Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you start counting people who die from motorcycle wrecks and gunshots(and every other random thing they could) it makes getting to that number a lot easier.

As I've said before, I don't give two craps what it says on the death certificate. COVID, pneumonia, blood clot, car crash, fell off a cliff, whatever. Count the number of death certificates and compare that number to data from past years. We're at 250,000+ compared to where we should be.

I mean that's good and fine of course there were other factors but that doesn't account for the fucking the US populace is getting today at the behest of giant corporations and financial institutions when 70 percent of our economy is based on finding new and more complex ways of moving fake digital money around so rich dudes can get richer, and that same wealthy donor class convinces entities in the government to enable them to rob us all blind.

Hell general electric makes more money on financial holdings these days than it does actually making shit. But Ya, it's definitely them rice burnin cars causing the issue huh?

The whole thing is an artifical shell game. That's part of the reason why the China, S Korea and Japan are skyrocketing to the moon economically speaking. They still produce tangible things.

Obviously the concept was lost on you, American production is dead because of the misplaced hope in quantity over quality that lead to quality focused business taking over market shares(Japanese, German, Taiwanese). US Corporations eventually allowed it since they're capable of making money through other means such as you mentioned.

My point being, there was a large amount of shit contributing to the U.S. uprise and it's future fall. Trying to attribute one as chief among them is pointless.

As I've said before, I don't give two craps what it says on the death certificate. COVID, pneumonia, blood clot, car crash, fell off a cliff, whatever. Count the number of death certificates and compare that number to data from past years. We're at 250,000+ compared to where we should be.

Not like we have an extremely large elderly demographic or anything.

Obviously the concept was lost on you, American production is dead because of the misplaced hope in quantity over quality that lead to quality focused business taking over market shares(Japanese, German, Taiwanese). US Corporations eventually allowed it since they're capable of making money through other means such as you mentioned.

My point being, there was a large amount of shit contributing to the U.S. uprise and it's future fall. Trying to attribute one as chief among them is pointless.
I'd say corporations investing overseas for cheaper labor/taxes was a very significant portion of the fall

Not like we have an extremely large elderly demographic or anything.
Relative to other countries our country isn't very top heavy in an age chart

I promise none of you will ever be worth than 10 mil so why defend the people who are lmao
Speak for yourself, loser. I'm about to sign a sponsorship with Microsoft to be the next big FS2020 streamer/esport athlete. No one's out here consistently buttering the bread quite like me. If only the airlines weren't all about to go bankrupt, I'd consider a career change.Microsoft Flight Simulator 9_10_2020 6_13_39 PM.jpgScreenshot (2).jpg

I'd say corporations investing overseas for cheaper labor/taxes was a very significant portion of the fall

That's irrelevant to most though, if it was the big devil most people claim it to be then unemployment would be consistently overloaded.

Relative to other countries our country isn't very top heavy in an age chart
We're 3rd, almost double 4th in numbers.

Speak for yourself, loser. I'm about to sign a sponsorship with Microsoft to be the next big FS2020 streamer/esport athlete. No one's out here consistently buttering the bread quite like me. If only the airlines weren't all about to go bankrupt, I'd consider a career change.View attachment 4731View attachment 4732
Quite impressive, if you scroll down the leaderboards you'll see me at the bottom

That's irrelevant to most though, if it was the big devil most people claim it to be then unemployment would be consistently overloaded.

We're 3rd, almost double 4th in numbers.
And 36th in percent...., also lots of those jobs were in manufacturing

And 36th in percent...., also lots of those jobs were in manufacturing

Manufacturing jobs lost out to automation, not outsourcing.

Percentile ranking doesn't matter, especially considering the generation preceding the babyboomer were the greatest and silent generations both who suffered through means of death to their numbers other than old age. Baby Boomers are the first largely untouched generation and we're now experiencing their increasing number of deaths.

Manufacturing jobs lost out to automation, not outsourcing.

Percentile ranking doesn't matter, especially considering the generation preceding the babyboomer were the greatest and silent generations both who suffered through means of death to their numbers other than old age. Baby Boomers are the first largely untouched generation and we're now experiencing their increasing number of deaths.
How does percentile not matter, no shit more people will die when you have more people?

How does percentile not matter, no shit more people will die when you have more people?

Because a percentile gives no information other than the relevance to the whole. It doesn't specify that one of the largest generations to date is entering its sunset era and the preceding generations were devastated by war, famine, and plague so an increase in deaths is more likely due to an increase in the elderly population in comparison to previous years.

Saying more people equals more death is completely lacking information because it doesn't include distribution.

Because a percentile gives no information other than the relevance to the whole. It doesn't specify that one of the largest generations to date is entering its sunset era and the preceding generations were devastated by war, famine, and plague so an increase in deaths is more likely due to an increase in the elderly population in comparison to previous years.
but india has more than 1.5 times our elderly population and have experienced less deaths total, and japan has a very old population and also has way less deaths

No because I can't fly in cockpit view either
Just keep practicing and one day you will become one with the joystick. They say it takes 10,000 hours of concentrated practice to become a master at something. Maybe I've spent more time working a joystick than I've realized ;)

Real talk though, how's the economy doing down in West Texas. A friend of a friend I know got laid off from his high paying engineering job down in Odessa back in March. Oil is still having a hard time recovering and I read they've shut-in millions barrels/day worth of wells. I know when you were first complaining about it down there, I checked apartment pricing and even I was a little shocked at the prices but I just checked again and it looks like there's of supply at fair prices. Is MAF the new hidden country club of the NAS? I gotta think the private jet big money oil traffic has died down significantly as of late.

but india has more than 1.5 times our elderly population and have experienced less deaths total, and japan has a very old population and also has way less deaths

My dispute was with the assumption that an increase in deaths now is equivalent to the mortality of the disease and nothing else. Trust Indian reporting if you want, Japan is an enigma of any category and it's also home of the most healthy elderly population, give them 5-10 more years and you'll see them keel over.

Just keep practicing and one day you will become one with the joystick. They say it takes 10,000 hours of concentrated practice to become a master at something. Maybe I've spent more time working a joystick than I've realized ;)

Real talk though, how's the economy doing down in West Texas. A friend of a friend I know got laid off from his high paying engineering job down in Odessa back in March. Oil is still having a hard time recovering and I read they've shut-in millions barrels/day worth of wells. I know when you were first complaining about it down there, I checked apartment pricing and even I was a little shocked at the prices but I just checked again and it looks like there's of supply at fair prices. Is MAF the new hidden country club of the NAS? I gotta think the private jet big money oil traffic has died down significantly as of late.
Well when you use a ps4 controller its rough. But DLF seems to be picking training back up, so we are much busier than we were, and the oil jets have actually started flying much more recently, concho resources could be a good stock pick up based off traffic lol. I heard single bedrooms are still going for 1k, which is 600 less than when I got here, but they're building homes and apartments like crazy out here. Definitely not a country club, maybe if we got CIP, or DFW locality instead of RUS. Not gonna lie when I lost about 10k my first year and a half from how expensive it is. Also absolutely no one wants to stay, and we have the worst staffing outside Kalamazoo

My dispute was with the assumption that an increase in deaths now is equivalent to the mortality of the disease and nothing else. Trust Indian reporting if you want, Japan is an enigma of any category and it's also home of the most healthy elderly population, give them 5-10 more years and you'll see them keel over.
Just wait till they die from old age. Then you’ll see

Just want to make sure I understand you're saying this is the first thing to actually threaten our older population, or that its the first of our older population naturally dying off?

Just wait till they die from old age. Then you’ll see

Oversimplification is a disease bud, wait for the healthier/longer lasting population to die and you'll see Japan enter a full blown shit fit when compared to their lacking birth rate.

Just want to make sure I understand you're saying this is the first thing to actually threaten our older population, or that its the first of our older population naturally dying off?
It's the increase of baby boomers dying off , especially in comparison to the preceding generations which were neither as large or long lived. It's not only them too, Gen X and Y mortality rates were spiking against expectations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom