Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe it is the approach facility for the second busiest airport in the world...
Or maybe it is the approach facility for the second busiest airport in the world...
DEN? Nah. Top 5 aircraft movement. Top 20 passenger traffic. Undisputed #1 in TMU over restrictions, shutoffs, and metroplex micromanagement. No offense if you’re a D01 controller.

DEN? Nah. Top 5 aircraft movement. Top 20 passenger traffic. Undisputed #1 in TMU over restrictions, shutoffs, and metroplex micromanagement. No offense if you’re a D01 controller.

the ? went down to

giphy.gif

He has great at home study material if you’re interested !

Don’t worry, guys. My Zoom instructor says the FAA doesn’t want to pay us to sit at home anymore, so we’re stretching out training by listening to audio clips for 3 hours. “If we finish refresher training, the agency will want to stop paying you.” It’s okay though, because my NATCA rep told me not to worry too much!

Lol refresher training! I haven’t even completed sims for my d sides yet and we went over d side classes again plus stage 4 classes. Now we are back doing AT basics from okc, thankfully not all of it because some of it is “too basic”

So question for the folks that actually understand all this NCEPT math... I remember reading that there was a bit of a backlog of CPC-IT right now sorting of jamming up moving for a lot of folks. Does the post covid "cert on the traffic you got" mentality help clear that up faster? Assuming we ever train again obviously. And would that have a positive domino effect on movement? Sorry I haven't mastered the NCEPT game yet and I'd love to not talk about how much money we're all losing or furlough.

Don’t worry, guys. My Zoom instructor says the FAA doesn’t want to pay us to sit at home anymore, so we’re stretching out training by listening to audio clips for 3 hours. “If we finish refresher training, the agency will want to stop paying you.” It’s okay though, because my NATCA rep told me not to worry too much!
So even though every NATCA rep out there has insisted that furloughs have never even been discussed, this confirms the Zoom classes are nothing more than busy work to avoid furloughs?

According to my training department, that’s exactly correct.

Pretty certain your training department is speculating, and they haven't actually heard that.
They probably have some directive to continue zoom classes, and in order to accomplish that they will do whatever they have to and say whatever they need to... I guess that includes 3 hours of daily ...I.E... Live ATC.

Pretty certain your training department is speculating, and they haven't actually heard that.
They probably have some directive to continue zoom classes, and in order to accomplish that they will do whatever they have to and say whatever they need to... I guess that includes 3 hours of daily ...I.E... Live ATC.
I think it’s pretty clear the whole Zoom thing is intended to be busywork to avoid furloughs. The idea popped up almost overnight and was issued to facilities with absolutely 0 guidance other than “do it.” Every place is doing them a little bit differently, and nobody anywhere thinks they’re actually useful.

I guarantee you someone in a suit somewhere got pissed about a bunch of people being paid to sit around doing nothing so they said “figure out some work from home solution or furloughs are coming.”

I think it’s pretty clear the whole Zoom thing is intended to be busywork to avoid furloughs. The idea popped up almost overnight and was issued to facilities with absolutely 0 guidance other than “do it.” Every place is doing them a little bit differently, and nobody anywhere thinks they’re actually useful.

I guarantee you someone in a suit somewhere got pissed about a bunch of people being paid to sit around doing nothing so they said “figure out some work from home solution or furloughs are coming.”
That’s a pretty neat story dude

everyone at home signed work from home agreements per the OPM policies, right?

That’s a pretty neat story dude
Well consider the alternative. The only other explanation is that someone, solely out of the goodness of their heart, said “hey, we should come up with something to help trainees get some refresher!” And based on that, the agency (with NATCA signing off) decided to implement a new program overnight for every facility in the country. Does that sound like the FAA to you?

My take is this: There is no furlough worry. None. The reason they are doing the zoom classes is to appease higher ups that employees are gone to social distance and be safe while also “productive”. If anything came up you wouldn’t be furloughed. You would be immediately recalled and sit in the study room at work twiddling your thumbs. This is the agency’s way of continuing to allow people to remain home. Nothing to do with furloughs.

Soss is it politically correct to like hillbilly rock, or will that get you cancelled? asking for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom