Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! I was explaining why your name comes to mind when talking about trainees who bitch about NATCA incessantly, have since certified and still won’t leave the union.

I think anyone who visits these boards knows the name 32 is synonymous with whiny trainee.
wE WaNt tRaInEeS ThAt wAnT To tRaIn

Nope! I was explaining why your name comes to mind when talking about trainees who bitch about NATCA incessantly, have since certified and still won’t leave the union.

I think anyone who visits these boards knows the name 32 is synonymous with whiny trainee.
Maybe he complained because NATCA did precisely fuck all in helping trainees get back to work in 14 months. NATCA made is crystal clear they don't give two shits about trainees, hell not even an email saying they "discussed" back pay for training delays.

Maybe he complained because NATCA did precisely fuck all in helping trainees get back to work in 14 months. NATCA made is crystal clear they don't give two shits about trainees, hell not even an email saying they "discussed" back pay for training delays.
1619983549309.gif
Im the whiney trainee now.

I understand where they are coming from as I stated in the original post. I just don’t think many people are going to leave the union over it. I was using 32 as an example of a newly certified person who was the most vocal here about it and isn’t going to leave the union. That I don’t think there will be a mass exodus etc.

I’ve taken training delays at every facility I’ve been at and I hate them with a passion lol. Nothing worse than rotting on data or d side waiting to actually progress.

I also don’t harp on trainees like he is implying above. I was off for a time at the beginning of Covid and studied quite a bit, but eventually I ran out of material and ways to make the information stick.

I was actually quite lucky to get recalled last summer. I really wouldn’t have been able to handle it if I was still out

I was using 32 as an example of a newly certified person who was the most vocal here about it and isn’t going to leave the union. That I don’t think there will be a mass exodus etc.
That's a fair point, he should be leading by example.

Has anyone ever heard of/seen people offered transfers to new facilities following workplace disputes? i.e. hostile work environment, unfair treatment, etc...

Has anyone ever heard of/seen people offered transfers to new facilities following workplace disputes? i.e. hostile work environment, unfair treatment, etc...
If you document it well enough and get a lawyer, I’d say you’d have a fast ticket out

No, have you?
If you document it well enough and get a lawyer, I’d say you’d have a fast ticket out
We had a hostile work investigation a couple years ago and the person who brought the complaint forward was supposedly offered a transfer but wanted $ instead and now I suspect we have something similar going on but it's more of just a scam to get out of this black hole. Would be a real shame if it works.

We had a hostile work investigation a couple years ago and the person who brought the complaint forward was supposedly offered a transfer but wanted $ instead and now I suspect we have something similar going on but it's more of just a scam to get out of this black hole. Would be a real shame if it works.
Seen them work to save an assholes job even. Ended up swapping someone at a different facility pretty much next pay period.

I've heard of it happening. All heresay at this point as I wasn't actually at the facs they happened at when they happened, but basically ya the argument that gets made is "I can't get fair treatment at this fac after incident xxx, I need to go elshwere" and the FAA does that as part of a settlement of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom