Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, that doesn’t work in this situation. She wasn't hired with a salary lower than her white predecessors. Her salary is getting cut now because of police budget cuts enacted as a result of the protests/riots. Had she been hired and given a lower salary, that would be a different story.
Ah ok missed that detail

I got a feeling we are getting news about restarting OJTI tomorrow or furloughs tomorrow
Well 800k passed through TSA for the 1st time since March. So i say we restart training, and if your high risk be furloughed or come to work.

From my old FacRep:
“Hey guys not much to update after telecon. No updates on training or return to reg schedule. Traffic I know was up over the weekend but the forecast as Aug wanes is for a steady decline nation wide. The issue of use or lose continues to be worked and there is some hope the agency will come around on that but not certain.
Reminder don't travel to a covid hot spot on your excused absence and then bring it back to the tower or get a DUI while on excused(joking but I guess that happened elsewhere)”

“The forecast” is traffic is going to continue to drop. Is that why there’s no updates on training? So are they now saying training is tied to projections/guesses on what might happen in the future? You can’t make this stuff up folks.

I got a feeling we are getting news about restarting OJTI tomorrow or furloughs tomorrow
Unfortunately it sounds like furloughs are coming to anyone who wasn’t certified on any positions. Here at the center the thought is that they are last resort and that they will be offered to come back once new academy grads come through, finish maps, class room non radar, and finally make it to the lab. Then they will slowly funnel in the previous trainees into academy grad radar classes. I think facility is hoping to use them to pump up their budget for the training department. My question is will furloughed employees be locked into their previous FERS contribution or will they have to pay whatever the new rate is the new hires pay assuming it keeps going up?

All this talk of furloughs is bull shit, where did it even come from? No new information to support it. Unfortunately if OJTI don’t start within a month or so though they will table it until the spring. So there might be big news regarding that soon. But then the trainees can just keep sitting at home, they won’t get “furloughed”. At least they will know what situation they are in for months and can get a second job in the meantime, double dip. If anyone says “you can’t do that on excused leave time” tell them to fuck off and if they don’t like it get you back in the building to train.

Unfortunately it sounds like furloughs are coming to anyone who wasn’t certified on any positions. Here at the center the thought is that they are last resort and that they will be offered to come back once new academy grads come through, finish maps, class room non radar, and finally make it to the lab. Then they will slowly funnel in the previous trainees into academy grad radar classes. I think facility is hoping to use them to pump up their budget for the training department. My question is will furloughed employees be locked into their previous FERS contribution or will they have to pay whatever the new rate is the new hires pay assuming it keeps going up?
I highly, highly doubt they drop furloughs on us with no advanced warning. It would be big news if they were going to do it, and there would be a heads up

Ooof this blew up.... I'll try to address my highlights....

100+ mph winds. Probably expecting all sorts of power issues would by guess, plus the radars would be on free spin. Although Florida and Texas and even NY staff through hurricanes all the time so who knows?
But did they get hazard pay?

Damn. Some joker on the ATC subreddit is pleading with people to stop using their use-or-lose because he doesn't want to risk coming off 5/5 or 5/10. Now that's entitled.
At least they're honest.

Well 800k passed through TSA for the 1st time since March. So i say we restart training, and if your high risk be furloughed or come to work.
How many times I gotta tell you people TSA numbers don't mean boo for our ops counts/traffic? The correlation is weak at best although I know Alpha_bravo2 disagrees.

From my old FacRep:
“Hey guys not much to update after telecon. No updates on training or return to reg schedule. Traffic I know was up over the weekend but the forecast as Aug wanes is for a steady decline nation wide. The issue of use or lose continues to be worked and there is some hope the agency will come around on that but not certain.
Reminder don't travel to a covid hot spot on your excused absence and then bring it back to the tower or get a DUI while on excused(joking but I guess that happened elsewhere)”
LOL. It's come down from people higher than facreps that use or lose is dead in the water. Facreps know nothing.

All this talk of furloughs is bull shit, where did it even come from? No new information to support it. Unfortunately if OJTI don’t start within a month or so though they will table it until the spring.

Well, by your own logic, this information is also bullshit. No source = bullshit (your logic). Why do they get to table it? Do trainees become invisible in a month? Super confused. But, I don't disagree, furloughs are impending now.

so you're suggesting that academy grads with less than a year of seniority will be brought back before people who were already in the training program? laughable.

But did they get hazard pay?

At least they're honest.

How many times I gotta tell you people TSA numbers don't mean boo for our ops counts/traffic? The correlation is weak at best although I know Alpha_bravo2 disagrees.

LOL. It's come down from people higher than facreps that use or lose is dead in the water. Facreps know nothing.

Well, by your own logic, this information is also bullshit. No source = bullshit (your logic). Why do they get to table it? Do trainees become invisible in a month? Super confused. But, I don't disagree, furloughs are impending now.
I don’t burn my sources.

I don’t burn my sources.

That's fine, because I don't consider your NATCA whoever in whatever position a reliable source anyways. It's no secret NATCA doesn't want training until the population is vaccinated/COVID-19 is fully eradicated. The FAA has never cared about training on non-peak traffic or off season (see the .4 about cert rides on "moderate" traffic, the training order which mandated 3 hours per day despite the fact some facilities didn't want to do it, etc). The FAA is allowing the academy to open, they wouldn't open it to roll over to NATCA and not discuss training after next month because summer is ending. It's abundantly clear NATCA is protecting everyone the best they can by keeping trainees at home and only having CPCs/trainees certified on eligible positions at work. It's not rocket science. Then they'll use summer is over as another excuse to achieve that goal.
Wow, look at that, I said basically what your source said without even knowing who it is. magic.

Last edited:
That's fine, because I don't consider your NATCA whoever in whatever position a reliable source anyways. It's no secret NATCA doesn't want training until the population is vaccinated/COVID-19 is fully eradicated. The FAA has never cared about training on non-peak traffic or off season (see the .4 about cert rides on "moderate" traffic, the training order which mandated 3 hours per day despite the fact some facilities didn't want to do it, etc). The FAA is allowing the academy to open, they wouldn't open it to roll over to NATCA and not discuss training after next month because summer is ending. It's abundantly clear NATCA is protecting everyone the best they can by keeping trainees at home and only having CPCs at work. It's not rocket science. Then they'll use summer is over as another excuse to achieve that goal.
Wow, look at that, I said basically what your source said without even knowing who it is. magic.
Not only CPCs. Don’t forget the lost generation that are being exploited for staffing numbers and not being allowed to train. Even if people are going to management volunteering to train them.

How many times I gotta tell you people TSA numbers don't mean boo for our ops counts/traffic? The correlation is weak at best although I know @Alpha_bravo2 disagrees.
Not sure why you tagged me, I agree with the statement that an increase in pax count doesn't mean more planes are flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom