Terminal Class pass rate

Pretty sure their tetra class went through academy tower and rtf already, so they’d be equivalent to an academy grad, right?

No, this whole class was OTS people, they all went through basics together then straight to rtf/tsew/tetra.

The N90 regional bid wasn’t supposed to allow for them to get to other low level facilities if I recall though. It’s was cert or bust.

We've all heard this through the grapevine, but I've never seen anything saying it's actually true. If you pass TETRA but wash out at N90 after your probation period, you'd be a NATCA member under the same contract and rules as any other developmental, and there's nothing in the N90 bid that says anything different from what the public bids say about failing to certify. I think this was the first class to graduate the academy from that bid, so we'll have to wait a few years for someone from this group to wash out to see what actually happens with them.

We've all heard this through the grapevine, but I've never seen anything saying it's actually true. If you pass TETRA but wash out at N90 after your probation period, you'd be a NATCA member under the same contract and rules as any other developmental, and there's nothing in the N90 bid that says anything different from what the public bids say about failing to certify.

One difference was the new hires who came here from a national bid, whether ots or prior experience, their FOL’s said “type of position: permanent” or something like that and those who came from N90 specific bids their FOL said “type of position: excepted” or temporary or something like that.

Pretty sure their tetra class went through academy tower and rtf already, so they’d be equivalent to an academy grad, right?

The new hires here they’re trying to fire did rtf/tsew/tetra too.

I'm playing catch-up here the last couple weeks...
Stinger Do you know if it's true that everybody in the current or past tetra class failed their first eval?
I'll look at the stats today.
What did they change last min? Was this class new hires or transfers?
The old eval problems were the exact same as the practice problems....where you see one situation or callsign and you know what's going to happen the next little while. There was no thinking required.

The old eval problems were the exact same as the practice problems....where you see one situation or callsign and you know what's going to happen the next little while. There was no thinking required.

That seems like a pretty fair change than to me. The fact it was last minute supposedly shouldn’t matter.

I'm playing catch-up here the last couple weeks...

I'll look at the stats today.

Maybe that’s how they got a 35/36 person pass rate they wrote a article bragging about when it was supposed to be the hardest screen in OKC lol. Even still nerves probably would have failed more then one in 36 on eval day even if they had run the exact problem before, I bet the evaluators were super generous with the grading too.

Maybe that’s how they got a 35/36 person pass rate they wrote a article bragging about when it was supposed to be the hardest screen in OKC lol. Even still nerves probably would have failed more then one in 36 on eval day even if they had run the exact problem before, I bet the evaluators were super generous with the grading too.
Dont forget I'm pretty sure the 1 failure was retained and didnt have to go to hell and got a desirable facility in FL I believe.

Wow, that sounds like a completely different universe compared to the Enroute side of things. Over the past few months, there’s been several classes right around and even below the 50% passing mark. Almost seems like the tower program/evaluators are trying to shuffle people thru while the Enroute side is trying to weed them out.

I can vouch for this when I was there 3 1/2 years ago, my local got a release off of 16 and the "Departure" controller (the instructor) gave her a release of heading 180 and when she cleared him she gave the Aircraft runway heading instead of 180, I noticed it on GC and being the team player I am I said to her hey didn't departure give u a 180 heading? She goes oh yeah thanks and both instructors immediately looked at me and said we don't do that here. Craziness
Thats absurd ! Because in school they taught us to be a team player and always to have situation awareness! Scan the runways, always have an opening ear etc etc. help each other
Seems like their just trying to run people dry

Back
Top Bottom