Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he should pay his workers more. Maybe have a better profit sharing program for those that made the company profitable and him obscenely wealthy instead of timing thier piss breaks and busting organizing efforts. Maybe all those "loses" you speak of in terms of tax breaks should be part of the companies valuation instead of investor feefees. Hell Maybe we don't really NEED a giant defecto monopoly on all web based goods and services thru one company and it should be a few different companies that offer some competition to one another. Maybe we don't need to do a repeat of the gilded age complete with some fucked up surveillance state targeted ad driven consumerist bullshit.

But hey, as long as I can get my Wheaties and sex toys delivered to my door in 24 hrs or less in the same box we all good I guess.
Have you been opening my packages?

Lol people enjoying the benefits and protections of a union contract and not paying dues is fucking bullshit
And forcing people to join a union is billshit.

Accurate. I say make everyone who is non union represent themselves, sans contract on everything, including pay.
I think that's fair. You know, how it's done in everyone job that isn't union. Which is most jobs.

Accurate. I say make everyone who is non union represent themselves, sans contract on everything, including pay.
Push this and you’ll find us unable to have a union as a fed. I agree unions can be great, but they have been known to be detrimental as well. A person should never be forced to join a union if they don’t want to, in any field. You can’t tell me non union member actually get the same effort from a FacRep/RVP as a member in good standing.

Push this and you’ll find us unable to have a union as a fed. I agree unions can be great, but they have been known to be detrimental as well. A person should never be forced to join a union if they don’t want to, in any field. You can’t tell me non union member actually get the same effort from a FacRep/RVP as a member in good standing.
They don't, but they should get none at all. I pay for the service. They do not.

And I'm not pushing anything. I'm just little ole me with my insignificant opinion. Man I wish there was a way to get more people together who share this opinion and maybe take that to my employer though and get some changes made. Wouldn't that be something?

This is correct. First question out of the RVPs mouth on an issue with an employee was if they were in the union or not. If not, they got zero help. If they were, the person who was incompetent at their job, with multiple DUIs, gets help.

They don't, but they should get none at all. I pay for the service. They do not.

And I'm not pushing anything. I'm just little ole me with my insignificant opinion. Man I wish there was a way to get more people together who share this opinion and maybe take that to my employer though and get some changes made. Wouldn't that be something?
Which is fine, just don't advocate for taking money from them against their will. Some call it theft.

This is correct. First question out of the RVPs mouth on an issue with an employee was if they were in the union or not. If not, they got zero help. If they were, the person who was incompetent at their job, with multiple DUIs, gets help.

Again, payed service. It's the damndest thing I tell you. So you want all the benefits and none of the responsibilities that come with it, ie paying dues.

Check your privilege brah.

Again, payed service. It's the damndest thing I tell you. So you want all the benefits and none of the responsibilities that come with it, ie paying dues.

Check your privilege brah.
I understand your point and I wouldn’t be 100% against non members not receiving the same benefits except pay. Knowing our luck management would give non members bigger raises ?

I think that's fair. You know, how it's done in everyone job that isn't union. Which is most jobs.

Lol then they can go get one of those, after all it is most jobs. Oh wait they don't want to because the union positions have better pay, what a conundrum

Are we supposed to feel bad that the guy who thinks the union isn't worth being in didn't get help from the union? Oh man poor guy, how was he supposed to know he wasn't able to get the same representation without dues! Do you think he drives around uninsured and then after he gets in a car accident he calls GEICO and asks them to pay for the damage? Let me guess they'd say no? Damn that's fucked up, stupid Geico just wants to steal money from him when he rarely even crashes cars. Theft!!

In theory yeah, the problem though is that they would get sweetheart deals until more and more people leave the union... And then once it's been neutered, everyone would get a bag of shit

In theory yeah, the problem though is that they would get sweetheart deals until more and more people leave the union... And then once it's been neutered, everyone would get a bag of shit
Lmao you think the faa or any large employer is gonna give sweetheart deals to labor? What a joke

Lol then they can go get one of those, after all it is most jobs. Oh wait they don't want to because the union positions have better pay, what a conundrum

Are we supposed to feel bad that the guy who thinks the union isn't worth being in didn't get help from the union? Oh man poor guy, how was he supposed to know he wasn't able to get the same representation without dues! Do you think he drives around uninsured and then after he gets in a car accident he calls GEICO and asks them to pay for the damage? Let me guess they'd say no? Damn that's fucked up, stupid Geico just wants to steal money from him when he rarely even crashes cars.

Never said the individual was non-union. Just that the question is asked. All the time. And if something like the PRO Act was passed, would those not in the Union now get all the help from the Union an active member would receive. They would be paying the dues under the PRO Act, just against their will. If someone isn't in and isn't paying, yeah screw them. See, I'm for making your own choices and dealing with your own consequences. Just like the covid vaccine.

Lmao you think the faa or any large employer is gonna give sweetheart deals to labor? What a joke

It would absolutely cost them less over many years to incentivize leaving the union in the short term, and almost every single employer and employee follows the money. There's a reason why labor doesn't want non members negotiating their own contracts. How many people would leave the union if not only they didn't have to pay dues, but the faa paid them even 5k more per year?

Then as soon as the union is dead, you freeze pay or even cut pay by 10k per year. And then what form of recourse do you have as an employee?

Unfortunately as we can see by the geniuses in the vax threads most people think they know better than everyone else and are too short sighted and would take the deal

Never said the individual was non-union. Just that the question is asked. All the time. And if something like the PRO Act was passed, would those not in the Union now get all the help from the Union an active member would receive. They would be paying the dues under the PRO Act, just against their will. If someone isn't in and isn't paying, yeah screw them. See, I'm for making your own choices and dealing with your own consequences. Just like the covid vaccine.

Yeah but that's why they asked lol that's the whole point. You don't like that they ask, but you also feel like if they aren't in and aren't paying then screw them I guess you're right I have no idea what your point is

Yeah but that's why they asked lol that's the whole point. You don't like that they ask, but you also feel like if they aren't in and aren't paying then screw them I guess you're right I have no idea what your point is
My point was that the PRO Act is hot garbage. You guys quoted me saying people getting benefits without paying was bullshit. I took that as support of the PRO Act.

My point was that the PRO Act is hot garbage. You guys quoted me saying people getting benefits without paying was bullshit. I took that as support of the PRO Act.

Oh I see now, well that's simply because your point is bad and your defense of that point is bad. Nobody is trying to force someone into a union job, they're trying not to allow people to get a union job and reap the benefits of the union job and then in turn not pay the union dues that allowed them to get aforementioned benefits in said union job.

Hope that helps, follow me for more helpful explanations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom