Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah it’s in the contract. They’re also supposed to put in electric car chargers but I don’t think they are cus the gas people are like what about me.
I have been trying to research this high and low, especially since we are earmarked for a new tower/facility and electric chargers would be a massive boon, but without any luck. The best thing my research denoted was a Federal Initiative about going "green." For instance if TechOps received electric trucks they would need chargers and since by that time I would have my CyberTruck, it could be used by I and other facility members.

I have been trying to research this high and low, especially since we are earmarked for a new tower/facility and electric chargers would be a massive boon, but without any luck. The best thing my research denoted was a Federal Initiative about going "green." For instance if TechOps received electric trucks they would need chargers and since by that time I would have my CyberTruck, it could be used by I and other facility members.
I thought there’s an article in the slate book that says they will have a workgroup to install electric car chargers.

I thought there’s an article in the slate book that says they will have a workgroup to install electric car chargers.
I have to open the contract today and take a look, but I do not think the agency will bite off on one controller driving an electric vehicle.

Alabama students throwing 'COVID parties' to see who gets infected: Officials

Opinion:

there has been nothing worse on this site EVER than the 1st amendment/hate speech/Lets get someone fired for Facebook takes and debates. Whoever is advocating for someone to be fired and using this forum to perpetuate that by hinting at bullshit and EEOs and secret plots n plans to destroy ppl, should be banned for life on here. MJ i dont think its a great leap to say you could end end up subpoenaed and being deposed if these ppl actually succeed in destroying someones life or otherwise painting them in some kind of false light (we don't know because we don't know the accusation, just rolling poisonous allegations and veiled ominious proclamations). that's way next level than your average ham n egg Trump/Ncept/Hiring/hardships/ATC meat n potatos normy thread. next level assholes. don't @ me dont care how much u wanna troll me or call me "the worst of the worst" ppl w 2 posts chiming in saying "that guy is soooo stupid he rolls out of bed dumb hehehehe" that's fine maybe I am. dont care. its just ATC not ruining mofos lives. this Covid era has jumped the shark hard. somewhere along the way these convos took a dark turn. good thing im not king! MJ #1349 Stinger ZP

roll tide!
Slow down cowboy. There's no secret plots or anything. I doubt anything you say on this site (unless a direct threat with real names) will end up on court.
You are entitled to your opinion, it's America after all. You just can't work for the government or military if your opinion is too anti-american.

The 1st amendment doesn’t guarantee you the right to a job. Even if you work for the government you being an asshole on your personal time doesn’t protect you. You talk about being professional, can you trust someone who is openly racist to be a professional? Do you think if racist statements came up on a background check of someone trying to get hired to do this job that they would make it through?

Say whatever you want about slippery slopes and not having the government in your business but if you are comfortable posting shit on the internet you should be comfortable having someone in your face about it.

Your life doesn’t exist in silos. You can’t be a shit head at home and not expect it to follow you to work anymore.
“Being an asshole” is not an objective standard. If someone acts racist at work or is demeaning coworkers, that is actionable. If they are talking about what they think On their own time, you’re looking at a hefty lawsuit. Especially if they are stating their opinions, and not acting on them in any way, shape or form. Firing someone for wrongthink is objectively wrong. It’s because it’s a slippery slope.

If not being racist is the objective standard, do we take a deep dive on everyone’s personal social media? If it is found someone posted a quote from malcom X, or someone who likes the Nation of Islam page or posts a clip of Farrakhan, should they Be fired as well? NoI is a hate group according to the SPLC. Some people think the president is racist. If you like his official page, should you get fired for that? Who gets to define racism?

...and any time a moderator steps in it’s the equivalent of Tiananmen Square.

any personal information , doxxing, etc will be dealt with If they arise
I always thought of it as Prague Spring *shrugs*

I got my 100 bucks down too. Gonna be the most stylish woke hillbilly around

“Being an asshole” is not an objective standard. If someone acts racist at work or is demeaning coworkers, that is actionable. If they are talking about what they think On their own time, you’re looking at a hefty lawsuit. Especially if they are stating their opinions, and not acting on them in any way, shape or form. Firing someone for wrongthink is objectively wrong. It’s because it’s a slippery slope.

If not being racist is the objective standard, do we take a deep dive on everyone’s personal social media? If it is found someone posted a quote from malcom X, or someone who likes the Nation of Islam page or posts a clip of Farrakhan, should they Be fired as well? NoI is a hate group according to the SPLC. Some people think the president is racist. If you like his official page, should you get fired for that? Who gets to define racism?

Like we said before... there's probably going to be more evidence in the legal action that the AA controllers are forming than just FB posts. Otherwise their case is very weak.

I said "this guy should be segregated near the sun" because it was my "different opinion" and a joke lol

I honestly don’t know what was said to start this conversation so I can’t comment on that specific situation. My point is if you say racist shit In your free time you don’t have any expectation that it won’t follow you to other parts of your life. It’s the 21st century, someone is always listening.

I honestly don’t know what was said to start this conversation so I can’t comment on that specific situation. My point is if you say racist shit In your free time you don’t have any expectation that it won’t follow you to other parts of your life. It’s the 21st century, someone is always listening.
Not according to some around these parts

Remember tomorrow is the in lieu of holiday so for those of us that have been feverishly self-studying from 7am-330pm with a government mandated 30 minute lunch break for the past 4 months, you now get a full 3 day weekend. Enjoy this time between emails that tell you you're gonna be WFH for another month and Zoom meetings where they take attendance for a half hour followed by 10 minutes of talking.

Remember tomorrow is the in lieu of holiday so for those of us that have been feverishly self-studying from 7am-330pm with a government mandated 30 minute lunch break for the past 4 months, you now get a full 3 day weekend. Enjoy this time between emails that tell you you're gonna be WFH for another month and Zoom meetings where they take attendance for a half hour followed by 10 minutes of talking.
I’m truly envious. Our Zoom meetings consist of a 25-40 minute power point each day that begins after 10 minutes of trying to reach one person who couldn’t drag their phone off the nightstand to call in before falling back asleep, stretched out to 3 hours by tossing in 3 30-minute breaks & waiting 3 minutes for someone to walk back into the room that has their iPad and realize that a question needs to be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom