Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
I don't know for certain that 36 were offered - but I haven't heard anything on the contrary. I believe they just pulled off the bottom handful of facilities and replaced them with different ones. The "rule" is 25% not to exceed 5 facilities will be mandatory. This would mean 2 facilities were mandatory for this last class.

They way I read this is that the amount of mandatory locations can not exceed 25% of the students that passed. But, 25% of 18 is only 4.5 - do they round up to get to 5 mandatory locations only if everyone passes?

Can't exceed 5 facilities or 25% of the choices.

EDIT: Now I'm second guessing. Maybe it is 4/25%. I honestly can't remember what I heard.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the clarification

Yup. Basically, the number is always rounded down. This new 36 facility list thing is a "test" and always subject to change, so a class graduating in a week, or two, or a month, may get something totally different.

If the facility has a month in the facility assignment date does that mean they already have someone slotted to go there? Or they will fill it with someone who has a TOL?

A month just indicates it's projected to be on a list for a class graduating that month (this will likely change 100-500 times before the list is published).
If it's actually on a class's list, it'll have a class number instead of a month or quarter. The list changes daily, no sense it speculating off of it until your class is actually given a list.
Also, you'll see in the rightmost column it says "reserved for academy graduate" or "filled with academy graduate" once either of those things are true.

If the facility has a month in the facility assignment date does that mean they already have someone slotted to go there? Or they will fill it with someone who has a TOL?

That is when it's projected to be filled by new hire (not necessarily from the academy). The current fill rate is ~30 placements per month, so that's what they use to project that out. The placement list only changes once per month, when the placement tool is run. This is a placement list for ALL facilities and ALL methods of fills, not just new hires, so things like ERRs, hardships, NEST don't have to go in order of priority. New hire fills generally go straight down the list, with some exceptions (typically previous experience hire that doesn't abide by the lvl7 and under rule).

That is when it's projected to be filled by new hire (not necessarily from the academy). The current fill rate is ~30 placements per month, so that's what they use to project that out. The placement list only changes once per month, when the placement tool is run. This is a placement list for ALL facilities and ALL methods of fills, not just new hires, so things like ERRs, hardships, NEST don't have to go in order of priority. New hire fills generally go straight down the list, with some exceptions (typically previous experience hire that doesn't abide by the lvl7 and under rule).

What's the purpose of the list they give prior experience??

I understand that - but does it really make a difference if they just send you down the list?

They go down the list, but they offer prior experience 5-10 locations to choose from, that they then rank. They will send lists to 5-10 people at a time. Most people get their 1st or 2nd choice. The rest are used for the next people to choose from. The ones that aren't chosen could be someone else's dream 1st facility, so they will eventually get chosen. If they don't get chosen, they could also become a required facility for academy grads.

This placement list is more for HR than it is for people on here or academy grads. It's a confusing, complicated process and that list isn't designed (imho) for the lay user. The list does change often and it's very unpredictable.

I understand that - but does it really make a difference if they just send you down the list?
Yes, because they'll send you however many to choose from for what you qualify for, depending on your experience. Say you get 10 choices and you rank them with the lowest "slot" ranked first, and it works out that they can give it to you, you would get that one even though it's "lower" in priority.

So in essence, what facilities you get offered to rank depends on two things: where they are at in the priority list and what your exp qualifies you for. Inside of that group, the priority list no longer matters.

Last edited:
Looks like a ton of good locations for those people who have good exp!!! I see all the 5-7 have TBD under assignment so I assume those will be offered to academy grads within the next couple weeks? any speculation?

5-7 is the rule for Academy grads, for now. The dates are the expected fulfillment date, but it constantly changes. What is there today could be gone tomorrow.

a good bit of lists should go out this week for the prior exp....well thats the assumption based on when our names were sent to ATO

Back
Top Bottom