Slate Book extended until July 2026

Isn't GS pay scale average raise (step increase) around 3%? Not that we should match since we are paid much better in most cases but there is an argument for a bit more.

Wait a minute. All these trainees that were bitching about the union a year ago are now...CPC’s bitching about the union. Who would of thought?

I got paid $640 today and had 6 breaks. And we’re talking about fatigue mitigation? Training is full throttle. High riskers are back. NCEPT is back. Traffic is still pretty dull. This is an easy job. I’m fine with a contract rollover and the pay bumps that are already in it ??‍♂️

1.6 is the middle raise the agency gives out. So we’d be negotiating on behalf of management as well because they’re not gonna give BUEs more than their managers. So moving the raise isn’t that simple
Using this year as an example:
A supervisor that was "fully successful" was given a raise of 1.99% in January.
43.3% of the ATO managers were given that rating. That's inclusive of the government - wide 1% raise. So an extra 0.99% compared to the controller workforce.
Exceeds Expectations was 37.4% with a 2.81% raise.
Significantly Exceeds was 19.2% with a 3.98% raise.
Does Not Meet was 0.2% with a 0% raise.

There's an additional management performance incentive program (MPIP).
That was another 1-3% of pay (no locality).
Fully successful managers at 100,000/year basic pay got a $1,000 lump sum payment in January. That's not added to their base salary.

So while the controllers got the 1% in January and the 1.6% in June all added to their salary, the managers got 1.99% in January and a 1% lump sum.

I'd rather take the controller payments.
Especially when I know of multiple facilities, both big and small, where the ATMs/OMs just gave everyone a "Fully Successful" rating.

Last edited:
It's a good contract. Seems a little early
What facility are you at? Not the case here. They have to go through online zoom classes for a few months and ease into coming back. Our trainees that aren’t certified on anything are still on EA until the gating numbers or whatever it is rise to acceptable level.
same at our tower, unless you had cd you out still

I found out why they renewed right before the new national executive board took over....last page of the slate book. They wanted their names in the new contract for 6 more years.

5B0BEA84-1692-4E7B-9BA0-A821D0E46B50.jpeg

Last edited:
Same at our center, trainees are “waivered in” meaning they go all the way to the top of the building to get them waivers to train, takes a few weeks and the ones getting the waivers are going on annual leave for a few weeks after they get the ok to train. Also covid is no longer a thing, we are forced to have no more than 30% of the area (center environment) on break at any given time.... so in a 7 radar environment with 6 d sides, we had 11 people working today. With 0 on the big board for traffic during some quarters..... all on top of each other but only a couple of the people can train. Training is no where near back to normal

Isn't GS pay scale average raise (step increase) around 3%? Not that we should match since we are paid much better in most cases but there is an argument for a bit more.
The 1.6 is better. Step increases are not annually given. After step 1 you receive a step increase every year to step 4. After that it’s every 2 years to step 7. After that it’s every 3 years to step 10. After that there is nothing. The increases over the years are very similar until you get to step 10 then the 1.6 pulls away. It takes 18 years as CPC to make step 10. Add three years training at a center and you are at 21 years. The means in a 30 year career you would get 9 raises of 1.6 while under the GS scale you were capped. Replacing the step system with the annual 1.6 was one of the better things NATCA negotiated.

Wait a minute. All these trainees that were bitching about the union a year ago are now...CPC’s bitching about the union. Who would of thought?

I got paid $640 today and had 6 breaks. And we’re talking about fatigue mitigation? Training is full throttle. High riskers are back. NCEPT is back. Traffic is still pretty dull. This is an easy job. I’m fine with a contract rollover and the pay bumps that are already in it ??‍♂️

My wife and in-laws love how easy it is for me to get off work but they think our job is mostly a scam with all the breaks and stuff we get. People can bitch about the union all they want but so far they've painted us in a pretty good light in the media.

Back
Top Bottom