Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im honestly interested in seeing what union leadership will look like in the following years. For those trainees who’ve endured COVID training holds I’d imagine once they certify trying to make active movement in the union is a priority
In taking a look at ALPA-pilot‘s union, for a long time union leadership was a fraternity of senior guys, top heavy. So they prioritized benefits, pay rates, etc to top end of seniority list. Recent union leadership has had more involvement from more junior people, better representation for that end of employee group

All I hear is nightmares about being facrep. Can anyone explain why you’d want to do it? Genuinely curious.

In taking a look at ALPA-pilot‘s union, for a long time union leadership was a fraternity of senior guys, top heavy. So they prioritized benefits, pay rates, etc to top end of seniority list. Recent union leadership has had more involvement from more junior people, better representation for that end of employee group
This is exactly what our union needs, representation for the trainee

Im honestly interested in seeing what union leadership will look like in the following years. For those trainees who’ve endured COVID training holds I’d imagine once they certify trying to make active movement in the union is a priority
I'm more interested in the potential exodus of people from the union. There are plenty of people fed up with the leadership and its bullshit.

I'm more interested in the potential exodus of people from the union. There are plenty of people fed up with the leadership and its bullshit.
I would say the overwhelming majority of current AGs are on board with getting out after certifying. Obviously they can’t do anything before then out of fear of being blacklisted.

let us focus on removing gender based things from the aviation industry. #fail #SF1188

Attachments

• 273BAAAB-4C34-41D6-9732-3F5CD028386F.jpeg
    273BAAAB-4C34-41D6-9732-3F5CD028386F.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
There will be no change. Even 32 who bitched the most out of any trainee in the history of trainees hasn’t left the union.

Plus there is new leadership coming in giving them all an out from all the shit they’ve been talking.

There will be no change. Even 32 who bitched the most out of any trainee in the history of trainees hasn’t left the union.

Plus there is new leadership coming in giving them all an out from all the shit they’ve been talking.
As a trainee, you are stuck. But a CPC 10 years from retirement, and a lifer at your facility. Why keep paying? I wouldn't be shocked if we lose 15-20% of our CPCs at the end of the year. And I don't blame them.

As a trainee, you are stuck. But a CPC 10 years from retirement, and a lifer at your facility. Why keep paying? I wouldn't be shocked if we lose 15-20% of our CPCs at the end of the year. And I don't blame them.
I wouldn’t blame them. But he’s a CPC now, good to go! I don’t think many will bounce from the union, they are all talk. But we will see.

Forgot to update! Last week, my girl got a call to return to the facility the next day. Still no real training plan but they're talking like they want to make the recert process for her A/D-sides pretty quick and painless. They're letting her on the floor, thankfully, and she's pretty thrilled to discover that it all feels more or less familiar.

A couple of legitimately high risk folks started back the same day - didn't think they required vax waivers, but maybe I misunderstood? Seems they're being given a pass about the paid year off, no real shit talking.

Forgot to update! Last week, my girl got a call to return to the facility the next day. Still no real training plan but they're talking like they want to make the recert process for her A/D-sides pretty quick and painless. They're letting her on the floor, thankfully, and she's pretty thrilled to discover that it all feels more or less familiar.

A couple of legitimately high risk folks started back the same day - didn't think they required vax waivers, but maybe I misunderstood? Seems they're being given a pass about the paid year off, no real shit talking.
Nobody shit talks to peoples faces. There might be little drops of it for a year or so then it’ll be forgotten. By then we will all be complaining about the weiservirus, or maybe how our contract gives us more than 2% pay raise next year through renegotiations.

Wow dude. I’m living rent free in your head. I never mention your name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom