Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimum wage is considered liberal now? Lol.
Minimum wage was for us to earn while we worked at grocery stores, gas stations, and fast food places when we were in high school and college so we would have a few bucks to order pizza while playing Madden at our friends house, put gas in our used Honda Civic, and have spending money on spring break once a year if we were really disciplined and could save enough for that while we progressed in our lives toward getting a “real” job.

It was never meant for some mother fucker to try to raise a family on.

Minimum wage was for us to earn while we worked at grocery stores, gas stations, and fast food places when we were in high school and college so we would have a few bucks to order pizza while playing Madden at our friends house, put gas in our used Honda Civic, and have spending money on spring break once a year if we were really disciplined and could save enough for that while we progressed in our lives toward getting a “real” job.

This is literally the worst explanation for why minimum wage was established I’ve ever heard.

You should actually look up why minimum wage was established because everything you said is flat out wrong. It's easy to look down on people when you've lucked into one of the highest paying jobs requiring only a high school diploma.

4p8tav.jpg

“no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.”

“By ‘business’ I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry; by workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as well as the men in overalls; and by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level — I mean the wages of decent living,”

4p90dj.jpg

A guy with 73 posts doesn't get to declare /thread ever. Especially since we haven't spoke about the fact that Trump was probably the greatest president in U.S. history behind Lincoln, In-n-out is the superior burger chain, N90/EWR are the #1 rated country clubs in terms of ease to work, BTC is a scam, there won't be any furloughs or RIF's, Biden is going to destroy our economy, Nickelback is the greatest rock band ever, and that privatization of the NAS is the only true way forward to a better life. None of the above is even negotiable and is so steeped in facts that it literally cannot be denied.
I may not be autistic enough for this job...

Actually it was. Years ago the minimum wage was meant as the minimum living wage-not the closest we can get to slavery at 39.9 hours with no benefits.

The media has convinced you of your statement as minimum wage has risen with (college costs, housing costs, etc)

Your ignorance doesn't matter to me but just so you know

Random ass question, does anyone know why some people’s PIV says “FAA” and others “DOT?” The original one I got in OKC said FAA then I had to get a replacement and the new one said DOT. Are badges just sponsored on the department level now?

Random ass question, does anyone know why some people’s PIV says “FAA” and others “DOT?” The original one I got in OKC said FAA then I had to get a replacement and the new one said DOT. Are badges just sponsored on the department level now?
I miss the green ones. What was the question again?

Yes

They changed it a few years back or something, that's how you can tell who the new guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom