Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been plenty of times when science has been wrong. It’s not that I don’t believe in science, i’m just very conscious of what I put in my body both as far as medicine and food so if you guys have a problem with that then that’s fine. I’m a very healthy human being. I’m fit. I take care of myself, I don’t get sick and that’s just how I choose to live my life. I’m not gonna let the government dictate it otherwise and you shouldn’t get your feelings hurt about how I choose to live my life because it literally does not impact your life in anyway except being short staffed and working overtime forever and training people forever ??✌?
Keep taking those non fda approved supplements bro. You got this.

Keep taking those non fda approved supplements bro.

I don’t take supplements either bro. Why can you not accept when someone doesn’t do what you what you think is right ? I am happy for the people that got vaccinated good for you if that’s your thing I don’t care and I don’t try to talk people out of it. I literally do not care how other people live their life. It’s actually very simple. We’ve been working in the situation for over a year and we’re not in direct contact with the public so why should I need to get the vaccine for the job NOW if I haven’t in the past year ? If everyone is already basically vaccinated in the building, what are they so worried about? The last person who caught Covid in my area was vaccinated so don’t give me that bullshit.

Source? Unless you're talking about the half ass measures we put in place in some states that don't do anything?

I mean, where to start? The Federal AWB not causing any clear benefit, Canada's long gun registry being abolished because of how useless it was, etc. How guns are used much more often for self defense than to kill is pretty important, too.

I mean, where to start? The Federal AWB not causing any clear benefit, Canada's long gun registry being abolished because of how useless it was, etc. How guns are used much more often for self defense than to kill is pretty important, too.
How about Australia as an example to counter that? I'm not saying to ban guns, but gun control does work lol

How about Australia as an example to counter that? I'm not saying to ban guns, but gun control does work lol

"Abstract: The 1996-97 National Firearms Agreement (NFA) in Australia introduced strict gun laws, primarily as a reaction to the mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania in 1996, where 35 people were killed. Despite the fact that several researchers using the same data have examined the impact of the NFA on firearm deaths, a consensus does not appear to have been reached. In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates."

Some methods of gun control work, yes, but most don't, especially the main ones gun control advocates push for. They're feel-good measures that don't have science behind them.

"Abstract: The 1996-97 National Firearms Agreement (NFA) in Australia introduced strict gun laws, primarily as a reaction to the mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania in 1996, where 35 people were killed. Despite the fact that several researchers using the same data have examined the impact of the NFA on firearm deaths, a consensus does not appear to have been reached. In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates."

Some methods of gun control work, yes, but most don't, especially the main ones gun control advocates push for. They're feel-good measures that don't have science behind them.
I personally only care about guns not being used in mass shootings, did it say anything about that? Too lazy to read

I personally only care about guns not being used in mass shootings, did it say anything about that? Too lazy to read
That's absolutely a societal and/or a mental health problem and not a gun problem.

When society tells a bunch of hormone addled mentally unstable young men they'll never be able to amount to anything or be someone in society that's the outcome, much like the ones who join extremist groups because "the other" is keeping them from attaining what they want in life.

There was a mass shooting in Russia a day or two ago, and they have incredibly stringent gun control laws, it's not a US only problem, but it is amplified by American culture and the inability of these dudes to get the help they need.

Repeal the NFA and cancel the ATF so on and so forth

Them losing their jobs would not affect you one bit. Let them be!
those that quite
Source? Unless you're talking about the half ass measures we put in place in some states that don't do anything?
NY and Chicago have some of the toughest gun control laws in the US! yet they cannot stop the shootings. Chicago has its own website set up to track their shootings. Again, none of this matters as it is all Trump's fault anyway!
Check it out: https://heyjackass.com/

That's absolutely a societal and/or a mental health problem and not a gun problem.

When society tells a bunch of hormone addled mentally unstable young men they'll never be able to amount to anything or be someone in society that's the outcome, much like the ones who join extremist groups because "the other" is keeping them from attaining what they want in life.

There was a mass shooting in Russia a day or two ago, and they have incredibly stringent gun control laws, it's not a US only problem, but it is amplified by American culture and the inability of these dudes to get the help they need.

Repeal the NFA and cancel the ATF so on and so forth
Yet the people that say this don’t want to fund mental health or have mental health screenings for gun ownership

Yet the people that say this don’t want to fund mental health or have mental health screenings for gun ownership
Umm I'm saying it and I absolutely want to fund mental health care (as part of Healthcare in general) publicly. There's tons of people saying it, they just exist outside your bubble, and outside of the realm of people who use it as a societal divider on the hill.

As far as screenings, as long as there is some reasonable legal means to have your rights restored, and the process to strip them away is incredibly stringent and impartial (not swayed by a judge or Dr's predilection on the gun control topic) I'm all for it too.

Certainly better than telling me I'm the problem for owning guns legally and safely before I lost them all in a boating accident.

those that quite

NY and Chicago have some of the toughest gun control laws in the US! yet they cannot stop the shootings. Chicago has its own website set up to track their shootings. Again, none of this matters as it is all Trump's fault anyway!
Check it out: Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass!
Chicago doesn't have real gun control, and I think we both agree the issues of Chicago runs deeper than guns

Umm I'm saying it and I absolutely want to fund mental health care (as part of Healthcare in general) publicly. There's tons of people saying it, they just exist outside your bubble, and outside of the realm of people who use it as a societal divider on the hill.

As far as screenings, as long as there is some reasonable legal means to have your rights restored, and the process to strip them away is incredibly stringent and impartial (not swayed by a judge or Dr's predilection on the gun control topic) I'm all for it too.

Certainly better than telling me I'm the problem for owning guns legally and safely before I lost them all in a boating accident.
In reference to screenings, do you think felons should get rights to guns after serving time?

I guess I’m saying more about the pro gun politicians that vote down even the most basic of measures like background checks.

In reference to screenings, do you think felons should get rights to guns after serving time?
Yes and no. Hypothetically, I think you do your time you should get your rights back, same as I think for voting.

On the other hand, depends on the crime though honestly. Like a white collar embezzler or some other nonviolent criminal who did wrong but isn't really a menace to society in a violent way?? Sure. Dude who got locked up for knocking off a convenience store with a gun? Maybe after a long while of showing you are now a productive member of society, or maybe not at all really hard to say and that would absolutely have to be a case by case thing I'd think.

Yes and no. Hypothetically, I think you do your time you should get your rights back, same as I think for voting.

On the other hand, depends on the crime though honestly. Like a white collar embezzler or some other nonviolent criminal who did wrong but isn't really a menace to society in a violent way?? Sure. Dude who got locked up for knocking off a convenience store with a gun? Maybe after a long while of showing you are now a productive member of society, or maybe not at all really hard to say and that would absolutely have to be a case by case thing I'd think.
Yeah I think its a weird area as well, view it the same way

No, but those are such a statistical outlier in terms of gun deaths, the media/gun control groups have inflated their frequency by redefining the term "mass shooting" from 4 or more deaths (the FBI's statistic) to 4 or more shot.

"The founder of the “shooting tracker” project, who currently goes by the handle “Billy Speed,” told me it was his choice: “Three years ago I decided, all by myself, to change the United States’ definition of mass shooting.” It’s also not clear how many of those stories — many of them from local outlets, including scant detail — are accurate."

Plus, one of the worst mass shootings (Virginia Tech) was done with handguns and magazines with capacities of 10 rounds, which would be available under most AWBs.

I guess I’m saying more about the pro gun politicians that vote down even the most basic of measures like background checks.
Because that's the party line, same as probably a great many dems who are probably ambivalent on the issue outside of needing to conform to the party platform or risk not getting elected, with few exceptions.

Look at Bernie pre presidential runs. As far as I remember he wasn't a gun control guy, at least not in a vocal sense.

Yet the people that say this don’t want to fund mental health

I do.

or have mental health screenings for gun ownership

Absolutely not.

No, because Manchin-Toomey is stupid, affects rural and low income individuals primarily, is basically a tax, and produces records that could be used to confiscate guns. The current background check system was a compromise made in 1994 anyway, and trying to expand it goes against that compromise. There's better background check systems like what Coburn proposed in 2012, but Democrats don't want it because that want that defacto gun registry.

Democrats- All cops are bad! Trump is a fascist authoritarian! Right wing gun nut extremists are coming for my family and trump told them to stand by! January 6!

Also democrats- no one needs guns! Give them to those awful policemen and government entities that change hands every 4 to 8 years.

Pick one, can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom