Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys really not witnessed a “workgroup” before? *shake my head* a workgroup is as useless as this thread.

Reference Cited: Netflix: The Good Place, Season 3, Episode Ten "The Book Of Dougs" 13:10-14:33

Seriously, look it up (Spoilers though, watch the whole series first if you haven't. Totally worthwhile.)

It was a joke. They still haven’t acknowledged the paying members in training in any national emails.
The only way anyone is going to acknowledge trainees on a broad scope is to contact your FacRep and request to leave the union. If they ask why, cite financial issues due to being kept from advancing your training. Some will say that your certification wasn’t guaranteed, in which case they’re just taking your money while they can anyway.
On AG pay, $50-60/month goes a long way toward replenishing my liquor cabinet and keeping the cooler stocked with Truly for my post-Zoom/personal study 3pm poolside relaxation time.

Have any of the trainees in this thread sent an email to your RVP for an update? If your Facrep isn't giving you any info, start asking your RVP. If you make it sound genuine you will get a response of some sort from them.

Have any of the trainees in this thread sent an email to your RVP for an update? If your Facrep isn't giving you any info, start asking your RVP. If you make it sound genuine you will get a response of some sort from them.

at this point the best course of action is to hope they’re still on payroll come January so they can file SF1188s. That’ll send a louder message than talking to any RVP or rep. It’s pretty clear information leaks when anyone at or below an RVP gets the info, so I’d say it’s a fair bet that National is keeping things pretty quiet. In my experience, most fac reps like to talk.

No they haven't. They just come here and bitch. If you want answers sack up, the squeaky wheel gets the grease

at this point the best course of action is to hope they’re still on payroll come January so they can file SF1188s. That’ll send a louder message than talking to any RVP or rep. It’s pretty clear information leaks when anyone at or below an RVP gets the info, so I’d say it’s a fair bet that National is keeping things pretty quiet. In my experience, most fac reps like to talk.
That's a drastic and overreacting step. If half of the trainees reached out to the RVPs they'd have an answer of some sort. I mean y'all are on here complaining about the lack of communication, show some iniative and start the dialogue with the higher ups.

All y'all are doing is speculating and complaining on the interwebs, if y'all really cared about getting back to training some of y'all would've reached out a while ago.

I'm not quoting anyone, but the number one way to fail training would be quitting the union. Certifications take place in 5 years when traffic picks back up, until then I'll keep my flight data while working 30 hours a week at my other job. We've all made sacrifices for the #greatestjobintheworld I used to walk to work in the snow, uphill to proudly stuff strips, then walk uphill home, in the snow, to wash my trainers call knowing one day I could join the club of elite aviation experts.
Plus if traffic is low, and this is the new normal, then normal traffic means the union is pushing to get all of them back in facilities and certified a.s.a.p. I am 100% sure they aren't arguing for keeping these modified schedules as long as possible

Anyone who thinks quitting the union is a path to success is naive. That is a road to career suicide. You have to understand that the Union literally controls most facilities. I dont mean "have a strong collaborative seat at the table", I mean controls outright full stop (at least the day to day personnel, training, & work conditions stuff). It's the equivalent of saying "If Trump/Clinton/whoever gets elected, I'm moving to Canada." That may make you feel good and empowered because at least you are taking an affirmative action, voting w your feet, payroll deductions, whatever... but it wont get you what you want. You'll get fucked w and wash out, but be able to say you stood up. There is wisdom in knowing not to fight the battles you cant win, that I havent fully learned myself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom