Slate Book extended until July 2026

We don’t work in the private sector
Man you got me there. I guess there are no lessons to learned from any union that isn’t federal. Good call man.

Also ignored the fact that you had the chance to put forth an amendment requiring a vote from the membership on any contract, an extension included recently. But I guess just keep bitching about not having a voice and not getting that EA to drive home while paid.

And I also think they should have asked for better raises, but maybe they did and we don’t know how negotiations went. Maybe with all the stimulus free money the fed is throwing around they didn’t want to look out for the working person.

You guys act like people asking for more is the worst damn shit in the world

Still waiting to see how much you should expect us to get every June. One person so far has said 3.2% or something every year minimum. I think some of you are just greedy.

Oh and 32 talking about us not being in the private sector. Well we aren't yet but if you go around demanding more money and less work every contract I bet we will be a lot sooner. Like I said earlier in this thread. PATCO demanded those things and now theyre gone. Reign in your expectations.

Still waiting to see how much you should expect us to get every June. One person so far has said 3.2% or something every year minimum. I think some of you are just greedy.

Oh and 32 talking about us not being in the private sector. Well we aren't yet but if you go around demanding more money and less work every contract I bet we will be a lot sooner. Like I said earlier in this thread. PATCO demanded those things and now theyre gone. Reign in your expectations.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with us getting 3-4% raise guaranteed a year to at least outpace inflation. I get where you’re coming from though about overstepping bounds. I just don’t think shitting on people for wanting better is reasonable. If someone was like yeah we should get 10% a year I’d understand

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with us getting 3-4% raise guaranteed a year to at least outpace inflation. I get where you’re coming from though about overstepping bounds. I just don’t think shitting on people for wanting better is reasonable. If someone was like yeah we should get 10% a year I’d understand
Our raises already outpace inflation. I'm just saying that looking from the other side and you were in literally any other job in the world right now how would you sell yourself? A large portion of our workforce just got the same pay check for working 5 on 10 off, or 5 on 5 off, or not working at all. Plus the fact that traffic is down by like 20%+ still and was down even more than that most of the year at the core-30 airports. Then you add in that we get several hours of breaks a day at many facilities. Then you compare how many people lost jobs over the past year and had to take unemployment while we have this cake job.

I just dont see how people can try to be mad at the union for taking an easy layup deal. Yeah the timing is weird, maybe they should have waited. That's the only legit knock I see.

Man you got me there. I guess there are no lessons to learned from any union that isn’t federal. Good call man.

Also ignored the fact that you had the chance to put forth an amendment requiring a vote from the membership on any contract, an extension included recently. But I guess just keep bitching about not having a voice and not getting that EA to drive home while paid.

And I also think they should have asked for better raises, but maybe they did and we don’t know how negotiations went. Maybe with all the stimulus free money the fed is throwing around they didn’t want to look out for the working person.
Sorry I didn’t put forward and amendment to stop them from doing something no one new they were doing.

he asked for ideas and the early shoves staying be nice. And better raises would be nice. Not mad if I have to work my whole 8 hours. But a little common sense can help us get a little more rest, don’t think it’s such a bad thing

Our raises already outpace inflation. I'm just saying that looking from the other side and you were in literally any other job in the world right now how would you sell yourself? A large portion of our workforce just got the same pay check for working 5 on 10 off, or 5 on 5 off, or not working at all. Plus the fact that traffic is down by like 20%+ still and was down even more than that most of the year at the core-30 airports. Then you add in that we get several hours of breaks a day at many facilities. Then you compare how many people lost jobs over the past year and had to take unemployment while we have this cake job.

I just dont see how people can try to be mad at the union for taking an easy layup deal. Yeah the timing is weird, maybe they should have waited. That's the only legit knock I see.
I’m just suggesting something I think would be fair and isn’t outrageous. I don’t think just become some pandemic cake around that the people who employ us dropped the ball on doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be fighting for higher raises. Just because we did get a great thing, not everyone did, not everyone is still on 5/5. I get what you’re saying that we got something good. That’s the point of a union

Me personally I’m shitting on 32 because the one thing he asked for was to get paid to leave work early because he needs a mid day nap. He’s been certified like a freaking month and that’s the first thing that came to mind and 32 hasn’t been part of scheduling or negotiating a bws to help mitigate his fatigue....get involved locally to solve that problem instead of complaining about National not getting more
God forbid you give him two planes, he’d complain he might have to separate.

Me personally I’m shitting on 32 because the one thing he asked for was to get paid to leave work early because he needs a mid day nap. He’s been certified like a freaking month and that’s the first thing that came to mind and 32 hasn’t been part of scheduling or negotiating a bws to help mitigate his fatigue....get involved locally to solve that problem instead of complaining about National not getting more
God forbid you give him two planes, he’d complain he might have to separate.
Wow I said raises too buddy. We already have article 33. I don’t think leaving when they are done with you is that crazy. But if it’s that offensive then whatever I don’t care.

Wow I said raises too buddy. We already have article 33. I don’t think leaving when they are done with you is that crazy. But if it’s that offensive then whatever I don’t care.
Well you get to work an 8 instead of 8.5. You get to leave 30 min early every day! Your wish has been granted, and I would assume by the union. ?

1.6 is the middle raise the agency gives out. So we’d be negotiating on behalf of management as well because they’re not gonna give BUEs more than their managers. So moving the raise isn’t that simple

Argue about stupid shit all you want but it doesn’t answer how pushing it right past a labor friendly administration makes sense
You don’t even know if they tried. Have you emailed anyone to ask what they attempted to negotiate? I bet you can find who was on the negotiating team somewhere. Guess it’s easier to just get on here and talk shit.

Back
Top Bottom