TBD (Q1) 2021

Some of saw what was going to happen day 1 of this. I still can’t believe people don’t understand the consequences of staying on 5/10 or 5/5.
Yep, absolutely. And in response to Mike Kilo point, there were definitely some people who thought everything was going to be fine and there’d be no consequences to a 6+ month training hold and everyone fighting like hell to stay on reduced staffing schedules. Either that, or they just didn’t want to believe it. Luckily NCEPT seems to be the worst of it thus far and we never actually saw furloughs or anything.

Yep, absolutely. And in response to Mike Kilo point, there were definitely some people who thought everything was going to be fine and there’d be no consequences to a 6+ month training hold and everyone fighting like hell to stay on reduced staffing schedules. Luckily NCEPT seems to be the worst of it thus far and we never actually saw furloughs or anything.
We have been cleared to start training while still on the 5/5 schedule but because the trainees have to be used for staffing we will hardly get any meaningful training. What a joke.

Some of saw what was going to happen day 1 of this. I still can’t believe people don’t understand the consequences of staying on 5/10 or 5/5.
I don’t remember seeing anyone who didn’t understand the consequences of covid schedule. It was either they didn’t give a shit or they thought it was worth it to keep people out of the building for safety reasons. Some CPCs were even against it.

Wasn’t that literally the problem with the level 4 remote pilot getting selected? She had connections and scammed her way from one of the slowest towers in the NAS to the busiest.
ORD has had enough problems with wash outs as it is. They had the opportunity to pick up the daughter of two accomplished ORD controllers, can you really blame them?

ORD has had enough problems with wash outs as it is. They had the opportunity to pick up the daughter of two accomplished ORD controllers, can you really blame them?
If there were more qualified candidates, yah I can. Just cuz mommy and daddy can do the job doesn’t mean their kid can. Sitting around doing nothing for the winter, 6 months a year, at a low level VFR tower doesn’t really qualify you to work busy traffic. Unless the other candidates sucked, then go team. And yes I know where someone is initially placed doesn’t mean that can’t work busy traffic.

Aw of course, why has no one told HR about this, we should use the fully baked creampies as candidates and not the spunk socks...

Hell fucking yeah I can. My dad and older brother are accomplished firefighters. Hasn’t helped my little brother one bit in getting hired. He’s having to do everything my dad and older brother did and more to try and get a job. Family shouldn’t have shit to do with it. How can anyone try to justify sending a controller from a place that does 100 ops a day to one that does 2000+ ?

I'm amused people think they can tell the ATM how to make their rankings list. Ultimately it is the ATM's facility to staff as they see fit.
If this were true we wouldn’t have ncept and they’d staff controller positions like they do supervisors.

You’d think with how awful some of the success rates are at big facilities they get rid of the ranking list because obviously some of these managers don’t know what they are doing when they rank people.

Hell fucking yeah I can. My dad and older brother are accomplished firefighters. Hasn’t helped my little brother one bit in getting hired. He’s having to do everything my dad and older brother did and more to try and get a job. Family shouldn’t have shit to do with it. How can anyone try to justify sending a controller from a place that does 100 ops a day to one that does 2000+ ?
I wonder if this girl everyone talks about so much on here has any idea how much people dislike her situation. Lol

But seriously, sure, there were more qualified candidates. However, put yourself if the girl’s shoes. Wouldn’t you want to get picked up right to ORD if you were her? You wouldn’t complain one bit. Hate the game, not the player.

As a sidebar to the other topic, most CPCs are more than happy to delay training to keep the best schedule we have ever had. And I speak this as a guy who has had ERRs in for years from my current facility. Nothing beats extra time with family, unless you hate your spouse......

Life is way too short to put all efforts into work, work, work. And yea, this is one of the greatest jobs in the world in my opinion. But you can’t buy back time.

If this were true we wouldn’t have ncept and they’d staff controller positions like they do supervisors.

You’d think with how awful some of the success rates are at big facilities they get rid of the ranking list because obviously some of these managers don’t know what they are doing when they rank people.
It is true. The only thing stopping them from selecting anyone they want is the staffing numbers. It’s still the ATMs ranking. As we saw with multiple NCEPT where DEN, DFW and IAH picked up from 7 and below facilities

Maybe with the higher ups reviewing the selections they will apply some “common sense” (since y’all like that phrase) hiring practices.

I wonder if this girl everyone talks about so much on here has any idea how much people dislike her situation. Lol

But seriously, sure, there were more qualified candidates. However, put yourself if the girl’s shoes. Wouldn’t you want to get picked up right to ORD if you were her? You wouldn’t complain one bit. Hate the game, not the player.

As a sidebar to the other topic, most CPCs are more than happy to delay training to keep the best schedule we have ever had. And I speak this as a guy who has had ERRs in for years from my current facility. Nothing beats extra time with family, unless you hate your spouse......

Life is way too short to put all efforts into work, work, work. And yea, this is one of the greatest jobs in the world in my opinion. But you can’t buy back time.
I thought they were talking about the person from the level 4 who got picked up at DFW. I wanna know how that's going.

I didn't know there were other 8 level jumps happening. Glorious time to be in the agency.

Last edited:
It is true. The only thing stopping them from selecting anyone they want is the staffing numbers. It’s still the ATMs ranking. As we saw with multiple NCEPT where DEN, DFW and IAH picked up from 7 and below facilities

Maybe with the higher ups reviewing the selections they will apply some “common sense” (since y’all like that phrase) hiring practices.
Yeah idk. I’m just irritated so maybe I’m thinking what’s wrong is the attitude that the ATM can do whatever the fuck they want even though it’s not good for their facility or the NAS overall.

I am 100% on board with the chick. I don’t like the hiring practices. Same with hardships. They piss me off when 5 golden spots at DEN are taken by hardships, multiple brand new to the agency. But I don’t blame the people for applying for them. One thing I’ve learned is nobody else in this agency cares about your career like you do. Do what you have to do to get where you want/need to go. I definitely hate the game, not the player lol.

I don’t dislike her at all. She won ncept, good for her. I’m mad about what her situation has exposed about how even though ncept was supposed to be a change, we still have the same old shit.

I am 100% on board with the chick. I don’t like the hiring practices. Same with hardships. They piss me off when 5 golden spots at DEN are taken by hardships, multiple brand new to the agency. But I don’t blame the people for applying for them. One thing I’ve learned is nobody else in this agency cares about your career like you do. Do what you have to do to get where you want/need to go. I definitely hate the game, not the player lol.
Ah...see, I question this in the hardship thread. Maybe these hardships to DEN aren't entirely wanting to go to DEN, but they can't be offered the lower levels in Denver bc the lower levels are all at 100% projected staffing. So they HAVE to go to DEN. It's hilarious.

Ah...see, I question this in the hardship thread. Maybe these hardships to DEN aren't entirely wanting to go to DEN, but they can't be offered the lower levels in Denver bc the lower levels are all at 100% projected staffing. So they HAVE to go to DEN. It's hilarious.
Nah they were offered neighboring facilities lol.

Back
Top Bottom