Terminal List

And it didn’t make sense to cut that many people loose at the academy. If someone demonstrates they can be trained on air traffic send them to a facility and let them train on the real thing. Fucking someone over that makes a mistake or two talking to a robot doesn’t make sense to me. We had a few people in my class that for sure could have checked out at a lower tower and they got sent home because of a couple mistakes that turned out bad for them.

Same in our class, some people who missed out on stupid issues that caused massive point losses.

if you lost 30 points, you made more than a couple mistakes.

This is literally wrong.

This is literally wrong.

look i get the academy is stressful, and in the moment it feels hard... but it's really really not that bad. Go in there, work the problem, go to your facility. quit scaring everyone who's gonna read this in the future. Everyone who came close to failing in my class or failed deserved exactly what they got.

look i get the academy is stressful, and in the moment it feels hard... but it's really really not that bad. Go in there, work the problem, go to your facility. quit scaring everyone who's gonna read this in the future. Everyone who came close to failing in my class or failed deserved exactly what they got.

The academy is the least stressful "test" I've done in my life. Including CF and I are discussing a person who retired shortly after 2017 who was responsible for a lot of failings, literally nicknamed "gatekeeper". Thats like you saying the hiring spree around 2010 where it was also 50% wash rate is the same as now.

We're discussing trends we see in the academy pass rate which is interesting in itself because the drivers of said trends are speculative at best.

Some people who washed in 2017, shouldn't have washed, and there are other time frames where it was harder to get through as well compared to now. What is it, maybe the quality of individuals, or the KPIs of the academy adjusting, or Obama and his diversity initiative? Who knows.

It’s not about scaring anyone. It’s just setting realistic expectations. We lost a guy who was one of the better people in our class because he confused 2 cessnas and the one he confused flew into his downwind and he lost like 50 points from deals and other shit. Yeah sure by definition he fucked up and lost the points he should have lost but one mistake literally sunk him. No one knows if he would have made it but I saw him work a bunch of problems and he was better than me and most people I saw.

I'm not trying to say it's easy up there in OKC. I agree with realistic expectations, but (and this is the last time I'm gonna say it) - if you just go in and work the problem suspenders isn't that bad. All this big bad mean stuff he did to you guys... didn't happen to others. I don't know what to tell you guys, other than sorry you had such a hard time at OKC.

I'm not trying to say it's easy up there in OKC. I agree with realistic expectations, but (and this is the last time I'm gonna say it) - if you just go in and work the problem suspenders isn't that bad. All this big bad mean stuff he did to you guys... didn't happen to others. I don't know what to tell you guys, other than sorry you had such a hard time at OKC.
I didn’t say I had a hard time. I enjoyed the academy and thought the PA problems were easy but I know there are a few guys walking around that could do this job and aren’t because the system doesn’t always work.

I didn’t say I had a hard time. I enjoyed the academy and thought the PA problems were easy but I know there are a few guys walking around that could do this job and aren’t because the system doesn’t always work.

and the system isn't about to work for a heck of a lot more people pretty quick here when furloughs come around. Life sucks. But for those who get furloughed, they'll have to get back on their feet and find new jobs. Sucks? you bet. part of life? yup.

Jesus guys give him a chance to take a breath

Back
Top Bottom