Shoot The Breeze 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question, if you argue the government shouldn’t make decisions for your Health why are you okay that they negotiate with insurance companies what insurance plans do and do not have to provide to you and what doctors you can and cannot see and at what percentage you pay out of pocket? That takes away some of your freedoms.

Also, maybe the union can’t really come out against the mandate when some of their membership caused closures and cleanings through awful decisions and not following what was reccomended (not all but some) and caused legit monetary damage to the users and the taxpayer with closures and cleanings.

Honest question, if you argue the government shouldn’t make decisions for your Health why are you okay that they negotiate with insurance companies what insurance plans do and do not have to provide to you and what doctors you can and cannot see and at what percentage you pay out of pocket? That takes away some of your freedoms.

Also, maybe the union can’t really come out against the mandate when some of their membership caused closures and cleanings through awful decisions and not following what was reccomended (not all but some) and caused legit monetary damage to the users and the taxpayer with closures and cleanings.
Ideally I'd like to see health insurance not tied to employment at all, but it's okay for them to negotiate what health insurance we are offered because at the end of the day I don't have to buy it. And before the YoU DoN't hAvE To wOrK FoR ThE FeDeRaL GoVeRnMeNt eItHeR crowd comes for me, it's completely different comparison. One is the free choice to buy something on my own free will or not and the other is a direct order to comply or have my entire livelihood stripped away.

Can't even compare the two.

The Ultimate Insult - May God Have Mercy On Your Soul - Billy Madison  (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube

Ideally I'd like to see health insurance not tied to employment at all, but it's okay for them to negotiate what health insurance we are offered because at the end of the day I don't have to buy it. And before the YoU DoN't hAvE To wOrK FoR ThE FeDeRaL GoVeRnMeNt eItHeR crowd comes for me, it's completely different comparison. One is the free choice to buy something on my own free will or not and the other is a direct order to comply or have my entire livelihood stripped away.
Things change all the time and I’ve heard the anti vax crowd at work argue I could die at anytime im Not worried, but to then be this reluctant to change, which working conditions could change at anytime, and they argue this in right to work states also, is somewhat hypocritical.

Can't even compare the two.

The Ultimate Insult - May God Have Mercy On Your Soul - Billy Madison  (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube
Why? If people are going to use a religious exemption because philosophically god created the perfect form, then why should the government have any say in what health care is provided? Yea the employee could choose not to have it but if they do their freedoms are limited. Yes the vax is even less free, and more absolute but insurance provided is still restricted somewhat.

Hey I'm happy now, I'm sure I'd be happy with more, and I'm sure he'd be just as happy with 1 percent of what he's got (if you can't be happy with 2 billion I doubt 200 billion is gonna fix you) Sitting on 200b or so tells me he's recovered from those losses, many times over and now it's just all fucky shit as you put it. That level of wealth hoarding isn't the same as you or I worrying about what deductions we can get away with come tax time.

It's not jealously, it's recognizing concentrations of wealth and power like we have now are not healthy for society as a whole and only benefit a select few. I really don't understand stanning these dudes or cheering for a system that allows it knowing full well you'll never ever be the beneficiary of it, and in fact are more than likely gonna be on the losing end of it at some point in the future.
Maybe Bezos should just give away or donate 99% of his shares (you know where all his "wealth" actually is) so that way he won't have any control over the company anymore and maybe the government can just take it over and run it as a state owned entity. I mean what could go wrong right? At least the feds will treat their workers with dignity and pay them what they deserve! Maybe they could also get rid of some of pesky job stealing robots and change prime shipping to 3 day delivery instead of 2 to accommodate 4 day work weeks! Fuck Bezos! Let's eat him!

Last edited:
Maybe Bezos should just give away or donate 99% of his shares (you know where all his "wealth") actually is so that way he won't have any control over the company anymore and maybe the government can just take it over and run it as a state owned entity. I mean what could go wrong right? At least the feds will treat their workers with dignity and pay them what they deserve! Maybe they could also get rid of some of pesky job stealing robots and change prime shipping to 3 day delivery instead of 2 to accommodate 4 day work weeks! Fuck Bezos! Let's eat him!
335D7D85-A47F-4EB5-B32F-E8770A0DD3F3.jpeg
What’s going on here

Wow an executive of a union supports a law that would dramatically increase unions ability to organize and bargain. Crazy.
And steal money out of the pockets of those who do not wish to be apart of that Union. PRO Act is fucking bullshit

Maybe Bezos should just give away or donate 99% of his shares (you know where all his "wealth" actually is) so that way he won't have any control over the company anymore and maybe the government can just take it over and run it as a state owned entity. I mean what could go wrong right? At least the feds will treat their workers with dignity and pay them what they deserve! Maybe they could also get rid of some of pesky job stealing robots and change prime shipping to 3 day delivery instead of 2 to accommodate 4 day work weeks! Fuck Bezos! Let's eat him!
I like how bezos and musk spend billions of their profits trying to actually do stuff like go to space. Much better than the Walton’s who just made a bunch of billionaire trust fund kids.

But those companies should absolutely be paying their workers more if their owners are making billions

I like how bezos and musk spend billions of their profits trying to actually do stuff like go to space. Much better than the Walton’s who just made a bunch of billionaire trust fund kids.

But those companies should absolutely be paying their workers more if their owners are making billions
Yeah 100% agreed bro, that's why I think a hostile takeover by the Feds is in order. All these billionaires love to do business with China and fuck the average America worker, well I say fuck them! Let's bring China to them! It's not right for private businesses to make profits. To they extent that the government makes a profit once they run all the companies, at least they'd take care of the citizens. Plus we could eliminate corporate taxes that the billionaires hate so much because if everything is run by the government, what are they gonna do? Pay taxes to themselves? ? That would be silly. Maybe we could get the very intelligent and articulate AOC to lead the transition to this new era of prosperity for the American people.

Yeah 100% agreed bro, that's why I think a hostile takeover by the Feds is in order. All these billionaires love to do business with China and fuck the average America worker, well I say fuck them! Let's bring China to them! It's not right for private businesses to make profits. To they extent that the government makes a profit once they run all the companies, at least they'd take care of the citizens. Plus we could eliminate corporate taxes that the billionaires hate so much because if everything is run by the government, what are they gonna do? Pay taxes to themselves? ? That would be silly. Maybe we could get the very intelligent and articulate AOC to lead the transition to this new era of prosperity for the American people.
Or just go back to the way it was when America actually collected enough revenues to pay for things.

You know MAGA? Isn’t that what you guys want. To make it great AGAIN to go back to what it was like BEFORE?

Maybe he should pay his workers more. Maybe have a better profit sharing program for those that made the company profitable and him obscenely wealthy instead of timing thier piss breaks and busting organizing efforts. Maybe all those "loses" you speak of in terms of tax breaks should be part of the companies valuation instead of investor feefees. Hell Maybe we don't really NEED a giant defecto monopoly on all web based goods and services thru one company and it should be a few different companies that offer some competition to one another. Maybe we don't need to do a repeat of the gilded age complete with some fucked up surveillance state targeted ad driven consumerist bullshit.

But hey, as long as I can get my Wheaties and sex toys delivered to my door in 24 hrs or less in the same box we all good I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom