Terminal Class pass rate

I think he tries to grade fairly but does go out of his way a bit looking for things. I had him a few months back on my last local run. I gave a traffic call saying someone was x mile final for 28R. It ended up not being traffic but he went out of his way in the debriefing to say that if it would have been traffic I would have lost points because he believed I said the traffic was on final for 10r.

I got a 76 with him (and passed), but he gave me a 15 (16? Can’t remember) separation error for crossing 28R at echo with someone holding in position and not issuing the traffic call to the crossing aircraft.
It's not even a 7110.65 rule to pass traffic when crossing a runway with someone holding in position. That's just an Academy rule under their Best Practices policy. And even then the only needed traffic call is to the one holding in position about the aircraft crossing downfield. 1 point Phraseology error at most.
I agree with the others that talking about him gets everyone all super worried to have him as a grader.

It's not even a 7110.65 rule to pass traffic when crossing a runway with someone holding in position. That's just an Academy rule under their Best Practices policy. And even then the only needed traffic call is to the one holding in position about the aircraft crossing downfield. 1 point Phraseology error at most.
I agree with the others that talking about him gets everyone all super worried to have him as a grader.
That one isn't even that bad. We had one person fail in my class because the vehicle glithed out and crossed 28R on echo just as he was crossing somebody holding short of E. Points off for the nose to nose then once they pushed him through more points off for the second nose to nose with the second aircraft holding short. Got 0 points back because it was his word against Adam's even though the GC didn't get any points off for that because it was a computer issue. Some people might freak out but this guy is far from a fair grader.

Okay, yeah that's what I had figured. I guess I never learned his actual name. I got a 68 with Adam, which was one of the better local scores anyone had gotten with him in our class.

What was the average score of those that passed. I'm just curious as to what people are getting since it seems they are being tougher on the PA's.

What was the average score of those that passed. I'm just curious as to what people are getting since it seems they are being tougher on the PA's.

My class may not be an ideal one to base things off of, we got slaughtered and had just 6 pass from the class. You get to a point where you just can't prepare for the PA anymore. You have all the tools needed to pass, it's just a matter of making good decisions in a timely manner.

I know by the time it was time to take the PAs, about 90% of my class was just ready to do it and move on with our lives either way.

hey guys, we pa on Tuesday and i wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about the list we just got. mostly in regards to the work environment and if there's anywhere we should avoid.

MFD
PTK
FSM
YNG
CCR
MAF
MSN
BUF
ABI
FAY
ADW
ONT
SYR
PIA
MFD
HSV

its in the right order. Cheers

I work at FSM. Very laid back facility. The people (especially the younger crews) go out of their way to get trainees at least two hours of OJT every day. We had around 18 trainees at one point in 2016, and all except one (for personal reasons) have certified.
Our staffing is really high right now and we usually work an hour on position then take an hour break, and repeat.

My class may not be an ideal one to base things off of, we got slaughtered and had just 6 pass from the class. You get to a point where you just can't prepare for the PA anymore. You have all the tools needed to pass, it's just a matter of making good decisions in a timely manner.

I know by the time it was time to take the PAs, about 90% of my class was just ready to do it and move on with our lives either way.
I hear you, when I went through OKC 2 years ago it didn't seem near as bad as it does now. Our class still had the guy with suspenders but he didn't seem horrible. I remember after my last PA feeling a sense of relief. Congrats to those that made it.

Back
Top Bottom