Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything before thanksgiving is heresy
This is my thoughts on the subject, the deer season thing is a compromise thing with the wife where I get to disappear and get shit faced and do hood rat shit in the woods for a weekend and she gets to decorate and listen to Christmas music far too early.

Added benefit is I don't have to be around for it or do anything but hang lights the weekend after.

I have a hard and fast rule they aren't allowed to go up until after Thanksgiving, or my first weekend hunting during deer gun season, whichever happens first.
I was the same way. Actually hated how much Christmas was shoved in our faces. But once I started having kids, it made the season a lot more enjoyable. And now that 2020 is an absolute shit show diaper barge, why the fuck not?

Attention ATC'ers, Christmas has been canceled this year due to lack of hustle. Deal with it

This is my thoughts on the subject, the deer season thing is a compromise thing with the wife where I get to disappear and get shit faced and do hood rat shit in the woods for a weekend and she gets to decorate and listen to Christmas music far too early.

Added benefit is I don't have to be around for it or do anything but hang lights the weekend after.
Seems reasonable. I’ll allow it.

I was the same way. Actually hated how much Christmas was shoved in our faces. But once I started having kids, it made the season a lot more enjoyable. And now that 2020 is an absolute shit show diaper barge, why the fuck not?
Ya my first is 6 weeks old, and I'm definitely looking forward to Xmas a bit now that I get to see actual childhood joy and not rampant gimme consumerism, but still I don't want it till after turkey day.

Basically the same. Nothing before December 1st was my demand. Hated Christmas season before kids. First kid my wife “convinced” me after thanksgiving. Second kid and i couldn’t care less when decorations go up. If it makes someone happy then i ain’t getting in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom