Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
2 is stand alone tracon, 3 is up/down, 7 tower only, and 6 looks like CCF (combined control facility which I believe is like a tracon/enroute combined). For some reason N90 has a 9, but no idea why.

1 - Tower without radar
2 - TRACON
3 - Combination Radar Approach Control and Tower With Radar (up/down)
4 - Combination Non Radar Approach Control/Tower With Radar (HLN, TWF)
6 - Combined Control Facility (E10, HCF)
7 - Tower with radar
8 - ARTCC
9 - Consolidated TRACON (I think to be a type 9, it needs to service numerous airports, and 1 airport can not provide 60% of the traffic, or something along those lines.) (N90, PCT, SCT)

I don't think there are any type 1 anymore (not positive though). Maybe the same thing for type 4.

How should I interpret this list?

Hypothetically speaking; if I have a placement day of 07/07/2017.....where on the list should I be looking at?

That list will change a bunch before you graduate, so I wouldn't worry about it now. Maybe a month or so out take a look at it to get an idea, but it doesn't mean you'll be offered those either.

Quick question: If 75% of the list contains facilities that new hires won't get (N90, C90 etc.,) and new hires graduating the academy (supposedly) get a list of 36 facilities all under level 7 to choose from, my question is: where on the terminal place list do those 36 low level facilities come from?

Quick question: If 75% of the list contains facilities that new hires won't get (N90, C90 etc.,) and new hires graduating the academy (supposedly) get a list of 36 facilities all under level 7 to choose from, my question is: where on the terminal place list do those 36 low level facilities come from?
There's thousands of slots. I put images of the first 5 pages, but you can download the entire thing.

I download the excel and then filter out anything level 8 and above and filter for blanks on the 'status' column as an assumption that those are the ones that would be offered to academy graduates in the future. But yeah, the list is ever changing.

I'm new to this forum: I live in KC and am getting my FOL sometime today for terminal class 04/19 (I spoke with HR, they just need one doc from me). KCI has been downgraded from 9 to 8 from what I hear, but that's still out of reach for an academy grad seemingly. So I am looking at Kansas City Downtown, which is a level 5. in the Excel sheet, it seems pretty low on the list of priority slot, in the 1000s, and all are blank white detail spaces. Those previously filled at KC Downtown were NEST, ERR for the most part, never academy grads. Am I to assume is nearly impossible that I get KCD? Sorry for the long post... thanks for all your help!

To keep everyone up to speed...
We didn't forget or stop updating the placement lists. The FAA began using a new system for publishing the information which makes it difficult to access and make available. I'm not sure how soon or often it will be updated here because of that, but am working on it.

Back
Top Bottom