STARS data block/adaptations

Good news, progress has been made. The issue I am running into now is that the when I put the altitude in the data blow (example +030) it continually alternates with the type of approach I put in the data block (+GPS/TAC). My memory is slightly fuzzy but was there a way to stop it alternating every 3-5 seconds and permanently leave both displayed?

Why the plus in front of the approach? That puts it in the secondary scratchpad. What's wrong with using the primary scratchpad?

This is probably very location-dependent but we have several options:
  • Primary scratchpad: left side of datablock, shares with Mode C altitude.
    • MF, Y, then 1/2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • Implied command: 2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • To clear: MF, Y, slew-enter. Implied command: type the exact scratchpad contents, slew-enter.
  • Secondary scratchpad: left side of datablock, shares with Mode C and primary scratchpad. When displayed, shows a + between the left scratchpad area and the right type/speed readout.
    • MF, Y, +, then 1/2/3 alphanumerics.
    • Implied command: + then 2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • To clear: MF, Y, +, slew-enter. Implied command: + then the exact contents, slew-enter.
  • Pilot-reported altitude: left side of datablock, replaces missing Mode C. When displayed, shows a * between the left scratchpad area and the right type/speed readout.
    • Three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: 000, slew-enter.
  • Assigned altitude: third line of datablock (prefixed with A).
    • + then three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: +000, slew-enter.
  • Requested altitude: right side of datablock (prefixed with R), shares with a/c type and speed readout.
    • ++ then three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: ++000, slew-enter.

Why the plus in front of the approach? That puts it in the secondary scratchpad. What's wrong with using the primary scratchpad?

This is probably very location-dependent but we have several options:
  • Primary scratchpad: left side of datablock, shares with Mode C altitude.
    • MF, Y, then 1/2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • Implied command: 2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • To clear: MF, Y, slew-enter. Implied command: type the exact scratchpad contents, slew-enter.
  • Secondary scratchpad: left side of datablock, shares with Mode C and primary scratchpad. When displayed, shows a + between the left scratchpad area and the right type/speed readout.
    • MF, Y, +, then 1/2/3 alphanumerics.
    • Implied command: + then 2/3 alphanumerics, slew-enter.
    • To clear: MF, Y, +, slew-enter. Implied command: + then the exact contents, slew-enter.
  • Pilot-reported altitude: left side of datablock, replaces missing Mode C. When displayed, shows a * between the left scratchpad area and the right type/speed readout.
    • Three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: 000, slew-enter.
  • Assigned altitude: third line of datablock (prefixed with A).
    • + then three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: +000, slew-enter.
  • Requested altitude: right side of datablock (prefixed with R), shares with a/c type and speed readout.
    • ++ then three numbers, slew-enter.
    • To clear: ++000, slew-enter.
I'll give it a try on Tuesday, tbh I have always used +GPS/TAC/ILS

Back
Top Bottom