Slate Book extended until July 2026

My wife and in-laws love how easy it is for me to get off work but they think our job is mostly a scam with all the breaks and stuff we get. People can bitch about the union all they want but so far they've painted us in a pretty good light in the media.
Yeah my in-laws are mad I make more money than them

What facility are you at? Not the case here. They have to go through online zoom classes for a few months and ease into coming back. Our trainees that aren’t certified on anything are still on EA until the gating numbers or whatever it is rise to acceptable level.
I’m at ZDV. There have been at least 3-4 classes since they first let trainees back. The first batch came back in November under the new gating criteria. My d-side trainee got his last 2, waited a few months for radar class. Another trainee went straight to radar and is now working on sectors 3 and 4 out of 7.

In March or April the gating criteria changed for the better. Most of the trainees without certifications went through d-side class already. We have a guy that sat around forever that is now training d-sides on the floor. All or most the high risk EA were recalled in April and went through the training department quickly.

My wife and in-laws love how easy it is for me to get off work but they think our job is mostly a scam with all the breaks and stuff we get. People can bitch about the union all they want but so far they've painted us in a pretty good light in the media.
Exactly. Both my sisters have Masters degrees and can’t stand that I make more than them. Since I’m just an uneducated veteran and all. My wife is a cop and she still can’t understand all the breaks we get, shift changes, spot leave, etc.

I get that we should always try and negotiate for more but sometimes if it’s working just let it work. I’m not even sure the old contract had the June raises in there. The white book for damn sure didn’t. I do agree that this contract rollover could’ve been shorter but it is what it is.

Argue about stupid shit all you want but it doesn’t answer how pushing it right past a labor friendly administration makes sense
I haven’t seen anyone on here list a contract article they’re unhappy with except the pay. So I was just saying hey the pay’s not that simple is all. Yeah we’d all like more pay. We’d all support it.
There was obviously a meeting to sign this MOU and we don’t know what was discussed beforehand.
I’ll defend the extension in that it’s our best contract so now we have the best contract for 10 years.
Personally I think you could make an argument for an OJTI increase. There are some facilities where 10% is just miles away from worth it.
There are other areas that could be improved upon but you can also address anything with an MOU so the foundation is in place still and it’s solid.
Everyone hates NCEPT but that’s not a contract article. And they don’t even hate NCEPT in and of itself they hate the National Release Policy MOU on which it’s built.
And a message board is not where your voice is heard you’re wasting your time.

Saw this on FB, made me laugh.
This is pretty funny, I think that the last four years dealt a huge blow to the argument that who is in control of the executive office and Congress matters.

It used to, it used to for sure as you seen with the green book under Clinton, the white book under Bush, then Obama breaking the white book.

But now we were exempt from all of the “dreaded” Trump executive orders when he was in control and the GOP had all three branches. It didn’t matter. Now the Dems have all three and vowed to be the most pro-labor administration ever. It didn’t matter.

Not sure what changed behind the scenes, NATCA has huge political influence for a smaller union and is well organized to leverage it, I wish they would have used it.

This is pretty funny, I think that the last four years dealt a huge blow to the argument that who is in control of the executive office and Congress matters.

It used to, it used to for sure as you seen with the green book under Clinton, the white book under Bush, then Obama breaking the white book.

But now we were exempt from all of the “dreaded” Trump executive orders when he was in control and the GOP had all three branches. It didn’t matter. Now the Dems have all three and vowed to be the most pro-labor administration ever. It didn’t matter.

Not sure what changed behind the scenes, NATCA has huge political influence for a smaller union and is well organized to leverage it, I wish they would have used it.
Used it for what, specifics

I’ll defend the extension in that it’s our best contract so now we have the best contract for 10 years.
Sure, but now we're going into a new administration (there's no way Biden runs again IMO) and unknown territory. I would have preferred a one- or two-year extension, putting us around 2023/2024. Now you've had time to work with Mayor Pete's office, the ex-Delta CEO is potentially no longer FAA Administrator, then you can decide if you want to extend it even more or go into negotiations.

I haven’t seen anyone on here list a contract article they’re unhappy with except the pay.
There's lots of things we could potentially negotiate. Guaranteed hazard pay if there's another pandemic maybe. Guaranteed electric vehicle charging stations instead of "we'll make a workgroup to think about it" and then nothing. Maybe 100% FEHB premium coverage for FERS-FRAE employees to make up for the extra retirement contribution we pay compared to the old guys. Codify what happens to controllers if a tower is contracted out, or an article preventing it altogether, or making it contingent on a vote at the facility. Those are just some things I came up with in three minutes off the top of my head.

But now we were exempt from all of the “dreaded” Trump executive orders when he was in control and the GOP had all three branches. It didn’t matter.
Literally the only reason we were exempt is because we had the contract, so this argument has zero merit.

Now the Dems have all three and vowed to be the most pro-labor administration ever. It didn’t matter.
Yeah, this is why I'm frustrated with Paul and Trish. I just don't get it.

The reasoning I heard for the extension vs a new contract was there was consideration to not burden the new Executive President and Executive Vice President with new contract negotiations immediately upon taking office, irrespective of whether there was an actual campaign and election, etc. So that does explain a simple extension, say 2 years or so - maybe the timing of everything coming due with new people involved all at once wasn't great.

However it does not explain the 4 year extension, I agree a 1 or 2 year would have been more preferable for me.

The reasoning I heard for the extension vs a new contract was there was consideration to not burden the new Executive President and Executive Vice President with new contract negotiations immediately upon taking office, irrespective of whether there was an actual campaign and election, etc. So that does explain a simple extension, say 2 years or so - maybe the timing of everything coming due with new people involved all at once wasn't great.

However it does not explain the 4 year extension, I agree a 1 or 2 year would have been more preferable for me.
I don’t know man, NATCA has a contract team that is well trained and groomed for years. It is exactly so the contract thing does not dominate the President and VP. Also everyone on the executive board has a decade plus of high level NATCA experience so they are used to being busy and juggling things.

I was actually wondering the opposite. What is the new incoming executive board going to focus it’s time and attention too, now that they have no election, no contract to worry about, no significant constitutional change amendments at convention to debate, and the Covid thing basically behind everyone?

Used it for what, specifics
Raises that will keep up with inflation.

No shot this is true

Sure, but now we're going into a new administration (there's no way Biden runs again IMO) and unknown territory. I would have preferred a one- or two-year extension, putting us around 2023/2024. Now you've had time to work with Mayor Pete's office, the ex-Delta CEO is potentially no longer FAA Administrator, then you can decide if you want to extend it even more or go into negotiations.
This is very valid and if the wokies burn down the country we're going to be negotiating the next contract with Ted Cruz who would cut our pay just to own the libs.

I was actually wondering the opposite. What is the new incoming executive board going to focus it’s time and attention too, now that they have no election, no contract to worry about, no significant constitutional change amendments at convention to debate, and the Covid thing basically behind everyone?
Removing any word with the characters “man” from every FAA document in existence.

It wasn’t even expiring this year tho lol

Removing any word with the characters “man” from every FAA document in existence.
GIF by WWE

Back
Top Bottom