Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they do what’s best to look after themselves. They need members to keep money pouring in. They need all them pac contributions to take their friends out to dinner in Washington. You want to buy someone else dinner, I’ll send you my venmo
Not sure it’s an accurate comparison, but I still compare NATCA to ALPA/pilot’s union. And I‘m not particularly fond of unions In general. But APLA holds frequent, well attended meetings. There is constant email correspondence between all levels of the pilot group and union leadership. If an elected rep fails to represent, they are called to step down. It’s not uncommon for an area of the contract to be membership ratified/voted on. So it’s gotta start with controllers, get active, demand transparency and accountability.

They don’t even say what they are doing so like did anyone even know this was happening?
Yeah this came out of the blue as far as I was aware. Like I knew contract negotiations were going to start sometime soonish, and I was happy about them happening under a Biden admin, and then this email. Bam.

I (like that guy at OKC, sorry I forgot your name) am disappointed that there wasn't a competitive election for prez/EVP. To me that speaks to the complacency that the workforce has regarding the union. I'm a new guy, I never had to work under the White Book, I don't want to have to work under the White Book. But I was just having this discussion the other day with someone who did—it seems like people take things for granted these days, partly because the union is pretty strong right now, partly because this "kindlier, gentler FAA" is very different from the asinine things that happened under the White Book.

It's great to be collaborating with the agency on everything, and it's definitely better than the alternative, but I don't want the upper levels of the union to feel like they have more in common with their agency counterparts than with controllers in the field. And that's a definite concern when we have people like Rinaldi who haven't controlled traffic in a decade and a half or more running the union.

I just wish whoever it was on here who said he'd toss his hat into the ring for prez actually did.

Yah that’s their biggest problem IMO. I guarantee if I ask my rep about this he won’t know anything either and any concerns would just die out
ROFL, my rep last time got upset I posted on the message board the bringing people back like 3 weeks ago. So this time I asked if he was gonna say something first, which he then sent a message out. That’s the biggest issue I have.

I think if they offered more of the “cool assignments” to the younger members there would be more interaction. But most stuff goes to the people already in with the cool crowd

Prediction: not much will change, because most of us (talking mostly about me) prefer to not get involved, prefer to just make smart ass, pissy comments ?

Old but Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom