Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I lived in Hipster ass Brooklyn and still maxed out my TSP and still paid $1700/mo towards my student loans, because that was my lifestyle choice. If I wanted to pay $2500 a month towards my student loans but live alone then yeah sure I could go live in Hauppauge with all the mutants.
Are you really comparing your experience as a level 11 controller to someone making $7.25/hour? Aside from which all your arguments so far have been “well I did this so they should be able to also” nevermind that you came from a position that allowed you to spend $120k on a degree in the first place.
I am literally saying that the realities of today's society are such that if you want to buy a house, you cant do so on McDonald's pay, and if that's the only marketable life skills you have, that sucka for you.

Did you have a solution?
Make min wage keep up with inflation? That seems like a pretty good place to start.

Well where does it end then? If the fry cook at McDonalds with zero skills gets paid $15 an hour everyone else’s pay should go up accordingly. You and I both know that won’t happen. It’s a pipe dream.

why though? Why just cause they got a raise to meet the basic needs to live should ours go up?

On no my 1%! Take my guns and rights but just leave me that 1% lord!

Lol. Imagine thinking Trump cares about your rights. Or your guns. Also, the Gun debate, if you can even call it that, is brought up every four years by the right as some sort of fear tactic. Remember when they told us Obama was gonna take our guns?

Lol. Imagine thinking Trump cares about your rights. Or your guns. Also, the Gun debate, if you can even call it that, is brought up every four years by the right as some sort of fear tactic. Remember when they told us Obama was gonna take our guns?

But liberal bad conservative good

Both the democrat candidates have run on a platform of banning guns. Kamala said if something wasn’t passed within 100 days they will use EOs. While yes it’s a constant tactic it’s not like it’s baseless. I am not in constant fear of it but I’m not going to actively vote for a party who has it as one of their biggest agendas. I never said Trump cares about my rights and I have not and will not vote for him. Imagine thinking everyone not in a Biden circle jerk is voting and fully supports trump.

Both the democrat candidates have run on a platform of banning guns. Kamala said if something wasn’t passed within 100 days they will use EOs. While yes it’s a constant tactic it’s not like it’s baseless. I am not in constant fear of it but I’m not going to actively vote for a party who has it as one of their biggest agendas. I never said Trump cares about my rights and I have not and will not vote for him. Imagine thinking everyone not in a Biden circle jerk is voting and fully supports trump.

I did assume you were pro trump based on your comments in this thread, so I do apologize for that. There just ain’t much middle ground between the two political parties these days. Ready for the election to be over with.

Your saying this in a way that us democrats are against what she’s saying

Lol this shit goes both ways. Everyone is stuck in the “my side is right your side is wrong” mentality.
yeah lol someone called me joseph goebbels in the other thread because I posted a video of a guy that pulled a gun on a cop getting shot and asked for thoughts because people were rioting over it

.. I've only voted once in my life and it was blue too lmao

yeah lol someone called me joseph goebbels in the other thread because I posted a video of a guy that pulled a gun on a cop getting shot and asked for thoughts because people were rioting over it

.. I've only voted once in my life and it was blue too lmao
The intent of your post wasn’t to get people’s thoughts. Nice try though.

The intent of your post wasn’t to get people’s thoughts. Nice try though.
yo... lol WAT???

how do you know my intentions better than I do? ok now im curious lol, what do you think the intent of my post was and why do you think that

I've never insulted anyone in this thread or been unreasonable when talking about politics (and i never will), so given that do you really believe that its impossible for me asking for thoughts to be just that? because spoiler alert it really is just that

why though? Why just cause they got a raise to meet the basic needs to live should ours go up?
I suppose it doesn’t “have to”, but If all of the sudden the Federal minimum wage more than doubles from $7.25 to $15 (Like many people advocate for) wouldn’t people currently making $15 have a legitimate argument to their employer that they deserve more money? If the people making $15/hour were paid twice as much as a minimum wage worker by a company before the $15 mandate, then it would stand to reason they would still be twice as valuable after the mandate in my mind. The only thing that would change is the dollar amount. To me the minimum wage establishes a floor for pay based on the scarcity of the skills required to do the job in the workforce. Therefore minimum skills/Training = Minimum wage. And obviously the more skills and training an employee has, the higher they’ll be paid.

yo... lol WAT???

how do you know my intentions better than I do? ok now im curious lol, what do you think the intent of my post was and why do you think that

I've never insulted anyone in this thread or been unreasonable when talking about politics (and i never will), so given that do you really believe that its impossible for me asking for thoughts to be just that? because spoiler alert it really is just that
You don’t post a video of someone getting shot on an atc forum if you aren’t trying to stir the pot. I never said you were insulting anyone or being a dick just that your intentions weren’t neutral or just in the spirit of discussion.

You don’t post a video of someone getting shot on an atc forum if you aren’t trying to stir the pot. I never said you were insulting anyone or being a dick just that your intentions weren’t neutral or just in the spirit of discussion.
ok thank you for that reply. i definitely understand why you would think I was trying to 'stir the pot'. i have seen pushingtin's posts and I get it lol. i am new to this forum but believe (or you can go back and read the posts I've made in this thread and see for yourself) I mean exactly what I say and i try to "be excellent to other people" whenever i can, and that applies even to online where its easy to just say xyz about someone as opposed to hearing them out for real because anonymous. that is probably a rare thing to see in any place but its a personal goal for me so that's why i do it

When i talk politics with people I'm not really interested in what they think about the issue or trying to change what they think because you can go in circles forever and people rarely change their minds. that is boring (to me). I'm more interested in -why- people think the way they do because it helps me grow/expand my perspective on things, and sometimes i like to ask people about why they think something because I've seen them get an aha moment and its cool to see. So when i ask people for their thoughts i really do just mean that

ok thank you for that reply. i definitely understand why you would think I was trying to 'stir the pot'. i have seen pushingtin's posts and I get it lol. i am new to this forum but believe (or you can go back and read the posts I've made in this thread and see for yourself) I mean exactly what I say and i try to "be excellent to other people" whenever i can, and that applies even to online where its easy to just say xyz about someone as opposed to hearing them out for real because anonymous. that is probably a rare thing to see in any place but its a personal goal for me so that's why i do it

When i talk politics with people I'm not really interested in what they think about the issue or trying to change what they think because you can go in circles forever and people rarely change their minds. that is boring (to me). I'm more interested in -why- people think the way they do because it helps me grow/expand my perspective on things, and sometimes i like to ask people about why they think something because I've seen them get an aha moment and its cool to see. So when i ask people for their thoughts i really do just mean that
Fair enough. Thanks for being cool on the internet.

(inb4 horny tells us to make out)

I just got another boom stick. In CA. People looooooooove to bitch about the regulations but I don’t mind the fact that there is somewhat of a process to purchase a tool that is designed to kill, nor that we have laws that strictly regulate the use of such tools.

Yeah it’s not TX or AZ, but I don’t feel my constitutional rights are infringed to be honest. From what I read of Biden’s gun plan, it’ll be similar to how it is already in Cali, and it’s not that great a concern to me.

Yes, we have to respect the 2A, but there’s an entire Constitution that the current administration has shown they have no respect for, so Biden has had my vote since he became the nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom