Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question time for the "At my Z" folks. Yesterday our TRACON went ATC-0 for a few hours so ZJX took over the airspace. A bunch of things didn't make sense especially since they have radar to the ground here, but my number 1 question is why would they change the squawk of an IFR air carrier? Say DAL has an assigned code of 2607 he already has his clearance and a time and as he's taxiing center changes his squawk to 0700. This never happens with the TRACON but within the span of 3 hours it happened multiple times with center.

I might buy 1000 of DOGECOIN and see what kind of ride that takes me on...
I hopped on that train. Because YOLO

Question time for the "At my Z" folks. Yesterday our TRACON went ATC-0 for a few hours so ZJX took over the airspace. A bunch of things didn't make sense especially since they have radar to the ground here, but my number 1 question is why would they change the squawk of an IFR air carrier? Say DAL has an assigned code of 2607 he already has his clearance and a time and as he's taxiing center changes his squawk to 0700. This never happens with the TRACON but within the span of 3 hours it happened multiple times with center.
Center called to change it or the strip changed? Because if the flight plan ages out it’ll change like that, 1400, 5100, etc. then when it departs in ERAM it will tag up the previous code again

Center called to change it or the strip changed? Because if the flight plan ages out it’ll change like that, 1400, 5100, etc. then when it departs in ERAM it will tag up the previous code again
It wasn't close to timing out probably within 10 minutes of it's proposed time. A few times they called then sent over a new strip and the rest we just got the new strip with the code.

I like the VFIAX-S&P 500 Index Fund. (500 US companies) The VTSAX you mentioned invests in all US equites, a much broader spectrum. Check on it for yourself, see what you think sir
Thank you. I’m always interested in stonks

Yeah, being surrounded by people who will screw you over in a heartbeat for a wet cheeto will do that.
I would say three years into the Agency is about when I converted on that too, maybe it's just the natural progression of things?
Yeah, it was 3 years for me too, but before I viewed it as potentially screwing the operation, not my coworkers. When I saw nobody else gave a crap, I stopped too.

In the 7 years since, I've never felt my bang outs had any real impact on others (maybe with a very rare exception), and I've never felt other's bang outs have an impact on me.

If too many people bang, facility goes to alert status, oh well.
If somebody was counting on staffing to take spot leave, they can either suck it up, or if it's important enough, they can bang out too.

Yeah, it was 3 years for me too, but before I viewed it as potentially screwing the operation, not my coworkers. When I saw nobody else gave a crap, I stopped too.

In the 7 years since, I've never felt my bang outs had any real impact on others (maybe with a very rare exception), and I've never felt other's bang outs have an impact on me.

If too many people bang, facility goes to alert status, oh well.
If somebody was counting on staffing to take spot leave, they can either suck it up, or if it's important enough, they can bang out too.
Also banging in at or near minimum staffing often means someone will get a call for OT. Most people love that, the people who hate it generally know not to answer the phone. So banging in, as rare as I have done it, I don't think I was screwing anyone as much as hooking someone up for a rare OT shift.

Also banging in at or near minimum staffing often means someone will get a call for OT. Most people love that, the people who hate it generally know not to answer the phone. So banging in, as rare as I have done it, I don't think I was screwing anyone as much as hooking someone up for a rare OT shift.
True for places that haven’t been 6/1 since June with mandatory OT lol. Then you just get shorter and shorter. Maybe if you’re “lucky” ? a Sup will come in for OT.

Working on my taxes.... anyone know what box 14 on our w2 represents? Of the possible categories it fits in, only thing that makes sense is NATCA dues but they don't add up. My box 14 code is 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom