Slate Book extended until July 2026

You guys can argue all you want. The facts are the Union should always be trying to get us more money or better QOL. We have a pro labor administration and they punted to the beginning of an unknown possibly non favorable administration.

there was zero risk to negotiate with mayor Pete and they didn’t even try.
The facts are absolutey not that they should always being trying to get us more....it should be to make sure we are not abused and compensated fairly. A little bit of semantics but sorry I don’t think any one has a leg to stand on to say we are not fairly compensated or are not treated well overall. Yes there are isolated abuses but cmon.

Do you know for a fact there was zero risk? If we pushed too hard maybe the next presidency would take it out on us based on our push now. or Maybe they tried and were told not at this time, can we extend?
You have no clue and neither do I.

"NATCA's President-elect Rich Santa and Executive Vice President-elect Andrew LeBovidge stated their support of this MOU extension."

I find this odd that an outgoing President/VP would extend a CBA considering they're both lame ducks. Why wouldn't they wait until the new team took over? They basically took away the opportunity for the new admin to fight for changes, that's pretty wack.

Extending what most people agree is a good contract is a win. While it would have been nice to see some things changed it’s not worth risking opening the whole book to renegotiation when you can easily take what everyone already agrees is a good thing.

Plus, once mayor Pete found out we didn’t work with trains he would have just told the ATO to do whatever they wanted.

Extending what most people agree is a good contract is a win. While it would have been nice to see some things changed it’s not worth risking opening the whole book to renegotiation when you can easily take what everyone already agrees is a good thing.

Plus, once mayor Pete found out we didn’t work with trains he would have just told the ATO to do whatever they wanted.
Every day is a train day

The facts are absolutey not that they should always being trying to get us more....it should be to make sure we are not abused and compensated fairly. A little bit of semantics but sorry I don’t think any one has a leg to stand on to say we are not fairly compensated or are not treated well overall. Yes there are isolated abuses but cmon.

Do you know for a fact there was zero risk? If we pushed too hard maybe the next presidency would take it out on us based on our push now. or Maybe they tried and were told not at this time, can we extend?
What? Every labor contract negotiation in history you should try to get a better contract.

yea there is no way this administration was going to pay us less. Who knows about the next one tho! And the contract didn’t even expire till next year. So there was no reason to punt now.

What? Every labor contract negotiation in history you should try to get a better contract.

yea there is no way this administration was going to pay us less. Who knows about the next one tho! And the contract didn’t even expire till next year. So there was no reason to punt now.
What do you mean? You don’t start negotiating a contract as it’s expiring. This is precisely the time you’d agree to extend so you don’t go through the lengthy and expensive process of negotiations for nothing.

What do you mean? You don’t start negotiating a contract as it’s expiring. This is precisely the time you’d agree to extend so you don’t go through the lengthy and expensive process of negotiations for nothing.
Cus people were talking about it looking bad trying to ask for more money during covid. But they had over a year left to negotiate. But as I said the weirdest thing is ousting it to 26

Cus people were talking about it looking bad trying to ask for more money during covid. But they had over a year left to negotiate. But as I said the weirdest thing is ousting it to 26
Yeah the extension length is a little weird but you could argue the longer the better(giggity).

Do you not think it would look bad?

Also, do you not feel fairly compensated? If not, what would you want different?

I agree only 4 years is puzzling however not surprising. I think this isn’t a loss but gives new leadership the ability to make their own Mark 4 years from now rather than struggling to do so day one. It’s politics
Now

Do you not think it would look bad?

Also, do you not feel fairly compensated? If not, what would you want different?

I agree only 4 years is puzzling however not surprising. I think this isn’t a loss but gives new leadership the ability to make their own Mark 4 years from now rather than struggling to do so day one. It’s politics
Now
But we have an administration that’s favorable to labor now…

I think COVID would have been the best time to ask for more lol. There has never been more free money floating around, and a lot of the last two government stimulus money has not been earmarked yet, why not ask for some? Plus the new infrastructure bill will swell to however many trillion, some of that could have helped pay for expanded controller benefits and that would not be more of a stretch then most of the shit they will build into that bill.

Also controllers did work commuting and on site during the pandemic, they were granted extra time off but they did work through it and at least to some extent put themselves at “risk” by doing so. One of the relief bills championed by the Dems last year called for something nuts like a retroactive $12 a hour payment for anyone in the country who worked during the pandemic, the Hero Act or whatever it was called. So asking for 3.2% rather then 1.6% for one contract cycle I don’t think would have been an absurd ask and could have been attainable.

I think COVID would have been the best time to ask for more lol. There has never been more free money floating around, and a lot of the last two government stimulus money has not been earmarked yet, why not ask for some? Plus the new infrastructure bill will swell to however many trillion, some of that could have helped pay for expanded controller benefits and that would not be more of a stretch then most of the shit they will build into that bill.

Also controllers did work commuting and on site during the pandemic, they were granted extra time off but they did work through it and at least to some extent put themselves at “risk” by doing so. One of the relief bills championed by the Dems last year called for something nuts like a retroactive $12 a hour payment for anyone in the country who worked during the pandemic, the Hero Act or whatever it was called. So asking for 3.2% rather then 1.6% for one contract cycle I don’t think would have been an absurd ask and could have been attainable.
Yah I think they should have asked for more money personally. Just talking through any possible justification for them to just punt

But we have an administration that’s favorable to labor now…
You answered none of the questions. I’m curious what would you want besides more.....

And regardless what our contract is now it can be taken away at anytime. We can’t strike anyway.
Youre of the mindset get what you can when you can and don’t give give a crap about anything else?

You answered none of the questions. I’m curious what would you want besides more.....

And regardless what our contract is now it can be taken away at anytime. We can’t strike anyway.
Youre of the mindset get what you can when you can and don’t give give a crap about anything else?
A lot of ideas have been put in this thread you can read them.

id like more schedule flexibility so we can get more and better rest.

i would have like them to explore getting us bigger raises because why not?

I just think they should have taken this opportunity to negotiate for us since it’s a much better time then it would have been under Trump.

You make a lot of good points. I agreed with most of what you said, at least in principle.

This is the part I have a problem with, and the part I find unacceptable. We all should have a clue. Hard to have a say if you don't have a clue, and isn't that the point of a union?

I just think they should have taken this opportunity to negotiate for us since it’s a much better time then it would have been under Trump.
We just got a full year or more of paid excused absence then was ever intended. I know you might not have liked that but we got compensated to NOT WORK, Maybe it wasn’t worth it to ask for more and keeping good faith and status quo was the better play.

You make a lot of good points. I agreed with most of what you said, at least in principle.

This is the part I have a problem with, and the part I find unacceptable. We all should have a clue. Hard to have a say if you don't have a clue, and isn't that the point of a union?
Absolutely agree. Well said.

Just hate those types at work that speak like they always know better or always want something different regardless and then never actually get involved with the difficulties of union management relations. Sometimes things aren’t so black and white.

We just got a full year or more of paid excused absence then was ever intended. I know you might not have liked that but we got compensated to NOT WORK, Maybe it wasn’t worth it to ask for more and keeping good faith and status quo was the better play.

Yeah most here don't seem to grasp that we just got a ton of free pay for minimal work. All that excused absence means nothing to these people. They have their minds made up that they dont like the union so they can't see any other view point. Have some of you even bought houses? Like when the seller tries to counter offer the buyer can just straight up pull their offer entirely and now you're SOL. The FAA has to negotiate in good faith, if NATCA demands we get a 3.2% raise or whatever along with the presidential raise then they could simply say it's outrageous we ask for that and propose a new harsher contract.

Tell me about the guaranteed raises other unions get with some proof. So far all I'm seeing is opinions and greed.

Also PATCO demanded more money too. They demanded 600 million in raises instead of the 40 million the FAA offered over 3 years as well as a 32 hour work week instead. That worked out well.

Last edited:

Schedule flexibility is up to your local facility. Article 34 BWS MOU

Back
Top Bottom