Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen them work to save an assholes job even. Ended up swapping someone at a different facility pretty much next pay period.
I've heard of it happening. All heresay at this point as I wasn't actually at the facs they happened at when they happened, but basically ya the argument that gets made is "I can't get fair treatment at this fac after incident xxx, I need to go elshwere" and the FAA does that as part of a settlement of some sort.
Yeah there's a lot of fuckery involved here I think. If it works, I think it sends a message that there's no glory in playing it straight by the rules. It pays to be a scammer.

Yeah there's a lot of fuckery involved here I think. If it works, I think it sends a message that there's no glory in playing it straight by the rules. It pays to be a scammer.
I’d say that it does pay to be a scammer. But how far down the deep end do you want to go?

I’d say that it does pay to be a scammer. But how far down the deep end do you want to go?
"scamming" is all perspective.

Sometimes you Gotta massage the system a bit to make it work for you, in the end you gotta be looking out for yourself, because no one else is, certainly not like you are.

Not your coworkers, not NATCA, and sure as shit not the agency or management. Just don't throw anyone in front of the bus in doing so, and let people think what they want.

Im aware of a small handful of discrimination and harassment suites-they weren't done to transfer

I've heard of it happening. All heresay at this point as I wasn't actually at the facs they happened at when they happened, but basically ya the argument that gets made is "I can't get fair treatment at this fac after incident xxx, I need to go elshwere" and the FAA does that as part of a settlement of some sort.
I assume that it’s part of a lawsuit? Due to your wording of “settlement”

I never understand this sort of movement. ATC is a small world. Word travels. Unless it’s absolutely true, why would you scam the system like that. If the incoming facility is going to hear that the only reason you transferred was as a settlement offer I feel you’re creating a target - I mean hostile work environment- all over again

I never understand this sort of movement. ATC is a small world. Word travels. Unless it’s absolutely true, why would you scam the system like that. If the incoming facility is going to hear that the only reason you transferred was as a settlement offer I feel you’re creating a target - I mean hostile work environment- all over again
I doubt someone doing that would care as long as they ended up where they want. Especially if they get back home or where they know people, not like they need friends from work at that point.

Yeah but if you leave a hostile work environment and then go somewhere else. Which shouldn’t be discussed because NDAs are sent I believe, show up at new facility and they know about it and becomes another hostile environment, lawsuit would go again and $$$ would be involved as well as you proving you taking leave to refrain from it, being reimbursed.

The whole point is, if there truly is a hostile environment, do what you have to do. If not don’t scam it. If you haven’t heard about NDAs being signed, you haven’t had the luxury of being involved

Yes word travels, but as you’ve seen NCEPT is a bitch and it is absolutely akin to playing the lottery. From gains to releases and FacReps / ATMs making shitty selections for their boys or hot girls, it can be a pain getting where you want to end up.

I have yet to see an actual hardship, scam or otherwise, have difficulty in training due to their method of movement. Mostly I’ve seen people happy with the bump in seniority, if they are above them obviously. If a scam brought in a new guy at the top of seniority that would be interesting lol.

Yes word travels, but as you’ve seen NCEPT is a bitch and it is absolutely akin to playing the lottery. From gains to releases and FacReps / ATMs making shitty selections for their boys or hot girls, it can be a pain getting where you want to end up.

I have yet to see an actual hardship, scam or otherwise, have difficulty in training due to their method of movement. Mostly I’ve seen people happy with the bump in seniority, if they are above them obviously. If a scam brought in a new guy at the top of seniority that would be interesting lo

I have yet to see an actual hardship, scam or otherwise, have difficulty in training due to their method of movement. Mostly I’ve seen people happy with the bump in seniority, if they are above them obviously. If a scam brought in a new guy at the top of seniority that would be interesting lol.
Plus-who ACTUALLY cares. You think it matters after a few months. There's always dumb shit rolling around the tower cab. Management or the union will do something that's the talk of the town within a few months of a transfer

Why is there such a disconnect between what the membership knows/inputs and what the union does?

Why is there such a disconnect between what the membership knows/inputs and what the union does?
Because they do what’s best to look after themselves. They need members to keep money pouring in. They need all them pac contributions to take their friends out to dinner in Washington. You want to buy someone else dinner, I’ll send you my venmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom