Slate Book extended until July 2026

Absolutely agree. Well said.

Just hate those types at work that speak like they always know better or always want something different regardless and then never actually get involved with the difficulties of union management relations. Sometimes things aren’t so black and white.
Ok but the biggest concern is pushing it to 2026 past a possible dem administration. Unless we are just going to keep the skate book for 30 year?

A lot of ideas have been put in this thread you can read them.

id like more schedule flexibility so we can get more and better rest.

i would have like them to explore getting us bigger raises because why not?

I just think they should have taken this opportunity to negotiate for us since it’s a much better time then it would have been under Trump.
The orange man is gone he can't hurt you anymore.
Absolutely agree. Well said.

Just hate those types at work that speak like they always know better or always want something different regardless and then never actually get involved with the difficulties of union management relations. Sometimes things aren’t so black and white.

I mean ideally..... I think when they sent out the North Korea style one choice ballot info for the election, this should have been brought up, and maybe put to a vote by the workforce.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember getting a vote on the contract initially, shouldn't I get a vote on extending it, and maybe some input on changes I (we'd) like put in?

You can't do shit like that and then question why a large chunk of the workforce doesn't want to get engaged with union stuff. The overwhelming message most of us get is "it's a club and you ain't in it, now get back to work and we will decide what's best for you, DON'T FORGET TO DONATE TO THE PAC"!

I mean ideally..... I think when they sent out the North Korea style one choice ballot info for the election, this should have been brought up, and maybe put to a vote by the workforce.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember getting a vote on the contract initially, shouldn't I get a vote on extending it, and maybe some input on changes I (we'd) like put in?

You can't do shit like that and then question why a large chunk of the workforce doesn't want to get engaged with union stuff. The overwhelming message most of us get is "it's a club and you ain't in it, now get back to work and we will decide what's best for you, DON'T FORGET TO DONATE TO THE PAC"!
I agree with having the conversation about most of this and its all important. But caring about the National and not about local is where I have the problem, because for us, most quality of life discussions can be significantly handled locally. This is like giving a crap about Biden getting elected cuz think your taxes will go up but then not voting or caring in the state elections where they raise your property taxes 10percent. Or not voting on the school budget cuz they want to raise it for bullshit.

I agree Stuff like this should always be voted, but a union head can’t tell the work force everything because it’ll tip their hand to the opposite side by someone on the know, you know it’ll get out. It’s hard to deal with this stuff.

That last comment is right on. Union: keep your mouth shut, we got this. We know more about what you think you want than you do! If anybody was around ATL couple years ago (Delta) that was exact feeling with the union. there was a big push from another union, came to a fairly close vote. After that ALPA was all like-oh we‘re listening. Some push needs to be put on NATCA to at least accept some input

I’m talking about things like keeping early shoves so you don’t have to sit around for 45 minutes before your 8.5 hours turn.
How about take leave?

That last comment is right on. Union: keep your mouth shut, we got this. We know more about what you think you want than you do! If anybody was around ATL couple years ago (Delta) that was exact feeling with the union. there was a big push from another union, came to a fairly close vote. After that ALPA was all like-oh we‘re listening. Some push needs to be put on NATCA to at least accept some input
Why should National take you seriously if you aren’t involved locally?

I agree with having the conversation about most of this and its all important. But caring about the National and not about local is where I have the problem, because for us, most quality of life discussions can be significantly handled locally. This is like giving a crap about Biden getting elected cuz think your taxes will go up but then not voting or caring in the state elections where they raise your property taxes 10percent. Or not voting on the school budget cuz they want to raise it for bullshit.

I agree Stuff like this should always be voted, but a union head can’t tell the work force everything because it’ll tip their hand to the opposite side by someone on the know, you know it’ll get out. It’s hard to deal with this stuff.
I don't disagree, but how many times have you heard "I'm here to enforce the contract" or "I wish xxxx was different, but this grievance isn't gonna go anywhere, it's not in the contract" at the local level, or go to a big regional or national conference/get together/big wigs coming down to visit the soiled masses at the facility and again be told "we got this great contract because of your PAC money, be sure to donate more of your hard earned dollars to the PAC!" etc..

So you can't simultaneously tell me the contract is the biggest and best thing natca actually does for us as a union, and that at the end of the day thats what natca does for me(I'd agree with this sentiment), and also tell me as a member of that union I shouldn't have a say in what goes on with that contract.

I'm not too butt hurt about the extension, I think the slate book is fine, it's just the lack of transperency.

The Purple Book (staff support) was extended until July 2024.
NAGE (Flight Data) was set to expire this September, and was auto-renewed for another year.
Any MOUs that were part of those agreements were also extended to the new expiration dates.

I'd like a new XBox in the breakroom every time a new version is released. Need that new Series X to play some 4k Apex.

Why are you arguing just to argue? You don’t think there’s anything they can improve?
You commented about a schedule thing, that has to do with local not National, and you already have a solution that exists. You are asking to be paid to not work....I’m not arguing to argue, I’m telling you that you are being unrealistic and a grasping freeloader.

also you were begging to come to work last year now you are saying you don’t want to be there because you are tired. SMH.

You commented about a schedule thing, that has to do with local not National, and you already have a solution that exists. You are asking to be paid to not work....I’m not arguing to argue, I’m telling you that you are being unrealistic and a grasping freeloader.
Lol maybe we can look outside of the confines of 40 hours in a job as unique as ours. I don’t think it’s that crazy of a thought. Also you aren’t exactly working the 45 mins of your shift when you can’t leave.

"NATCA's President-elect Rich Santa and Executive Vice President-elect Andrew LeBovidge stated their support of this MOU extension."

I find this odd that an outgoing President/VP would extend a CBA considering they're both lame ducks. Why wouldn't they wait until the new team took over? They basically took away the opportunity for the new admin to fight for changes, that's pretty wack.
There’s no way they did this without the blessing of the new administration.

Lol maybe we can look outside of the confines of 40 hours in a job as unique as ours. I don’t think it’s that crazy of a thought. Also you aren’t exactly working the 45 mins of your shift when you can’t leave.
I know you aren’t working but being ready to work does count in our unique job. Like firefighters.You are literally asking to do nothing and not be able to work but still get paid because you are tired. Fatigue is a good sick leave excuse.

I know you aren’t working but being ready to work does count in our unique job. Like firefighters.You are literally asking to do nothing and not be able to work but still get paid because you are tired. Fatigue is a good sick leave excuse.
Fighter fighters don’t work 5 8 hour shifts.

no I’m advocating for small schedule changes to make our job safer. This is a pointless argument.

Fighter fighters don’t work 5 8 hour shifts.

no I’m advocating for small schedule changes to make our job safer. This is a pointless argument.
Have you been part of writing the schedule? Negotiated a bws? I’m gonna go with no.
This isn’t a pointless argument when you want National to make mandatory changes that don’t need to be National and can be done locally and you haven’t been part of that process to see how it actually works

I hate the shifts we work but to work a week or this a week of that for everyone, it requires more people.you prob couldn’t swap shifts very often either 4 10s require more people, and can you imagine a 10 hour mid? No thanks. You are either working 8-6 or 10-8 most likely Compound all this with an ncept no one likes now you really have a shit show on your hands.

If only there was a time when submissions were allowed for amendments to our constitution to be voted on at the convention! If only there was a way for you to make your voice heard.....

And if you think unions demanding more and more can’t be detrimental to a union and it’s members look up where part of the Dreamliner is built and why it is there. They are now also contemplating consolidating plants to South Carolina location. Lost jobs in Seattle back when they started building it and now more lost jobs when they consolidate.

If only there was a time when submissions were allowed for amendments to our constitution to be voted on at the convention! If only there was a way for you to make your voice heard.....

And if you think unions demanding more and more can’t be detrimental to a union and it’s members look up where part of the Dreamliner is built and why it is there. They are now also contemplating consolidating plants to South Carolina location. Lost jobs in Seattle back when they started building it and now more lost jobs when they consolidate.
We don’t work in the private sector

Back
Top Bottom