Expect on NEST list?

ogatc2000

I just had my training terminated on LC last week. I came from a level 5 tower to a level 12 tower. Anyone with knowledge or recent lists, know what to expect on my NEST List? Certed on CD and Ground. Level 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 and under?

You certified on GC at the 12? I bet you get a pretty damn good list
I went from a 6 to an 11 tower, certified on GC and 1 (of 3) locals, and was offered 7 and below towers on my NEST list. Another guy who came from a 5 stuck it out and got 2/3 locals and got 8 and below towers. The LC certs seemed to have given us a little more selection, but this was 6-7 years ago.

I just had my training terminated on LC last week. I came from a level 5 tower to a level 12 tower. Anyone with knowledge or recent lists, know what to expect on my NEST List? Certed on CD and Ground. Level 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 and under?
You’ll be guaranteed to get atleast the level towers at which you were previously certified. The NEST panel will make the decision. They will have access to information provided by both your atm and facrep. You could certainly be offered higher than 5s.

You certified on GC at the 12? I bet you get a pretty damn good list
Everyone gives accolades for this not knowing the situation. We have certified people on ground because of potential lawsuits or discrepancies when they should have never been certified on ground in the first place. Not saying, that’s this guys situation but just saying. Also ground at some 12’s is bullshit when there are 4 ground controllers. 🙄

I know someone who had been radar only. Go to a 12 tower, certify on CD and GC and he got level 7 and below towers along with the level for his previous radar facility.

What was the most difficult thing for you in LC? I've always heard GC is harder than LC at a 12.
Airspace procedures, flight paths, staging, etc.

I went from a 6 to an 11 tower, certified on GC and 1 (of 3) locals, and was offered 7 and below towers on my NEST list. Another guy who came from a 5 stuck it out and got 2/3 locals and got 8 and below towers. The LC certs seemed to have given us a little more selection, but this was 6-7 years ago.
I wonder if it’s the same or changed for the better

You’ll be guaranteed to get atleast the level towers at which you were previously certified. The NEST panel will make the decision. They will have access to information provided by both your atm and facrep. You could certainly be offered higher than 5s.
Yea I figured it should be. I get it that I would get 5s if I only got CD but getting Ground at the 12 I would imagine would be higher

I had my training terminated from Z## without certifications. I was recommended for a check ride to get my first D-sides from both trainers and was expected to get one but my supe changed their mind the day of. I’ll be going to the NEST and I have letters of recommendation from both trainers and supervisor vouching for me. Do I have a shot to be retained or should I just accept fate and prepare for a career change.

I had my training terminated from Z## without certifications. I was recommended for a check ride to get my first D-sides from both trainers and was expected to get one but my supe changed their mind the day of. I’ll be going to the NEST and I have letters of recommendation from both trainers and supervisor vouching for me. Do I have a shot to be retained or should I just accept fate and prepare for a career change.
Though to know without knowing the entire situation but assuming what you said was accurate, your supervisor had to explain to a TRB why they chose not to do a cert ride. What was their reasoning? Did you do SDT? Where there a lot of A1s in the latter part of training? Did a TRB recommend termination or did the ATM go against them?

There seems to be lot going on here that doesn’t entirely add up. So both trainers put you up, but your Supe refused to do a check ride and suspended training anyways? With no justification? Then a TRB reviewed all this information and still decided to terminate your training? Then still, this same supe that just screwed you over and caused you to wash wrote you a letter of recommendation? Feel like there are details missing here but nonetheless, going to the NEST without any certifications is not a great position to be in. Maybe there’s a still chance you may be offered Flight Service in Alaska or something, but I wouldn’t expect anything more and would probably be prepared for employment termination.

Though to know without knowing the entire situation but assuming what you said was accurate, your supervisor had to explain to a TRB why they chose not to do a cert ride. What was their reasoning? Did you do SDT? Where there a lot of A1s in the latter part of training? Did a TRB recommend termination or did the ATM go against them?
I did do two SDT. There weren’t a lot of A1 in the latter. TRB recommended a continuation of training and ATM went against them.

Back
Top Bottom