loans during COVID (“stolen”under government’s nose). And other cases, yet CA looks like a dump. I believe they mismanage everything even tho they made a 70 BILLION surplus last year, yet home prices are high as heck, and TONS of homeless.

Good thing this wouldn’t be a CA-run program then, although I don’t trust the fed much either.

Tax the illegals more than the average tax payer would be unfair, and a ploy to steal/mismanage that money.

It’s not unfair. They would be admitting guilt to a crime by applying to the program, and their sentence for said crime would be equivalent to garnished wages, which is literally a thing for many different scenarios right now. Do you and the silly folks who equate this to “indentured servitude” think that my paying a fine for running a red light is indentured servitude? ? Literally the same thing is being proposed here.

I’d love to see a defendant who trashed an apartment and is taken to small claims court for damages make the defense that having their wages garnished is indentured servitude. That’s such a weird take.

What you think I’m gonna defend a homsar take?

You’re always wrong, so I would never expect you to. ❤️

How about the USA just Annexes these countries, keep those people there and move in a run the country? Why let them continue to come here when here could be there. Russia Anexxed Crimea without any protest at all when Obama was in power. We can now get into Country Flipping instead of Nation Building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom